Sapim Spokes - any experience?

Old January 20th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Sapim Spokes - any experience?

Im just curious if anyone has any experience with Sapim spokes.

Im getting a new wheel built and my wheel builder recommended these
spokes over DT spokes. He stressed that these things WILL NOT BREAK and
will keep my wheel trueer longer. At $1.80/spoke they are alot more
expensive than the DT's ($1.00/spoke). Unless someone speaks up against
them, im gonna do it and hope they give me a while longer before my
next wheel build compared to if i had gone with DT.

Please let me know if youve got any reviews!

--
mango

*Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old January 20th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

The choice of spokes is one of the least important aspects of
wheelbuilding (other than getting quality spokes in the first place); I
wouldn't spend extra money on them. The strength of your wheel will
come from the build, not the spokes.

--
tholub

Old January 20th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

a good wheel builder is much more important than the parts used. those
fancy spokes might be slightly stronger, but that'll mean nothing
unless this guy is a super good builder to start with. DT spokes should
be fine.

--
markf

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old January 20th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

What kind of spoke, straight gauge, double/triple butted, Ti? Does that
include building the wheel or is there an extra charge? Ditto on what
tholub said....

--
Dirtsurfer

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Gandalf the gray
Dirtsurfer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2352

Old January 20th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Municycle.com uses Sapim spokes on two of the wheelsets they offer. I
purchased their "Profi Hockey" wheelset and it's been working fine.

--
dinmamma
dinmamma's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9995

Old January 20th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Sapin spokes are fantastic. There are different specifications of sapin
spokes some are better than DT's other not. They are both good and
from my experience cost is similar for similar specification.

As for over-all strength of the wheel including duability. Get decent
spokes, it does make a difference.

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom

Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

Sapim Fatigue Test: converting Revs. to Miles daveornee Techniques 36 June 10th 05 06:12 PM
FS: BEST OFFER FOR: VELOCITY RIMS, EDCO RACER HUB, SAPIM CX-RAY SPOKES Brazen Cycleworks Marketplace 2 January 23rd 05 09:01 AM
Breaking Spokes Roger Zoul Techniques 90 July 13th 04 06:59 PM
Wheel Rebuilding TheObieOne3226 Unicycling 16 January 1st 04 10:55 AM