UK Unicon Ferry advice or flights

Old July 21st 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
annaats

Default UK Unicon Ferry advice or flights

Hi, this isn't exactly relevant but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Any tips on travel insurance for unicon? I'm not going as a competitor
but will still be riding lots, trouble is, I'm guessing unicycling is
classed as 'unusual or hazardous' which many places state that they
don't cover ...

Anyone know anywhere good to get it and if any extras are needed?

Cheers, see you soon!

--
annaats

Anna.
Southampton Unicycle Hockey Club - Sundays at 4!

It will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.
Be who you are and say what you feel, as those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.
Old July 21st 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sarah.miller

If you are CTC member you have 3rd party cover in europe including
unicycling, if NOT competing.
I have travel insurance with world wide travel insurance, which
includes unicycling recreational AND competitive. you will need to
phone them and mention unicycling very specificly rather than use web
for this tho.
tel 0870 112 8100 They cover all sorts of sports, competitive
unicycling seems to be a rate 3 activity. Non competive you may be
able to get down to a rate 2 like mountain biking. Or may be lower.

--
sarah.miller

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
Old July 21st 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
keg

sarah.miller wrote:
If you are CTC member you have 3rd party cover in europe including
unicycling, if NOT competing.
I have travel insurance with world wide travel insurance, which
includes unicycling recreational AND competitive. you will need to
phone them and mention unicycling very specificly rather than use web
for this tho.
tel 0870 112 8100 They cover all sorts of sports, competitive
unicycling seems to be a rate 3 activity. Non competive you may be
able to get down to a rate 2 like mountain biking. Or may be lower.

I arranged 'competitive unicycling' cover for x days, including RTL.
However they were happy for me to ride abroad non-competitively in
other countries without any additional premium.

I suppose the more interesting question, has anyone made a claim
against this policy (even non-unicycle related) did they settle easily?
Currently all I know is they are friendly when setting up policies,
hopefully this will be the same if I'm forced to claim, although I'd
prefer not to find out!

For lobster I also had medical only cover with
http://www.policydirect.co.uk/bcf/bcfquote.htm for 'unicycle racing',
not that I was paranoid about North America medical costs .

Keith

--
keg

UK Unicon Ferry advice or flights rob.northcott Unicycling 12 June 28th 08 09:40 AM
UK Unicon Ferry advice or flights Lucas1wheel Unicycling 13 June 3rd 08 04:59 PM
Ferry + France ok UK 23 April 29th 05 10:49 AM
Carrying Bikes on really Cheap Flights Simonb UK 29 February 1st 05 03:17 PM