New Year's Resolution...

Old January 4th 06, 02:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default New Year's Resolution...

"Mike Rice" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:08:50 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:
snip

ARBR has fallen on hard times because of the spammers. No, I don't bother
with any of it either, but just knowing it is there ****es me off!

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

I am truly amazed, Saint Ed gets ****ed off!

Who'da thunk it?

Indiana Mike

Minor Saints are not allowed to get ****ed off. Only Major Saints like Saint
Edward the Great are allowed to get ****ed off. In fact, it is expected of
us Great Saints. It is sometimes called Holy Rage, as when Our Lord got
angry and threw the money changers out of the temple.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old January 4th 06, 03:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Ken M wrote:
Steve W wrote:
"but ignore thread is a very useful too"

please explain how to use this facility as I am truly fed up with the
postings that are spoiling this NG

SW in the UK

Well I guess it depends on if you are using a separate news service. If
you are posting / reading using google then there is no way to ignore a
thread....

Not true. There is an excellent filter called the human brain, that
works very well in this capacity with proper training and discipline
(something all those who posted whiny messages to
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent before running off to BROL land where they
are protected from spirited discussion by the moderators.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old January 4th 06, 03:15 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Johnny Sunset" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ken M wrote:
Steve W wrote:
"but ignore thread is a very useful too"

please explain how to use this facility as I am truly fed up with the
postings that are spoiling this NG

SW in the UK

Well I guess it depends on if you are using a separate news service. If
you are posting / reading using google then there is no way to ignore a
thread....

Not true. There is an excellent filter called the human brain, that
works very well in this capacity with proper training and discipline
(something all those who posted whiny messages to
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent before running off to BROL land where they
are protected from spirited discussion by the moderators.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Jeez! Mr. Sherman is getting feistier and feistier lately. He is even
starting to sound like me!

However, he is surely right. I have never for the life of me been able to
figure out why those who do not like a particular topic can't just ignore
it. Who needs any filters or kill files.

My only caveat is that even I do not much appreciate messages that are full
of nothing but obscenities and character assassination. Mr. Sherman does not
do it and neither do I. I wish that those who like to engage in that sort of
nonsense would confine it to their blogs and not bother a respectable group
like ARBR.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old January 4th 06, 07:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Johnny Sunset Wrote:
Ken M wrote:
Steve W wrote:
"but ignore thread is a very useful too"

please explain how to use this facility as I am truly fed up with

the
postings that are spoiling this NG

SW in the UK

Well I guess it depends on if you are using a separate news service.

If
you are posting / reading using google then there is no way to ignore

thread....

Not true. There is an excellent filter called the human brain, that
works very well in this capacity with proper training and
discipline[.]

I agree with what Tom is saying up to this point. The rest of what he
has to say is just the ramblings on of someone who probably smoked just
a little too much monkey bud. Spirited discussions are not in short
supply in BROL land but nasty HRS blogs are.

(something all those who posted whiny messages to
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent before running off to BROL land where they
are protected from spirited discussion by the moderators.
You could toss the rest of what you said in the garbage, after all it
is just your opinion.

--
Tom " Mr. sixth grade education" Sherman - Fox River Valley

PS. Put the mouse down,raise your hands and slowly back away from the
computer.
Mark

--
nget

Old January 4th 06, 08:01 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"nget" wrote in message
[...]
I agree with what Tom is saying up to this point. The rest of what he
has to say is just the ramblings on of someone who probably smoked just
a little too much monkey bud. Spirited discussions are not in short
supply in BROL land but nasty HRS blogs are.

But could you have said what you just said on BROL?

(something all those who posted whiny messages to
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent before running off to BROL land where they
are protected from spirited discussion by the moderators.

You could toss the rest of what you said in the garbage, after all it
is just your opinion.

Again, could you have said what you just said on BROL?

By the way, opinion is of the essence. It is just about the only thing I am
interested in. Discussions about facts bore the hell out of me.

Tom " Mr. sixth grade education" Sherman - Fox River Valley

PS. Put the mouse down,raise your hands and slowly back away from the
computer.

Ditto for the above.

If you could have said all of the above, then BROL is not as bad as I
imagine it to be. However, I don't think I would pass muster on that forum.
Mr. Sherman would however provided he does not go off topic like he does
with me. One of these days I will have a look at it. I will just lurk and
not post of course.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old January 4th 06, 09:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Edward Dolan Wrote:
"nget" wrote in message
[...]
I agree with what Tom is saying up to this point. The rest of what

he
has to say is just the ramblings on of someone who probably smoked

just
a little too much monkey bud. Spirited discussions are not in short
supply in BROL land but nasty HRS blogs are.

