CHINA bike

Old August 13th 17, 08:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default CHINA bike

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ors_picks=true
Old August 13th 17, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 00:12:12 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ors_picks=true

Reminds me of the 1940 Micky Mouse version of the Disney movie, "The
Sorcerer's Apprentice". Replace the brooms with bicycles, and you
have the situation in the article.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DX2yVucz24 (9:41)

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old August 14th 17, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

world economic 'strategy' applied to traffic congestions ...

throw money at it !

I can see the meeting where everyone smiled then guffawed....do Chinese guffaw ?

the 10% ... a pet rock or ? will the Chinese get showers ? walk threws ....

'YO WONG LETS GO MOVE MOVE INTO THE AIR BLOWER .....

Old August 14th 17, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 08:59:07 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 00:12:12 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ors_picks=true

Reminds me of the 1940 Micky Mouse version of the Disney movie, "The
Sorcerer's Apprentice". Replace the brooms with bicycles, and you
have the situation in the article.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DX2yVucz24 (9:41)

The "MOBIKE's" shown in the article you cite are a Chinese bicycle
sharing (actually rental) scheme which seems to operate in the larger
Chinese cities, and have, as of this year, expanded to Singapore,
Manchester, Florence, Milan, and it will start in London in September.

I don't find any reference to numbers of bikes but the company
recently raised some $600 million which raised their total funding to
US$ 1 billion.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old August 14th 17, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

OR

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/13/n...ef=todayspaper

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conges..._New_York_City

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/14/ny...-the-city.html
Old August 14th 17, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

wrote:

[...]

Apparently two competing dockless bike share companies are operating in
Seattle.

https://arstechnica.com/information-...ory-alleyways/

Or https://tinyurl.com/y9nrswcc

The above article hyperventilates a bit about the legally require
h*lm*ts not being provided; I'm not sure why dockless bike sharing is
different from docking in that respect.

Triumph of the e-bike in China Squashme UK 39 November 10th 10 01:59 AM
Before & after bike ghettos (China or Amsterdam) Jym Dyer Techniques 0 November 1st 10 05:58 AM
Bike China Elizazhan General 0 September 29th 07 02:09 AM
Bike China Elizazhan Social Issues 0 September 29th 07 02:08 AM
Bike China Elizazhan General 0 September 29th 07 02:08 AM