CAD Drawing for Bicycle Parts?

Old April 13th 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ramer W. Streed

Default CAD Drawing for Bicycle Parts?

Where can I find 3D CAD drawings for Bicycle parts? I am making a
Tadpole Recumbent Tricycle and want to draw it up in 3D CAD. I have
AutoCAD Inventor at work and can import almost any 3D file.

I am looking for wheels, rims especially the Sun Rhyno Lite rims in both
20" (406) and 26" with Schoabe Big Apple tires, pedels, and bottom
brackets. For the Sun Rhyno Lite it would help if I could get an
accurate crossection drawing, it is easy to rovolve to the complete rim.

My first request is for rear internally geared hubs. I could use both
Sturmy-Archer AW and Shimano 3 speed interally geared hub drawing. They
do not have to be internally correct, just have the chain line and over
the hub dimensions correct.

Any Help is appreciated.

Ramer
Old April 13th 10, 05:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:24:14 -0500, "Ramer W. Streed"
wrote:

Where can I find 3D CAD drawings for Bicycle parts?

Type of file and CAD program?
Amazing what one can find with Google:

http://www.ihpva.org/Projects/CADLibrary/index.htm

http://www.bikeforest.com/CAD/
http://www.sharewarejunction.com/info7909.htm

http://www.cadforum.cz/catalog_en/?q=bicycle

http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/browse.aspx?category=16
Also, type in "bicycle" into the search box for more.

etc...
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old April 17th 10, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ramer W. Streed

wrote:

Where can I find 3D CAD drawings for Bicycle parts?

Type of file and CAD program?
Amazing what one can find with Google:

http://www.ihpva.org/Projects/CADLibrary/index.htm

http://www.bikeforest.com/CAD/
http://www.sharewarejunction.com/info7909.htm

http://www.cadforum.cz/catalog_en/?q=bicycle

http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/browse.aspx?category=16
Also, type in "bicycle" into the search box for more.

etc...

I use Autodesk Inventor but can import most 3d versions.

I need 20 and 26 inch Sun Rhyno Lite rinm.

20 mm throu axle disk brake hubs.

Shimano and Sturmy Archer 3 speed internally gearde hubs.

Thasks. Whi i have found onlin is very week, bustly 2d drawings, but I
will try your suggestions.

Ramer
Old April 17th 10, 08:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Ramer W. Streed wrote:

Where can I find 3D CAD drawings for Bicycle parts? *I am making a
Tadpole Recumbent Tricycle and want to draw it up in 3D CAD.

You know, for all the time it would take for you to make CAD models
detailed down to the cross-sections of the rims, you could instead
have a lot of progress actually making the thing.

When I make CAD models of bikes and trikes, I just use toroids as
place holders for the tires, plus simple shapes that stand in for the
hubs. Since I'm not manufacturing those parts, the only reasons they
need to be in the model are to establish geometrical reference points
and to check for interferences.

If you feel you need much more detail than that, I think you should
ask yourself whether you are making a trike, or rather a CAD model of
a trike.

Chalo
Old April 17th 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 21:34:20 -0500, "Ramer W. Streed"
wrote:

I need 20 and 26 inch Sun Rhyno Lite rinm.

20 mm throu axle disk brake hubs.

Shimano and Sturmy Archer 3 speed internally gearde hubs.

Thasks. Whi i have found onlin is very week, bustly 2d drawings, but I
will try your suggestions.

It's not likely that manufacturers will post dimensionally accurate
drawings of their products. That's an easy invitation to have the
part cloned by a compeditor. What you'll probably find are reverse
engineered drawings done by various builders. The few that I've found
rarely reflect exact model numbers and seem to be listed as a generic
component. Unless you're using ACAD Inventor to test for fit,
overlap, clearances, and tolerances (all unlikely), these generic
models can probably be scaled, stretched, and used. There's also no
need to show every tooth in the crank and freewheel, when a simple
circle showing the gear pitch or outside diameter will probably
suffice. While not as artisitic looking, and unsuitable for
promotional literature, simple drawing shapes are much easier and
faster to work with. Good luck.
Old April 28th 10, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ramer W. Streed

Chalo wrote:
Ramer W. Streed wrote:

Where can I find 3D CAD drawings for Bicycle parts? I am making a
Tadpole Recumbent Tricycle and want to draw it up in 3D CAD.

You know, for all the time it would take for you to make CAD models
detailed down to the cross-sections of the rims, you could instead
have a lot of progress actually making the thing.

When I make CAD models of bikes and trikes, I just use toroids as
place holders for the tires, plus simple shapes that stand in for the
hubs. Since I'm not manufacturing those parts, the only reasons they
need to be in the model are to establish geometrical reference points
and to check for interferences.

If you feel you need much more detail than that, I think you should
ask yourself whether you are making a trike, or rather a CAD model of
a trike.

Chalo

I need a little more accuricy to get the chain line between the rear hub
and an intermeediate 3 speed hub that is used as an over/under drive. I
dont need the internal, the part could be shrink wraped.

Ramer
Old February 17th 14, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Hi Ramer W. Streed
What happened finally?
could you access bicycle parts freely?
In fact i need bicycle rear hub specially it's mechanism.
would you please help me?
Old February 17th 14, 08:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/17/2014 12:45 PM, wrote:

Hi Ramer W. Streed
What happened finally?
could you access bicycle parts freely?
In fact i need bicycle rear hub specially it's mechanism.
would you please help me?

sure

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/images/...e450fa_o-1.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 18th 14, 04:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, February 17, 2014 3:03:50 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/17/2014 12:45 PM, wrote:

Hi Ramer W. Streed

What happened finally?

could you access bicycle parts freely?

In fact i need bicycle rear hub specially it's mechanism.

would you please help me?

sure

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/images/...e450fa_o-1.jpg

--

Andrew Muzi

www.yellowjersey.org/

Open every day since 1 April, 1971

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

when I was uh 6, I had information overload nightmares from my neurons increasing connectivity. I sleep walked to the front door trying escapes into the expanded outside free world. Haunted house syndrome.

https://www.google.com/search?q=expl...r+hub&tbm=isch