Help Sigma 600

Old May 28th 06, 08:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Help Sigma 600

I'm 1200 miles from home for the summer, and forgot to bring the
instructions for my Sigma 600 bicycle computer.
I had to change the battery and now I don't have the 4 digit wheel size
number.
Anyone know the number for a 27x23 road bike?
Thanks cause I'm screwed without the wheel chart.
...jerry

Old May 28th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On 2006-05-28, Alibi10 Jerry wrote:

I'm 1200 miles from home for the summer, and forgot to bring the
instructions for my Sigma 600 bicycle computer.
I had to change the battery and now I don't have the 4 digit wheel size
number.
Anyone know the number for a 27x23 road bike?
Thanks cause I'm screwed without the wheel chart.
...jerry

If you mean 700x23, try 1325.
Old May 28th 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

This page appears to have what you need:-

http://www.branfordbike.com/computer/comp13.html

Lewis.

*****

Old May 28th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

The Sigma booklet says 2133 (mm) but it's far more accurate to sit on
the bike and measure out what the actual distance is the wheel goes
with your particular tires and weight.

Old May 28th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Help Sigma 600Thanks!

Thanks guys, got it going.
....jerry

Old May 31st 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

I would second the rollout method as the best way to get a more
accurate odometer reading on a bike computer. The Sigma units don't do
any built in unit conversion for mile based readouts. If you want
metric then just enter the circumference in mm. For miles, divide the
circumference in mm by 1.61 (i.e. # km/mi) to adjust the scale.