But could you have said what you just said on BROL?

I could but leave out the part about smoking monkey dope.

(something all those who posted whiny messages to
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent before running off to BROL land where

they
are protected from spirited discussion by the moderators.

You could toss the rest of what you said in the garbage, after all

it
is just your opinion.

Again, could you have said what you just said on BROL?

Tom seems to like the HRS blog and it is his opinion that it is funny.
Most of the people on BROL think it is juvenile and not worth bothering
with. If Mr. Sherman would like to post over at BROL then I suggest
that he keep his hands out of his pockets and in plain view where we
can all see what he is up to. The answer to your question is no, I
would not be able to tell someone that thier opinion was fit for the
dumpster.

[...]

I think my new years' motto will be to always look on the bright side
of life.
Happy new year,
Mark

--
nget

Old January 4th 06, 01:13 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

nget ? wrote:
I think my new years' motto will be to always look on the bright side
of life...

MR. FRISBEE III:
Cheer up, Brian. You know what they say.
Some things in life are bad.
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble. Give a whistle.
And this'll help things turn out for the best.
And...

[music]
Always look on the bright side of life.

[whistling]
Always look on the light side of life.
[whistling]

If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten,
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps.
Just purse your lips and whistle. That's the thing.
And...

Always look on the bright side of life.
SEVERAL:
[whistling]
MR. FRISBEE:
Come on!
SEVERAL:
Always look on the right side of life,
[whistling]

MR. FRISBEE:
For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin.
Give the audience a grin.
EVERYONE:
Enjoy it. It's your last chance, anyhow.
So,...

Always look on the bright side of death,
[whistling]
Just before you draw your terminal breath.

[whistling]

MR. FRISBEE:
Life's a piece of ****,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke. It's true.
You'll see it's all a show.
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.
And...

EVERYONE:

Old January 4th 06, 06:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"nget" wrote in message

Edward Dolan Wrote:
"nget" wrote in message
[...]
I agree with what Tom is saying up to this point. The rest of what

he
has to say is just the ramblings on of someone who probably smoked

just
a little too much monkey bud. Spirited discussions are not in short
supply in BROL land but nasty HRS blogs are.

But could you have said what you just said on BROL?

I could but leave out the part about smoking monkey dope.

[...]

The answer to your question is no, I
would not be able to tell someone that thier opinion was fit for the
dumpster.

By the way, opinion is of the essence. It is just about the only thing
I am
interested in. Discussions about facts bore the hell out of me.

[...]

No, there is no point in me ever going to BROL. I am only into opinion and I
like to see it strongly expressed. I like lots of conflict with lots of
fireworks and a bit of name calling never hurt anyone either. If I want to
be bored by humdrum discussion, I will turn on the TV and attend to Charlie
Rose on PBS.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old January 4th 06, 07:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Johnny Sunset" wrote in message
oups.com...

nget ? wrote:
[...]

Voltaire and Bernstein addressed this problem of optimism vs. pessimism in
"Candide."

Human life is either tragedy or comedy. It cannot be both. I see it as
tragedy because we have consciousness and can therefor reflect upon it.

Life is much simpler for my cats who cannot reflect upon their lives. Life
is even simpler for a great Sequoia Tree. I would like to have been a great
Sequoia Tree. Instead, we humans are closely related to the chimpanzee, a
most grotesque creature. No, it would have been better if I had come into
this world as a great Sequoia Tree.

Mr. Sherman could have been a lowly bush or a shrub under my mighty trunk
and Slugger could have been a dandelion. I would have looked down on them
from my height as a great Sequoia Tree and known all was right with the
world.

Evolution made a tremendous mistake when it took a turn to animal life. We
should all have been plants which is the only suitable life for this planet
known as Mother Earth.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old January 20th 07, 04:11 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Bullwinkle

On 1/2/06 3:58 PM, in article ,
"Bullwinkle" wrote:

... To wait until 1/1/2007 to check back and see if all the nonsense has
stopped on ARBR.

Jeez, it's even worse than before. Dolan's still here, and now some other
guy with delusional disorder is blaming a British government spy agency for
all life's problems?

Why don't these morons go to rec.schiozphrenia.delusionalravings.looneybin?
Or at least take their medications, as prescribed?

I'd love to frequent a newsgroup about recumbent bicycles. Guess that's too
much to ask.

Goodbye, again. See you (maybe) sometime after 1/1/08.