Sir Bradley Wiggins has changed his mind on compulsory cycle helmets

Old February 9th 16, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Sir Bradley Wiggins has changed his mind on compulsory cycle helmets

QUOTE:

"Whether it's winning the Tour de France or world and Olympic time trial gold, or breaking the UCI Hour Record, in recent years if you've seen Sir Bradley Wiggins on a bike it's almost certainly been a Pinarello.

And he'll have been wearing a helmet too - as the UCI rules require - but he has said in the past that he believes all bike riders should have to wear one.

Today the man who is the biggest star in British cycling has been snapped riding a Boris Bike in London, shown in this tweet from the capital's Santander Cycles bike-sharing scheme - and what's more, without a helmet.

One of Wiggins' predecessors as a world and Olympic champion as well as a wearer of the yellow jersey at the Tour de France, Chris Boardman, told road..cc last year that cycle helmets are "not even in the top 10 of things you need to do to keep cycling safe or more widely, save the most lives."

We wonder if that's a view Wiggins now shares?"

http://road.cc/content/news/178332-h...-cycle-helmets
Old February 10th 16, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Tuesday, 9 February 2016 18:46:51 UTC, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:

finkcreative wrote:

I got pulled off by an angry driver and took a knock to my helmet.

The tip of my helmet & base of my bag were badly scuffed but luckily for the main part was OK.

Always wear a helmet kids!

laugh Hahahaha - an encounter with an aroused cabbie?

- See more at: http://road.cc/content/news/178332-h...omment-1211646
Old February 10th 16, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Helmets in Holland.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CandwjwW0AEs8xm.jpg

Old February 10th 16, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 10/02/2016 12:20, Alycidon wrote:

Helmets in Holland.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CandwjwW0AEs8xm.jpg

What a disrespectful way to describe those people, who, it can
reasonably be assumed, have done you no harm whatsoever.

Old February 10th 16, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 10:46:49 -0800 (PST), Alycidon wrote:

Re Post Subject : No he hasn't

Poor old Numb-nuts.

He makes a post with a particular subject - and he quotes his source,

The only difference is that the article he quotes has as its title:

Has Sir Bradley Wiggins changed his mind on compulsory cycle helmets?

and Numb Nuts post becomes:

Sir Bradley Wiggins *has* changed his mind on compulsory cycle helmets

I think he may not be not very bright.

Bradley Wiggins might miss TDF due to illness Randall Shimizu Racing 3 June 1st 13 09:04 AM
Bradley Wiggins Bob Martin Racing 1 December 17th 12 09:17 AM
Cycle Helmets : Bradley Wiggins Speaks Out The Todal UK 261 August 31st 12 07:24 PM
Bradley Wiggins the comedian Ted van de Weteringe Racing 1 November 25th 08 12:16 AM
bradley wiggins looks like paul weller peter-potato UK 2 July 8th 07 10:53 AM