Ed Dolan - the Great and Good Troll! The Saga Continues!

Old December 20th 07, 03:53 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc, alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

Default Ed Dolan - the Great and Good Troll! The Saga Continues!

On Dec 14, 10:35 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
I would say that 90% of all trolls to be found on Usenet are vulgar and
disgusting,

And, you fit in nicely since, by your own admission, you are a troll
and have demonstrated that you are capable of being vulgar and
disgusting.

if not downright criminal (Ed Gin comes immediately to mind).
However, there exists one mighty exception to the above rule - and that is
Ed Dolan, the Great and Good Troll!

What Ed Dolan does on these freaking-cycling-newsgroups (all one word) is

THREE words inappropriately hyphenated (a librarian you once were???)

beyond what can be expressed without becoming maudlin. He will shut up when
you are being sensible and reasonable (a rarity on these groups) and he will
only sally forth like a great and good troll when you are being stupid and
irascible (which is most of the time).

Let's face it, most of you have not been called blockheads since you were
teenagers and part of a cohesive social group who knew you for the jackasses
that you are. But I am here to do pricisely that - and for free too! It is
a mark of My Greatness that I do not expect any thanks for my contributions.
I consider it part of my noblesse oblige as a superior human being that I
bestow this honorarium freely on my inferiors. Yea, it is a thankless task,
but if I don't do it, who will?

These newsgroups are greatly enriched by my presence if I do say so myself.
Even Jim McNamara, an insignificant weasel, acknowledges my Greatness by
constantly stalking me.

What we have here is a classic example of a logical fallacy known as a
Non Sequitur ("It does not follow") aptly demonstrated by Ed Dolan
when he states, as a conclusion, that which does not strictly follow
from the premise. Ed Dolan should not be so quick to flatter himself
although I do acknowledge his GRATEness.

Yea, I am like a mighty whale with lots of little
fishes following in my wake.

An interesting inference since large whales excrete two percent of
their body weight or tons of fecal matter each day which approximates
the quantity of crap that Ed Dolan deposits daily in cyberspace
newsgroups. One would think that by now, even the obtuse, irrelevant
Ed Dolan would be growing weary of the regurgitated, truculent,
effluvia that he posts ... ad nauseum.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old December 20th 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Dec 14, 10:35 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
I would say that 90% of all trolls to be found on Usenet are vulgar and
disgusting,

And, you fit in nicely since, by your own admission, you are a troll
and have demonstrated that you are capable of being vulgar and
disgusting.

Everything is tit for tat with me. I refuse to let low down dirty rotten
rascals get any lower than me!
[...]

These newsgroups are greatly enriched by my presence if I do say so
myself.
Even Jim McNamara, an insignificant weasel, acknowledges my Greatness by
constantly stalking me.

What we have here is a classic example of a logical fallacy known as a
Non Sequitur ("It does not follow") aptly demonstrated by Ed Dolan
when he states, as a conclusion, that which does not strictly follow
from the premise. Ed Dolan should not be so quick to flatter himself
although I do acknowledge his GRATEness.

Poor Jim never got out of Logic 101 at Loyola where he thought he had found
the Holy Grail apparently. It must be horrible to go through life never
getting any smarter than you were in college.

Yea, I am like a mighty whale with lots of little
fishes following in my wake.

An interesting inference since large whales excrete two percent of
their body weight or tons of fecal matter each day which approximates
the quantity of crap that Ed Dolan deposits daily in cyberspace
newsgroups. One would think that by now, even the obtuse, irrelevant
Ed Dolan would be growing weary of the regurgitated, truculent,
effluvia that he posts ... ad nauseum.

Poor Jim is in love with adjectives, never realizing that less can be more.

Old December 21st 07, 01:30 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default THE HOLY GRAIL (was: Ed Dolan - the Grate Troll! The Saga Continues!)

Edward Dolan wrote:
Poor Jim never got out of Logic 101 at Loyola where he thought he had found
the Holy Grail apparently....

That would be a silly assumption, since the Holy Grail is in The Castle
Aaaagh guarded by obnoxious Frenchmen.

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter
Old December 21st 07, 04:37 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc, alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Dec 20, 1:53 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

Opinion stated as fact ... as usual. Jim not only got out of "logic
101", but profited from it. Perhaps if Ed Dolan attended a course in
logic, the methodical process of valid, logical reasoning would not
continue to exceed his poor powers of perception.

As he is so found of saying, Ed Dolan had learned everything that he
ever needed to know by the time he was out of high school, so college
and learning experiences in life have apparently taught him nothing
further. Tis a shame that Ed Dolan is seeming content to wallow in a
stagnating state of arrested cerebral development.

Yea, I am like a mighty whale with lots of little
fishes following in my wake.

An interesting inference since large whales excrete two percent of
their body weight or tons of fecal matter each day which approximates
the quantity of crap that Ed Dolan deposits daily in cyberspace
newsgroups. One would think that by now, even the obtuse, irrelevant
Ed Dolan would be growing weary of the regurgitated, truculent,
effluvia that he posts ... ad nauseum.

Poor Jim is in love with adjectives, never realizing that less can be more.

Poor Ed is in in love with himself and nothing more ... just
pitiful.

Old December 21st 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc, alt.mountain-bike
Jym Dyer

Default Ed Dolan - the Great Outpouring of Whale Poop

... never realizing that less can be more.

=x= Less Ed Dolan, in particular.
_Jym_
Old December 21st 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
Poor Jim never got out of Logic 101 at Loyola where he thought he had
found the Holy Grail apparently....

That would be a silly assumption, since the Holy Grail is in The Castle
Aaaagh guarded by obnoxious Frenchmen.

