Children put cycling over football

Old September 4th 04, 05:21 AM
Sierraman

Default Children put cycling over football

Children put cycling over football

http://tinyurl.com/4u29n

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/art...clingp?source=

B-

Old September 4th 04, 05:56 AM
Sonarrat

in article , Sierraman at
wrote on 9/3/04 9:21 PM:

Children put cycling over football

http://tinyurl.com/4u29n

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/art...2cyclingp?sour
ce=

I guess nobody told them about David Millar - and all the better...

-Sonarrat.

Old September 4th 04, 06:33 AM
Sierraman

"Sonarrat" wrote in message
in article , Sierraman at

wrote on 9/3/04 9:21 PM:

Children put cycling over football

http://tinyurl.com/4u29n

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/art...2cyclingp?sour
ce=

I guess nobody told them about David Millar - and all the better...

-Sonarrat.

They're looking at Hoy, not Millar.

Old September 4th 04, 01:09 PM
Davide Tosi

"Sierraman" wrote:

"Sonarrat" wrote in message
in article , Sierraman at

wrote on 9/3/04 9:21 PM:

Children put cycling over football

http://tinyurl.com/4u29n

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/art...2cyclingp?sour
ce=

I guess nobody told them about David Millar - and all the better...

-Sonarrat.

They're looking at Hoy, not Millar.

Hoy??????
But he's to cycling what a weightlifter is to athletics.
I mean, I like track as anyone and I think track it is as good a form of
cycling as road or mtb is, but only the real track cycling, ie the 6 days
stuff, pursuit, madisons, stayers and all the forms of point races one can
think about.
But those track sprinters are people that in fact do most part of their
training in a gym. Theirs is an almost completely anaerobic effort, while
real cycling - any race over 2 Kms in lenght - is an eminently aerobic
sport.

If those albionic kids have Hoy as their hero they won't end up cycling all
day, but press squatting a few 100 kgs instead.

Old September 4th 04, 06:06 PM
Sierraman

"Davide Tosi" wrote in message
"Sierraman" wrote:

"Sonarrat" wrote in message
in article , Sierraman at

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/art...at02cyclingp?s

[...]

They are children, looking at Hoy in a general sense. They don't dissect the
sport into segments like the elite at that age usually, except for a few
maybe but are looking at Hoy's gold and that has rallied them to the cause.
It's a good thing if Hoy has inspired kids to take up cycling in any form.

Old September 5th 04, 01:01 PM
smiles

"Sierraman" wrote in message
Children put cycling over football

http://tinyurl.com/4u29n

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/art...clingp?source=

The article is not about "real" football ... but soccer, so the results are
understandable;-)

http://boardnbike.com