Several Jobst Juniors

Old September 12th 17, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Several Jobst Juniors

On 9/2/2017 2:02 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Tom is over 70. He is on Medicare. Because he is paying a "premium" to participate in an HMO/PPO, he is undoubtedly on a Medicare Advantage Plan. Those plans are just different ways of allocating dollars from the Medicare Hospital Trust. Capitated payments are made to HMO/PPOs like Kaiser based on average costs for standard Medicare benefits paid to recipients in particular areas -- the capitation payment or "benchmark" is determined on a county-by-county basis, AFAIK. So, its kind of gambling. CMS pays an HMO/PPO $800-900 month and the HMO/PPO takes the upside and downside.

The actuaries at HMO/PPOs are well aware of the probabilities. There's
very little downside, especially to an HMO that owns its own hospitals
and whose doctors are salaried.

There was a fear that the Medicare Advantage Plans would all disappear a
few years ago, but they are still very profitable to the issuers.

I'm happy to contribute to Tom's, and other seniors' medical insurance
costs. But he should not pretend that those that are still working are
somehow not paying for his insurance, we definitely are.
Old September 12th 17, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 2:45:34 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 9/2/2017 2:02 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Tom is over 70. He is on Medicare. Because he is paying a "premium" to participate in an HMO/PPO, he is undoubtedly on a Medicare Advantage Plan. Those plans are just different ways of allocating dollars from the Medicare Hospital Trust. Capitated payments are made to HMO/PPOs like Kaiser based on average costs for standard Medicare benefits paid to recipients in particular areas -- the capitation payment or "benchmark" is determined on a county-by-county basis, AFAIK. So, its kind of gambling. CMS pays an HMO/PPO $800-900 month and the HMO/PPO takes the upside and downside.

Jay doesn't have the slightest problem contradicting the insurance company I belong to. That's because he is so knowledgeable in health insurance as a failed businessman.

The actuaries at HMO/PPOs are well aware of the probabilities. There's
very little downside, especially to an HMO that owns its own hospitals
and whose doctors are salaried.

There was a fear that the Medicare Advantage Plans would all disappear a
few years ago, but they are still very profitable to the issuers.

I'm happy to contribute to Tom's, and other seniors' medical insurance
costs. But he should not pretend that those that are still working are
somehow not paying for his insurance, we definitely are.

Now that was not the issue was it? All of the member pay insurance premiums and since only some use the services the others are helping to pay for those issues.

The question is - why are you attempting to misrepresent it?
Old September 13th 17, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 3:41:14 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Tom, is your premium deducted from your Social Security check? Is your premium under $700 a month? If so, you have an Advantage plan -- unless you have a Medi-Gap plan, but that would just pick up your out of pocket expenses for deductibles and co-pays. If you are on what looks like ordinary insurance for under $700 a month, then its an Advantage plan.

I am knowledgeable in insurance. That's what I do for a living -- although not health insurance. I know Medicare because my wife is disabled. I read the policies and pay attention. The difference with an Advantage plan is that the lion's share of the "premium" or capitation payment is subsidized by the SSA Hospital Trust which is funded by current wage earners -- who receive no benefit, unlike members in the same group health plan. It's socialized insurance. Highly communistic and pinko. You'll need to go down to Our Lady of Perpetual Conservatism and do fifty hail Ayn Rands. "Forgive me Ayn, for I have not been heroic and have stolen the wealth of other, darker-skinned people to support myself. Forgive my welfare sins as you forgave yourself when cashing your Social Security checks. Amen."

-- Jay Beattie.

Old September 13th 17, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 5:35:13 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Jay - Stop giving me your crap. This is NOT be deducted from my social security check. The premium is none of your business. And you can believe me that if we run across each other you'll spend the rest of your short life running. I don't like Marxists and I will make sure that there is one less able to operate in this world. I fought for my country and my flag and you seem to believe that means nothing. Well it will mean a whole lot too you before long.

Old September 13th 17, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

[...]

Gee, I'm just trying to look out for you, Tom. Why are you so mean to me. I cried a little. If you're paying a full premium, you're getting fleeced. You're Medicare eligible and should be on an Advantage plan -- or Medicare A, B and D with a medi-gap policy, maybe. BTW, something is being deducted from your SS check for medical insurance, even if it is only Part B standard Medicare coverage. But if you are paying a large premium for medical insurance, you're being cheated. Call 911!

As far as being Marxists, let's compare tax payments versus benefits received. I'm receiving nothing from the government except for the usual infrastructure enjoyed by all citizens. I'm paying a staggering amount of taxes. I received my first pay-check with SS/FICA deductions when I was 15 and have been working continuously every since -- except I took my first semester off during law school. I have 178 quarters of SS earnings -- you need 40 to qualify for SS/Medicare. I'm a total cash-cow for the US of A, not including the payments made by my employees. Ka-ching! We're keeping you and Social Security/Medicare afloat. Thank us all profusely.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old September 13th 17, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 9/13/2017 10:19 AM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

As far as being Marxists, let's compare tax payments versus benefits received. I'm receiving nothing from the government except for the usual infrastructure enjoyed by all citizens. I'm paying a staggering amount of taxes. I received my first pay-check with SS/FICA deductions when I was 15 and have been working continuously every since -- except I took my first semester off during law school. I have 178 quarters of SS earnings -- you need 40 to qualify for SS/Medicare. I'm a total cash-cow for the US of A, not including the payments made by my employees. Ka-ching! We're keeping you and Social Security/Medicare afloat. Thank us all profusely.

Enough already Jay! Take Mark Twain's advice to heart: "never argue with
an idiot, onlookers wont be able to tell the difference."

Ribble Valley Juniors Ekul Namsob UK 18 August 28th 08 09:51 PM
Problems with Juniors Warren Racing 1 February 11th 05 06:36 PM
USCF Juniors 1995 * where are they now? crit pro Racing 4 August 11th 04 09:43 PM