XTR Derailleur on Road Bike

Old October 10th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
patnbobatunwireddotcomdotau

Default XTR Derailleur on Road Bike

I've just got hold of a Shimano XTR rear derailleur for my Road Bike.
I'm a bit unhappy yhat the literature doesn't say ther is no adjusting
barrel on these models. Has anyone an idea of how best to provide
cable adjustment?

Bob C
Old October 10th 08, 01:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Oct 9, 10:15*pm, patnbobatunwireddotcomdotau wrote:
I've just got hold of a Shimano XTR rear derailleur for my Road Bike.
I'm a bit unhappy yhat the literature doesn't say ther is no adjusting
barrel on these models. *Has anyone an idea of how best to provide
cable adjustment?

Bob C
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Either an inline barrel adjuster or one of the small ones with a
rubber end that you can stick into the place the RD housing goes.

http://www.nashbar.com/tech/pdf_file...0Adjusters.pdf

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...&category=1613
Old October 11th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
philcycles[_2_]

On Oct 9, 9:15 pm, patnbobatunwireddotcomdotau wrote:
I've just got hold of a Shimano XTR rear derailleur for my Road Bike.
I'm a bit unhappy yhat the literature doesn't say ther is no adjusting
barrel on these models. Has anyone an idea of how best to provide
cable adjustment?

Bob C
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

If you're trying to get it to index my remembrance is that Shimano
road and mountain derailleurs have different cable pulls.
Phil Brown
Old October 11th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pm

On Oct 11, 9:22*am, philcycles wrote:
On Oct 9, 9:15 pm, patnbobatunwireddotcomdotau wrote:

I've just got hold of a Shimano XTR rear derailleur for my Road Bike.
I'm a bit unhappy yhat the literature doesn't say ther is no adjusting
barrel on these models. *Has anyone an idea of how best to provide
cable adjustment?

Bob C
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

If you're trying to get it to index my remembrance is that Shimano
road and mountain derailleurs have different cable pulls.
Phil Brown

The front derailleurs do, but rears are interchangable.

-pm
Old October 12th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Oct 11, 10:22*am, philcycles wrote:
On Oct 9, 9:15 pm, patnbobatunwireddotcomdotau wrote:

I've just got hold of a Shimano XTR rear derailleur for my Road Bike.
I'm a bit unhappy yhat the literature doesn't say ther is no adjusting
barrel on these models. *Has anyone an idea of how best to provide
cable adjustment?

Bob C
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

If you're trying to get it to index my remembrance is that Shimano
road and mountain derailleurs have different cable pulls.
Phil Brown

Fronts do but rears with the exception of 8s DA, do not.