Blame the faulty drivers of dangerous machinery. 4WDs most dangerouson road

Old October 28th 05, 02:49 AM
Graeme Dods

Default crufty public transport was Blame the faulty drivers of dangerousmachinery. 4WDs most dangerouson road

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:26:07 +1000, Toby Ponsenby wrote:

We don't have any real cities in aus.

What do you class as a "real" city?
Old October 28th 05, 02:49 AM
TimC

On 2005-10-28, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
Euan wrote:
Remember it is legal for a bicycle to overtake on the inside. Not
always the most sensible course but it is legal. The driver of the
other vehicle deviated from his course with no indication and no warning
so in this instance it's clearly the driver's fault.

When I get hit and hospitalised, I'm going to have Euan (and I guess
Peter, he's the Qlder expert!) talk with my lawyer

These are all points I brought up with the police. I had to remind
them that it was legal for a bicycle to overtake a vehicle on the
left, as long as the vehicle is not indicating and turning left. He
said he'd get back to me, and he did a few hours later saying yes, I
was right, but they still aren't going to persue the guy. I guess it
was my own damned fault for being on the road on a toy.

I have to remember to ring them tonight to get the driver's details.
I've got a template from the university's legal service to write a
letter of demand.

This is all too much effort to go through when one is meant to be
writing a blasted thesis, dammit.

--
TimC
"This company performed an illegal operation but they will not be shut
Old October 28th 05, 03:26 AM
atec

Tamyka Bell wrote:

atec wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

atec wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

atec wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

Rainbow Warrior wrote:

"Resound" wrote in message

snip

Mind you, I'd still be tempted to suggest that cycling to work and leaving
the 4WD at home until the weekend would be a much better bet. Again, I
have a list of very good reasons to do so for anyone who's at all
interested. Living 20-30km from work is no excuse either...that's how far
most of us commute

You try riding with tools to different job sites across the city everyday?

snip

I was talking to some mates about that one, with respect to jobs where
employees start in a central location each day (have to check in) and
then head out to different places; rather than those who travel to jobs
directly from home, and particularly people who are in the CBD. It would
make so much more sense if the company provided the vehicles and people
caught public transport to the CBD. It would save the company heaps of
money and mean that employees didn't have to get up so damn early to
beat the traffic and could sleep on their way to work. (This is a bit
Brisbane specific, where we have separate road for buses. Woohoo!)

Tam

Lots of Brisbanites travel east west , there is no public transport in
that direction ,

I travel east-west by public transport. It's easy. Unless you meant way
out west... a few hours...

Tam

Try Browns Plains to Richlands at 6 am..not going to happen.
or in my case with 500 kg or tools and another 300kg or materials ..
thats going to be hard on a bus.

Right. So you ignored everything else I wrote. Cool.

Nah , just telling you Brisbane is one of the worst cities for public
transport in the western world I have ever seen , but if you are an
office nonworker then you will be fine .

Yeah, and your taxes pay for me to do this.
Ain't life grand?

what are taxes ?
Old October 28th 05, 03:36 AM
Peka

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
If you go up in the air and aren't unconsious, you've got a good chance
of preparing yourself so you don't fall too badly. I've fallen from a
trapeze and ended up with a bruised, stiff back for 2 weeks and no
concussion or breaksThat's a pretty dangerous assumption to be making. I know how to fall

from many years of martial arts training (not to mention all the stupid
things I did as a kid), but the times I've come off my motorbike there
was absolutely nothing I could do to influence how I fell. If you are
on a trapeze, there is some expectation that you may fall, so you are
somewhat prepared. If you are in the air all of a sudden, without
having been prepared for it, by the time you think about how you want
to land you've already hit the ground.

--
Peka

Old October 28th 05, 03:38 AM
Peka

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
Perhaps UK drivers are just crap at
braking?It may have more to do with the crap driving conditions in the UK

--
Peka

Old October 28th 05, 03:46 AM
Theo Bekkers

atec wrote:

what are taxes ?

It's that ATO mob. I send them $40K each month on our BAS so you don't have
to.

Theo

Old October 28th 05, 03:58 AM
Peka

TimC Wrote:
These are all points I brought up with the police. I had to remind them
that it was legal for a bicycle to overtake a vehicle on the
left, as long as the vehicle is not indicating and turning left. He
said he'd get back to me, and he did a few hours later saying yes, I
was right, but they still aren't going to persue the guy. I guess it
was my own damned fault for being on the road on a toyPersue the guy to charge him, or persue him for damages?

If you're not happy with the response from the police, keep going up
the chain until you get a result. You are paying their wages after all.

--
Peka

Old October 28th 05, 04:05 AM
dave

Peka wrote:
TimC Wrote:

These are all points I brought up with the police. I had to remind them
that it was legal for a bicycle to overtake a vehicle on the
left, as long as the vehicle is not indicating and turning left. He
said he'd get back to me, and he did a few hours later saying yes, I
was right, but they still aren't going to persue the guy. I guess it
was my own damned fault for being on the road on a toyPersue the guy to charge him, or persue him for damages?

If you're not happy with the response from the police, keep going up
the chain until you get a result. You are paying their wages after all.

Yeah Tim. I would try it again. Maybe another cop shop? Isnt Russel
Lindsey around? I know he is not on the job any more but he will know
people who are.

Failing that maybe ring the PR people at Vic Pol and ask?

Anyway what is the current state of play?
Old October 28th 05, 05:53 AM
Tamyka Bell

On 2005-10-28, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
Euan wrote:
[...]

It's grounds for an extension

Tam
Old October 28th 05, 05:58 AM
TimC

On 2005-10-28, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
TimC wrote:
I have to remember to ring them tonight to get the driver's details.
I've got a template from the university's legal service to write a
letter of demand.

This is all too much effort to go through when one is meant to be
writing a blasted thesis, dammit.

It's grounds for an extension

An extension's not a problem -- I have to have submitted by Decemeber
2007 (or is it 2008?) before I have to start paying HECS

It's the lack of money.

GET A REAL JOB!