Is the Giant "Revive" considered a recumbent?

Old September 4th 04, 12:07 AM
skip

"Bob Weissman" wrote in message
. verio.net...
Just curious. My wife says she'd never ride a recumbent, but she loves
her new Revive.

:-)

I don't consider it a recumbent. Some folks call them semi-recumbents.
What does Giant call them?

I glad to hear you wife loves it and is riding it. That's what's important.

skip

Old September 4th 04, 12:11 AM
skip

"skip" wrote in message

"Bob Weissman" wrote in message
. verio.net...
Just curious. My wife says she'd never ride a recumbent, but she loves
her new Revive.

:-)

I don't consider it a recumbent. Some folks call them semi-recumbents.
What does Giant call them?

I glad to hear you wife loves it and is riding it. That's what's
important.

P.S. Bob, you obviously you don't want to tell her it is a recumbent. Tell
her it's a new wave comfort bike.

Old September 4th 04, 03:49 AM
Bob Weissman

Default Is the Giant "Revive" considered a recumbent?

Old September 4th 04, 05:04 AM
FloridaBent

(Bob Weissman)
sez:
Just curious. My wife says she'd never ride a recumbent, but she loves
her new Revive.

:-)

Saw my first Revive last Saturday night at the Moonlight Ramble in St. Louis. I
wouldn't call it a recumbent. Just one opinion.

Bill, riding bent in Florida
(hence the screen name)

I may be old and fat, but by golly,

I'm Slow!

To e-mail, remove undies
Old September 5th 04, 08:00 AM
Bob Weissman

In article ,
skip wrote:

"skip" wrote in message

"Bob Weissman" wrote in message
. verio.net...
Just curious. My wife says she'd never ride a recumbent, but she loves
her new Revive.

:-)

I don't consider it a recumbent. Some folks call them semi-recumbents.
What does Giant call them?

I glad to hear you wife loves it and is riding it. That's what's
important.

P.S. Bob, you obviously you don't want to tell her it is a recumbent. Tell
her it's a new wave comfort bike.

Yep. That's what she thinks it already is!

- Bob

Old September 5th 04, 08:02 AM
Bob Weissman

In article ,
FloridaBent wrote:
(Bob Weissman)

sez:
Just curious. My wife says she'd never ride a recumbent, but she loves
her new Revive.

:-)

Saw my first Revive last Saturday night at the Moonlight Ramble in St. Louis. I
wouldn't call it a recumbent. Just one opinion.

Personally, I agree. Just what I *would* call it, I'm not sure.

I may be old and fat, but by golly,
I'm Slow!

Hey, me too!

- Bob
Old September 5th 04, 11:48 AM
Arne

Different strokes.... I tried a Revive and found it uncomfortable compared
to either of my recumbents. Just seemed like a funny riding position. But, I
agree, if she likes it and it gets her riding, that is all that counts.
..
Arne, USA
..
..

Old September 6th 04, 10:23 AM
Dave Larrington

Bob Weissman wrote:

Is the Giant "Revive" considered a recumbent?

Not by Giant... "It’s not a recumbent! Don’t call it that," demanded Giant’
s Russ Okawa, only somewhat in jest, referring to Giant’s new EZB Revive. -
BRIN, 1st October 2002

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old September 7th 04, 03:13 AM
LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m

I've seen the Revive in the LBS, but I haven't got 'round to riding one
yet. I suppose I would call it "semi-recumbent".

I may be old and fat, but by golly,
I'm Slow!

Hey, me too!

My best friend's son has a little chant with which he likes to torment
us: "old... fat... slow..."

To which I always respond: "big... strong... mean..."