Former RBR poster tests positive

Old December 30th 03, 07:47 PM
Ken Lehner

Default Former RBR poster tests positive

from Reuters:

"The USOC also said cyclist Adham Sbeih tested positive for
erythropoietin (EPO) at the U.S. Cycling FederationElite Track
National Championships in August."
Old December 30th 03, 08:57 PM
Andy Coggan

"Ken Lehner" wrote in message
om...
from Reuters:

"The USOC also said cyclist Adham Sbeih tested positive for
erythropoietin (EPO) at the U.S. Cycling FederationElite Track
National Championships in August."

Incredible.

shaking head in wonderment

Andy Coggan

Old December 30th 03, 09:00 PM
JTN

im starting to think there are more using than not anymore......????????

Old December 30th 03, 09:18 PM
B. Lafferty

"Andy Coggan" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Incredible.

shaking head in wonderment

Andy Coggan

It's far, far from incredible.

Old December 30th 03, 09:24 PM
Dave

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
k.net...

"Andy Coggan" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Incredible.

shaking head in wonderment

Andy Coggan

It's far, far from incredible.

Adam's reply
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/5388.0.html
how many false positives have happened on EPO testing?

Dave

Old December 30th 03, 10:10 PM
JTN

I cant wait to hear from the baddest mf out there who has the balls to say,
"hell yea I took it, I got caught, now being the bad ass that I am I will
suffer all the consequences"

so far only the french have been man enough to say antying resembling
it......

my favorite is "i take nothing on the banned list" what about other ****
your doc gives you that they dont test for yet? hard work my assssssss....

Old December 30th 03, 10:23 PM
B. Lafferty

"Dave" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
k.net...

"Andy Coggan" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Incredible.

shaking head in wonderment

Andy Coggan

It's far, far from incredible.

Adam's reply
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/5388.0.html
how many false positives have happened on EPO testing?

Dave

Possible excuses/defenses/admissions:

1. The chain of custody of the urine/blood sample was broken making the test
result unreliable.
2. The test was not properly performed even though the chain of custody was
not broken.
3. The use of EPO was not timed properly resulting in a positive test.
4. I don't know how this could have happened. I train my ass off with "X"
as my personal coach. That's why I'm so good. You believe me, don't you?
5. Somehow the Cytomax got contaminated by EPO. It did taste a bit funny,
but I didn't think anything of it at the time. You believe me, don't you?
6. I was a regular poster at rbr. My word is my bond. You believe me, don't
you?
7. Yeah, I used EPO and got caught. You believe me, don't you?

Old December 31st 03, 12:18 AM
hold my beer and watch this...

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
news

"Dave" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
k.net...

[...]

Any lab that does any analytical testing of anything has to have samples of
the material that they're testing for in order to make standards.
Therefore, the potential always exist that the sample was contaminated via
the testing process itself.

Lets let the investigation run its course.

'nuff said.

Old December 31st 03, 12:25 AM
B. Lafferty

"hold my beer and watch this..." wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
news

"Dave" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
k.net...

[...]

Possible, but very unlikely in-as-much-as a confirming test had to have been
run.

Lets let the investigation run its course.

What investigation is that? There is an appeal process for the rider who has
the opportunity to challenge the validity of the test and/or present an
alternative explaination for the proscribed substance being found in his
sample. Given how seriously the anti-doping agencies took the legal process
of setting up the EPO test, including lab certification, it's very unlikely
that this rider will escape judgment day. It's a bit different that the
roid in the energy bar defense.

'nuff said.

by the rider?