Where to find Mavic CXP 30 eyelet?

Old February 15th 14, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Gordon

Default Where to find Mavic CXP 30 eyelet?

I bought a beautiful 28 hole CXP tubular rim. The guy said all the eyelets were there but...

When I got the rim, they were all loose inside the rim and when I fished them all out there were only 27 of them. Alas, 27 eyelets in a 28 hole rim renders it useless unless I can find another eyelet or something that can pass for one.

Any ideas what I can do?

Anyone have an extra eyelet or know where I can get one?

Other ideas about what I might use?

Thanks for any help.

Mark Gordon
Old February 15th 14, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 12:00:06 PM UTC-5, Mark Gordon wrote:
I bought a beautiful 28 hole CXP tubular rim. The guy said all the eyelets were there but...

When I got the rim, they were all loose inside the rim and when I fished them all out there were only 27 of them. Alas, 27 eyelets in a 28 hole rim renders it useless unless I can find another eyelet or something that can pass for one.

Any ideas what I can do?

Anyone have an extra eyelet or know where I can get one?

Other ideas about what I might use?

Thanks for any help.

Mark Gordon

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/nationa...d-earth/ndQBb/

look in McMaster Carr,....fit a washer and file...try a pop rivet (M-C)...ask the LBS for junk rims with eyelet...HD has aluminum soldering rod...and M-C
Old February 15th 14, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/15/2014 11:00 AM, Mark Gordon wrote:
I bought a beautiful 28 hole CXP tubular rim. The guy said all the eyelets were there but...

When I got the rim, they were all loose inside the rim and when I fished them all out there were only 27 of them. Alas, 27 eyelets in a 28 hole rim renders it useless unless I can find another eyelet or something that can pass for one.

Any ideas what I can do?

Anyone have an extra eyelet or know where I can get one?

Other ideas about what I might use?

Thanks for any help.

Mark Gordon

Maybe look for a used wheel with that rim and take one out
of it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 15th 14, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 9:00:06 AM UTC-8, Mark Gordon wrote:
I bought a beautiful 28 hole CXP tubular rim. The guy said all the eyelets were there but...

When I got the rim, they were all loose inside the rim and when I fished them all out there were only 27 of them. Alas, 27 eyelets in a 28 hole rim renders it useless unless I can find another eyelet or something that can pass for one.

Any ideas what I can do?

Anyone have an extra eyelet or know where I can get one?

Other ideas about what I might use?

Thanks for any help.

Mark Gordon

You might want to contact someone who builds and/or repairs a lot of wheels, like Peter White http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/wheels.asp

or Andrew Muzzi (Yellow Jersey) yellowjersey.org

or Peter Chisholm http://www.vecchios.com/ Peter built a lot of Mavic wheels.

Locally, we have http://www.sugarwheelworks.com/

You can see if they have any of the inserts lying around. And of course, you can try the local Mavic rep or company. Otherwise, these are non-standard parts; there is no OEM or aftermarket supply that I know of, and many others have had the same problem as you. That's the problem with selling a rim with required inserts that just fall out.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old February 15th 14, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

so there's an EBAY ad for inserts ?

http://goo.gl/mIYcht
Old February 16th 14, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:49:08 PM UTC-5, wrote:
so there's an EBAY ad for inserts ?

http://goo.gl/mIYcht

fffffffffffffffff

http://www.mcmaster.com/#ferrule-terminals/=qpnfg2

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/whe...et-108997.html

Old February 16th 14, 03:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:15:15 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:49:08 PM UTC-5, wrote:

so there's an EBAY ad for inserts ?

http://goo.gl/mIYcht

fffffffffffffffff

http://www.mcmaster.com/#ferrule-terminals/=qpnfg2

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/whe...et-108997.html

wwwwwwwwwwwwww

http://www.mcmaster.com/#aluminum-bl...ashers/=qpninf
Old February 16th 14, 12:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

COAT WITH LINSEED

http://www.mcmaster.com/#stainless-s...ashers/=qpupiy

Old February 16th 14, 02:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 7:40:29 AM UTC-5, wrote:
COAT WITH LINSEED

http://www.mcmaster.com/#stainless-s...ashers/=qpupiy

NNNNNNNNNNNN

http://www.mcmaster.com/#steel-bolt-type-rivets/=qpvuhl
Old February 16th 14, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:08:49 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, February 16, 2014 7:40:29 AM UTC-5, wrote:

COAT WITH LINSEED

http://www.mcmaster.com/#stainless-s...ashers/=qpupiy

NNNNNNNNNNNN

http://www.mcmaster.com/#steel-bolt-type-rivets/=qpvuhl