stolen humvee

Old December 17th 05, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default stolen humvee

Zoot Katz wrote:

It was the holes in the knees of their stockings which most intrigued
me until I noticed the hardware in their lips.

There's a definite style sense in Montreal. After spending any length
of time there, Kansas will never be the same.
--
zk

There's an old phrase that is still occasionally used to describe an
unattractive person- s/he looks like s/he was hit in the face with a
bag of nickels. I guess that if those nickels had become embedded,
they'd be beauty marks in Montreal. g

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old December 18th 05, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On 17 Dec 2005 14:01:46 -0800, "Bob" wrote:

Zoot Katz wrote:

It was the holes in the knees of their stockings which most intrigued
me until I noticed the hardware in their lips.

There's a definite style sense in Montreal. After spending any length
of time there, Kansas will never be the same.

There's an old phrase that is still occasionally used to describe an
unattractive person- s/he looks like s/he was hit in the face with a
bag of nickels. I guess that if those nickels had become embedded,
they'd be beauty marks in Montreal. g

Possibly might catch on.

I have to admit it took me a while to put two and two together. The
holes in their stockings just showed that they were skater-babes and
apparently not very skilled ones.

Reality is harsh sometimes.
--
zk
Old December 18th 05, 04:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Today I saw a stretch Hummer. Wow--the convergence of two ridiculous ideas.

Old December 18th 05, 05:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Leo Lichtman wrote:
Today I saw a stretch Hummer. Wow--the convergence of two ridiculous ideas.

omg... where was this?
Old December 18th 05, 06:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Bob wrote: (clip)(No offense intended to any alluring Montreal females.
g)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Marlene wrote: hey, none taken...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So, you admit you're alluring. It's not just me, then.

Old December 18th 05, 09:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
Marlene Blanshay wrote:

But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.

So I wuz riding my Huffy to the grocery store and there wuz a guy who
was complaining cuz his $2000 bike got ripped off. But I wuz
BWAHAHAHA! Serves him right for wasting so much money.

apples .. oranges

Old December 18th 05, 09:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Jeff Starr" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:18:18 -0500, Marlene Blanshay
wrote:

Today i had a chuckle... there was a story on the news about a couple
from NYC who came up here for a holiday (Montreal). While they were here
their HUMVEE (Valued at 65K) was stolen from the garage of the Queen
Elizabeth Hotel. The big story was that they feel they weren't treated
well by the police (this ia a huge auto theft city).

But I was BWAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right for having one of those tanks
anyways...every time I see one of those things i just roll my eyes.

it turns out that the most popular car for thieves is actually Honda
Civic.

Geez, while I think that the Hummer is one of the most useless
vehicles there is, I still see nothing humorous in one being stolen.

It is amazing that at least two replies want to make this political.

What I don't understand, Marlene, is this "serves you right" mean
streak that you occasionally display. Is that who you really are? Do
you enjoy seeing others suffer misfortune? I hope not.

I dislike the Hummer, not because it pollutes, but because they are
hartd to see around. If I needed an suv in that price range, I would
look at Land Rovers.

Life is Good!
Jeff

The wealth of the few is based upon SERIOUS poverty of many. The current
distribution of wealth in our civilization is evil.

Old December 18th 05, 11:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Human powered wrote:

The wealth of the few is based upon SERIOUS poverty of many. The current
distribution of wealth in our civilization is evil.

Ahh, the zero sum poverty line.

If I become richer, I'm making someone else poorer.

Don't all those people in the world who want pay raises
know they'd only be making others poorer?

SMH

Old December 18th 05, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Human powered wrote:

The wealth of the few is based upon SERIOUS poverty of many. The current
distribution of wealth in our civilization is evil.

It's been that way since we first had civilization, even under systems
like Marxism, where everyone is supposed to be equal, there are those
that are more equal then others......

Power equals money, and money equals power, and people can be greedy for
both. This is why big shot drives a hummer in the first place, it's
big, it's expensive and shows off his money and power......

If you've had a Brompton stolen... Tony Raven UK 22 February 28th 05 10:53 AM
Stolen recumbent recovered Edward Dolan Recumbent Biking 9 March 6th 04 09:48 AM
Stolen recumbent recovered Kit Wolf UK 4 February 28th 04 05:26 PM
Parkinson's Survivor Trike Stolen Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway General 0 December 9th 03 06:10 AM
Parkinson's Survivor Trike Stolen Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway Rides 0 December 9th 03 06:10 AM