This must be lies...

Old September 13th 17, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default This must be lies...

...according to the moronists here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fi...ld-cycle-work/

Old September 13th 17, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 11:43:13 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
..according to the moronists here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fi...ld-cycle-work/

Point 4 is a lie, cyclists subsidise moronists.

Old September 14th 17, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 13/09/17 23:48, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 11:43:13 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
..according to the moronists here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fi...ld-cycle-work/

Point 4 is a lie, cyclists subsidise moronists.

Though to be fair, the three modes aren't always interchangeable.

My last place of work was 18 miles each way. Car took 40 minutes, I took
75 minutes on the bike; and train, which did not go door to door so
involved bike and walk, took 60. I enjoyed the variety. Just a shame the
difference between train single and return was only 20p, so it wasn't
worthwhile training out and biking home.
Old September 14th 17, 12:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 12:17:30 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 13/09/17 23:48, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 11:43:13 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
..according to the moronists here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fi...ld-cycle-work/

Point 4 is a lie, cyclists subsidise moronists.

Though to be fair, the three modes aren't always interchangeable.

My last place of work was 18 miles each way. Car took 40 minutes, I took
75 minutes on the bike; and train, which did not go door to door so
involved bike and walk, took 60. I enjoyed the variety. Just a shame the
difference between train single and return was only 20p, so it wasn't
worthwhile training out and biking home.

Doesn't change the fact that motoring taxes only pay for 60% of the motorway maintenance budget.
The general tax payers have to cover the rest and cyclists are mainly high rate payers.
Old September 14th 17, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 14/09/2017 00:49, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

The old ones are the best.

More lies! colwyn[_2_] UK 4 July 4th 16 10:36 AM
HOW LETHAL IS CYCLING, PART 2: Lies, damned lies, and Krygo"Facts" Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 23 April 12th 10 02:37 AM
more lies from Velonews MagillaGorilla[_2_] Racing 1 November 24th 09 08:58 AM
more helmet lies Ian Smith UK 8 September 5th 05 10:38 AM
The John and Chris Show, LIES, LIES, LIES Johnny NoCom Recumbent Biking 3 December 3rd 04 07:13 AM