Why are revlimiters uneven?

Old May 4th 21, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Max Demian

Default Why are revlimiters uneven?

On 04/05/2021 17:38, Fredxx wrote:
On 04/05/2021 13:23, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

OK what do they use then, All I remember from my brief experience
trying to
dim leds was that the most successful way of doing that was by duty
cycle,
ie on to off times with them driven by some kind of oscillator with
variable
mark space ratios. However it is obvious that even the briefest of ons
and
the longest offs tends to still be visible in most cases, and not
terribly
accurate if many leds are usedÂ* as the load, there being a spread of
linearity in any given number.

PWM is the cheapest way as it needs no other component.

Yes, I made a PWM dimmer circuit (for fun) based on circuits I found on
the Internet and it works well, and dims to nothingness. (12VDC working
a white LED strip.)

--
Max Demian
Old May 5th 21, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]

On 04/05/2021 22:00, Max Demian wrote:
[...]

do it at high enough frequency and there is no visible flicker, and you
can feed the LEDS via a small ferrite inductor with a parallel capacitor
and reduce HF flicker too.

private property.

Karl Marx

Old May 5th 21, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.diy,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey[_2_]

On Tue, 04 May 2021 03:01:29 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.

But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve. I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too fast. The driver would still feel the lack of power.

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.
Old May 5th 21, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 04 May 2021 03:01:29 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.

But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too fast.

Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.

The driver would still feel the lack of power.

Makes more sense to have a rev limiter and much easier to do too.

And you ****ed up uk.d-i-y in the newsgroup list, you have uk.diy

Old May 5th 21, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peeler[_4_]

Default The Two Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again!

On Thu, 6 May 2021 06:34:31 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish ****** and the senile
Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse **** doesn't stink."

Senile Rodent: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky ****, but then why does vegetarian human **** stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rodent: "Nope, some cow **** stinks too."

Old May 6th 21, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:31 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietardis out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On 5/05/21 6:39 am, Peeler wrote:
On Wed, 5 May 2021 02:31:42 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

02:31??? AGAIN? Is your senility not letting you sleep in again, you
abnormal senile troll?

Peeler's eyes are simple eyespots, not lensed eyes that can resolve images.
Old May 6th 21, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting OzzieCretin!

On 5/05/21 6:40 am, Peeler wrote:
On Wed, 5 May 2021 03:33:20 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

Peeler's skin is only attached to the body along the center ridge of the
back and at the slime glands, and is filled with close to a third of the
body's blood volume, giving the impression of a blood-filled sack.
Old May 6th 21, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.diy,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On 4/05/21 6:46 pm, Peeler wrote:
On Mon, 3 May 2021 20:01:29 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.

Just what makes the unwashed Scottish ****** so irresistible to some of you
disgusting senile assholes? Is it the fact that he admitted that he never
wears any underwear? Or is it the fact that he rarely washes? Or both? YUCK!

Peeler is long and vermiform, and can exude copious quantities of a
milky and fibrous slime or mucus from some 100 glands or invaginations
running along his flank.
Old May 6th 21, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.diy,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 4/05/21 9:13 pm, Peeler wrote:
On Tue, 4 May 2021 20:53:18 +1200, Peter Keller, the dumb gay little
masochist, blabbered again:

Just what makes the unwashed Scottish ****** so irresistible to some of you
disgusting senile assholes? Is it the fact that he admitted that he never
wears any underwear? Or is it the fact that he rarely washes? Or both? YUCK!

Instead of vertically articulating jaws like Gnathostomata (vertebrates
with jaws), Peeler has a pair of horizontally moving structures with
tooth-like projections for pulling off food.

You must be the dumbest gay ****ty byker in the UK's streets! LOL

When Peeler is captured and held, e.g., by the tail, he secretes the
microfibrous mucus, which expands into up to 20 litres of sticky,
gelatinous material when combined with water.
Old May 6th 21, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 6/05/21 8:45 am, Peeler wrote:
On Thu, 6 May 2021 06:34:31 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

If Peler remains captured, he can tie himself in an overhand knot, which
works its way from the head to the tail

uneven spoke tension Joel Techniques 5 August 31st 06 01:58 AM
Uneven Chain Wear? (PeteCresswell) Techniques 55 December 25th 05 05:21 PM
uneven leg lengths? [email protected] Techniques 9 September 10th 05 03:12 PM
Uneven disc brakes Arild Ingebrigtsen Techniques 6 September 8th 04 06:50 PM
Uneven disc brakes Arild Ingebrigtsen Techniques 0 September 7th 04 07:09 PM