New Unicycle types!

Old October 12th 03, 01:20 PM
Free_Bear

Default New Unicycle types!

uni57 wrote:
*(please do not point out that this does not make sense...)*

this does not make any sense at all and you would be standing on the hub
rather than pedaling it

*(please do not point out that i just did exacly what you told me not to
do...)*

--
Free_Bear - The bear just broke free!

How about that...
Free_Bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4454

Old October 15th 03, 12:59 AM
J.D. Miller

I am a fan of the Diet Coker.
JD
Where there is a wheel, there is a way.
Old October 15th 03, 01:08 PM
treepotato

good ideas! made me laugh (i needed it i've just had french and i have
maths next)

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

Old October 15th 03, 01:55 PM
GILD

-Originally posted by hell-on-wheel in response to xwonka's moment of
comedic brilliance-
*I'm still laughing! Thanks, it's been a rough day. *

amen!

(the same colleague who suggested the jump from truck to truck came up
with another suggestion today
it fits better in here so i thought i'd add it)

a unicycle with a completely square wheel
long cranks should give u the leverage to get it over the four
'dead-spots' in every revolution
your still-stands will have to be pretty good but this could be fun as a
'novelty item'

any thoughts?

(apart from the obvious.
the obvious?
yes, suggesting a triangular one that will have one bump less.)

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more
hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have
ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
-- C. P. Snow
'this will only take a minute...(fixed)'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm)
'and while u're in a good-deed-doing-mood...'
(http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com.)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

Old October 15th 03, 06:40 PM
johnfoss

Fun cycle ideas!XWonka wrote:
*The Extremely Impossible wheel:*

We usually refer to this as ultimate wheel walking. Doesn't matter if
it's an ultimate or a B.C., it's a new trick but doesn't require a new
unicycle.
*The Stair Master:*

Jack Halpern made first a two-wheeler with only half a wheel on top,
then later rebuilt it as just a half wheel. Definitely for screwing
around only; and not on a floor you care about! Picture below.
*The Bombproof:*

Basically this could be an old Schwinn with a Profile crankset.

Now that you can get a good hub like the Profile, a bombproof unicycle
is easy to make. The hard part is to make one that somebody wants to
ride. I'll stick to a compromise between bombproof and liftable.
*The Seuss-Cycle:*

Peter Rosendahl (first Freestyle world champion) has a zig-zag giraffe
that bends to the side instead of to the front or back. Far from a true
Seuss-cycle, it's a step in that direction.
*The “Bi”-Cycle:*

Nah, I don't see any future in that design. Where's the challenge?

Gild mentioned a square wheel. This has been done before. I've seen one
on a poster for an early performer from about 100 years ago. You could
think of it as a MUni for people who live in flat, paved places...

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"In three months or so, he won't be doing that any more." -- Kris Holm's
cousin Derek, 13, on Kris' unicycling now that he's married

Old October 15th 03, 06:41 PM
johnfoss

Here's the picture of Jack Halpern on his "150" in 1982.

| Attachment filename: jack150.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/167459|

Old October 15th 03, 08:54 PM
jason

John,
As usual your a treasure box of unicycle history. Thanks!

Cheers,
Jason

---
One month down five more to go. Yep. I'm starting to jones for a MUni
ride as I watch my quads disappear into the ether. But who's
counting...

--
jason - Just some guy
jason's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1014

WTB: Used Unicycle (26" or 24")... Carl Barrentine Unicycling 14 October 11th 03 10:46 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM
Grouch Marx on a unicycle John Hooten Unicycling 3 October 2nd 03 05:27 PM
I Must Have The Best All Purpose Unicycle XWonka Unicycling 16 July 28th 03 03:42 AM