Unless you are into the Monty Python **** on PBS, you would never have any
idea what this is about.

Old December 22nd 07, 05:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Dec 14, 10:35 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
I would say that 90% of all trolls to be found on Usenet are vulgar
and
disgusting,

And, you fit in nicely since, by your own admission, you are a troll
and have demonstrated that you are capable of being vulgar and
disgusting.

Everything is tit for tat with me. I refuse to let low down dirty rotten
rascals get any lower than me!
[...]

You know nothing about tits and tat's a fact ;^)

[...]

All of that is wasted on Usenet. There is no one here except us scofflaws
and idiots. I have enough brains to realize this; apparently, Jim McNamara
doesn't.

Opinion stated as fact

As Ed Dolan is so found of saying, he learned everything that he
ever needed to know by the time he was out of high school, so college
and learning experiences in life have apparently taught him nothing
further. Tis a shame that Ed Dolan is seeming content to wallow in a
stagnating state of arrested cerebral development.

Ed Dolan the Great learned everything he ever needed to know about Usenet
from Tom Sherman. Also, old Slugger taught
Ed Dolan a thing or two about idiocy of which he was not previously aware.

Ed Dolan continues to think that Jim McNamara is not at all a bad writer,
but he needs to guard against his tendency to profligacy. That is fine with
some other forums, but not Usenet.

PROFLIGACY??? ... The trait of spending extravagantly or dissolute
indulgence in sensual pleasure??? Not sure which I am being accused
since neither seem to describe my lifestyle.

Yea, I am like a mighty whale with lots of little
fishes following in my wake.

An interesting inference since large whales excrete two percent of
their body weight or tons of fecal matter each day which approximates
the quantity of crap that Ed Dolan deposits daily in cyberspace
newsgroups. One would think that by now, even the obtuse, irrelevant
Ed Dolan would be growing weary of the regurgitated, truculent,
effluvia that he posts ... ad nauseum.

Poor Jim is in love with adjectives, never realizing that less can be
more.

Poor Ed is in in love with himself and nothing more ... just
pitiful.

I am constantly making fun of myself - and trying to get others to see
themselves in the same light. Very strange that you cannot see this! You are
too serious by half. Usenet is for fools and charlatans. I KNOW that, you do
not.

Opinion stated ad fact. You are confusing Usenet with Abusenet.

Think back on your feud with Ed Gin. You should be laughing about it. If you
are not, there is something seriously the matter with you.

I did not consider that cyber-skirmish to be anything but serious and
see no humor in the engagement. To think otherwise would be cause for
concern.

Old December 23rd 07, 08:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Dec 21, 6:00 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]
Ed Dolan continues to think that Jim McNamara is not at all a bad writer,
but he needs to guard against his tendency to profligacy. That is fine
with
some other forums, but not Usenet.

PROFLIGACY??? ... The trait of spending extravagantly or dissolute
indulgence in sensual pleasure??? Not sure which I am being accused
since neither seem to describe my lifestyle.

You use 3 or 4 words (adjectives) where 1 or 2 would suffice. I am somewhat
prolix too. Tom Sherman has got it about right. I continue to be amazed at
how a mere engineer can write such good English.

I have spent my life reading and never writing anything. I think Tom Sherman
may have spent his life writing and never reading anything. Maybe that
explains why he is such a good writer. We would both make good editors
though, something that you could never do in a million years because all
words are of equal importance to you. Your thought becomes entangled with
verbiage. Try to remember that less is more and you too may become a good
writer some day.

Hemingway was a first class jackass in every way that mattered, but he was a
good writer because he knew that less is more. It came from his days of
being a newspaper reporter and he never forgot it. Compare Hemingway to
Faulkner and you will immediately see what I mean. Better yet, read Lord
Byron if you would like to learn the meaning of "interminable".
[...]

Think back on your feud with Ed Gin. You should be laughing about it. If
you
are not, there is something seriously the matter with you.

I did not consider that cyber-skirmish to be anything but serious and
see no humor in the engagement. To think otherwise would be cause for
concern.

I am assuming the above was said with tongue in cheek. If not, please see a
psychiatrist as there is something seriously the matter with you. Ed Gin was
a criminal vandal troll, but he was more or less a normal person in a scummy
sort of way. He is actually easier for me to understand than you. He was not
obsessive and you are. You are far stranger than him.

Old December 24th 07, 12:45 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Dec 21, 6:00 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]
Ed Dolan continues to think that Jim McNamara is not at all a bad writer,
but he needs to guard against his tendency to profligacy. That is fine
with
some other forums, but not Usenet.

PROFLIGACY??? ... The trait of spending extravagantly or dissolute
indulgence in sensual pleasure??? Not sure which I am being accused
since neither seem to describe my lifestyle.

You use 3 or 4 words (adjectives) where 1 or 2 would suffice. I am somewhat
prolix too. Tom Sherman has got it about right. I continue to be amazed at
how a mere engineer can write such good English....

Well, I write engineering reports for a living.

POST FREE OR DIE!
Old December 24th 07, 10:25 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Dec 21, 6:00 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]
I would say that 90% of all trolls to be found on Usenet are vulgar
and
disgusting,

And, you fit in nicely since, by your own admission, you are a troll
and have demonstrated that you are capable of being vulgar and
disgusting.

Everything is tit for tat with me. I refuse to let low down dirty
rotten
rascals get any lower than me!
[...]

You know nothing about tits and tat's a fact ;^)

Here is Jim McNamara at his best. He has played on words to good effect. In
fact, he has done something that I would never have the talent to do myself.
He should do more of this and less pure stalking, which leads nowhere and is
a dead end. I leave myself wide open to these kind of ripostes and I enjoy
them as much as anybody.
[...]