More bicyclists behaving badly

Old September 21st 20, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default More bicyclists behaving badly

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 07:41:37 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 9/21/2020 12:35 AM, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 21:08:46 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 9/20/2020 8:26 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 01:08:00 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
wrote:

John B. wrote:
On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 16:38:18 -0700 (PDT), Steve Weeks
wrote:

On Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 7:32:28 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Evil is out there, usually overweight and wearing a fine suit.
But all legislators are not evil.

I agree with the sentiment. If I may tweak your syllogism a bit, I think you meant:
"Not all legislators are evil."
:-)

But, but, but. You all elected them. Or rather a majority of you all
elected them. An impartial observer might tend to believe that you
have the elected officials that you, or at least the majority of you
all, desire.

“Desire” is a bit strong, but some might claim that “deserve” would work in
that sentence.

I'm not sure, although I am familiar with the quotations of Joseph de
Maistre, but I'm not certain that it accurately describes the
scenario, although certainly if one elects the individual that is
desired one could be said to deserve any and all results there of.

However I much prefer the following and earlier quote, "False opinions
are like false money, struck first of all by guilty men and thereafter
circulated by honest people who perpetuate the crime without knowing
what they are doing." as it so aptly describes modern society.

I was reminded of Baltimore's Best. Mr Mencken:
https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/h_l_mencken_163179

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what
they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

But offering the electorate something for their vote is essentially
the basis of the democratic system... "Vote for me and I will give you
..."

Or do you really believe that a candidate that promises to, "Reduce
minimum wages to make our industry more competitive in the world
market", or, perhaps, promises to "increase taxes in order to pay down
the national debt", could be elected?

There is ample precedent:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ac/8a/e1/a...cf79bd7a51.jpg

Oh yes, nice try. Except of course, that this was not a speech that
Churchill made in order to get elected but rather a speech that he
made after accepting the King's commission as Prime Minister. He
certainly said nothing like that during his campaign for election to
the Parliament.

By the way, he seems to have paraphrased a speech, made some 90 years
earlier, by Giuseppe Garibaldi when rallying his revolutionary forces
in Rome: "I offer hunger, thirst, forced marches, battle, and death."
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 21st 20, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Career politician! The guy never worked in private industry -- one government job after another. Drain the swamp!

-- Jay Beattie.

Well, lets see. Winston Churchill joined the British Army in 1895, at
the age of 21, and saw action in British India, the Anglo-Sudan War,
and the Second Boer War, and later becoming a war correspondent and
author, and later being elected to parliament...

Compared to your service to your nation?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 22nd 20, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 05:58:49 +0700, John B. wrote:

Career politician! The guy never worked in private industry -- one
government job after another. Drain the swamp!

-- Jay Beattie.

Well, lets see. Winston Churchill joined the British Army in 1895, at
the age of 21, and saw action in British India, the Anglo-Sudan War, and
the Second Boer War, and later becoming a war correspondent and author,
and later being elected to parliament...

Compared to your service to your nation?

Lol, Churchill's military 'career' consisted of him show boating in as
many military theatres as he could get himself into, usually by dint of
'conections'. There was no 'military service' unless he could write
about it to advance his desired future political career.

His 'war correspondency' took precedence over his 'service' No point oin
'serving' unless everyone knew you were doing it and you were a hero of
sorts Hey what!.

In his days, it was the news paper and the books you wrote that made you
famous.

P.S. he didn't 'join' the army the way we think of it now. He purchased
his commission.
Old September 22nd 20, 02:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

[...]

He was part of lame street media and a swamp dweller! Unlike Churchill, I work for a living. I love Jesus, Donald Trump and America. I fight for American like Donald Trump fights for America -- by standing up for American values: faithfulness to my wife and family, making good on my debts, telling the truth and treating people with respect. God bless you Mr. President, and God bless Amerca -- and no place else. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz1o...b_channel=JosP

-- Jay Beattie.

President Comacho 2024!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDGG...nel=deimospwns

Old September 22nd 20, 06:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 00:54:21 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 05:58:49 +0700, John B. wrote:

Career politician! The guy never worked in private industry -- one
government job after another. Drain the swamp!

-- Jay Beattie.

Well, lets see. Winston Churchill joined the British Army in 1895, at
the age of 21, and saw action in British India, the Anglo-Sudan War, and
the Second Boer War, and later becoming a war correspondent and author,
and later being elected to parliament...

Compared to your service to your nation?

Lol, Churchill's military 'career' consisted of him show boating in as
many military theatres as he could get himself into, usually by dint of
'conections'. There was no 'military service' unless he could write
about it to advance his desired future political career.

Err... Winston Churchill attended the Royal Military College,
Sandhurst and graduated, as a member of the cavalry, 20th in his class
of 130 and received his commission from Queen Victoria as a Cornet in
the 4th Queens Own Hussars on February 20th, 1895. He spent most of
the next five years on active duty as a cavalry officer in the British
Army.

In 1895 he was in Cuba as an observer with the Spanish army and in
1896, as a member of the Fourth Hussars were posted to India and
stationed at Bangalore. In 1897 he was assigned to the Malakand Field
Force on the North-West frontier and was Mentioned in Dispatches for
rescuing an injured soldier under fire. In 1898 he was seconded as a
Lieutenant to the 21st Lancers for the Soudan campaign. He received
the Queen’s Sudan Medal and the Khedive’s Sudan Medal, clasp
“Khartoum,” for his participation. In 1899 he resigned from the army
and attempted a political career but failed to be elected and went as
a correspondent to the 2nd Boar War.

It might be noted that as a war correspondent and his other writings
he was making 10,000 pounds sterling at the age of 25, some 1,293,500
pounds in today's money.

His 'war correspondency' took precedence over his 'service' No point oin
'serving' unless everyone knew you were doing it and you were a hero of
sorts Hey what!.

In his days, it was the news paper and the books you wrote that made you
famous.

P.S. he didn't 'join' the army the way we think of it now. He purchased
his commission.

I believe that the practice of purchase of commissions was abolished
as part of the 1871 Cardwell reforms.

But, it might be noted that Sir Arthur Wellesley, who starting his
career in 1787 as a commissioned officer in the infantry, purchased
his first 4 commissions. As was the practice at that time.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 22nd 20, 09:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

wrote:

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 05:58:49 +0700, John B. wrote:

Career politician! The guy never worked in private industry -- one
government job after another. Drain the swamp!

-- Jay Beattie.

Well, lets see. Winston Churchill joined the British Army in 1895, at
the age of 21, and saw action in British India, the Anglo-Sudan War,
and the Second Boer War, and later becoming a war correspondent and
author, and later being elected to parliament...

Compared to your service to your nation?

Lol, Churchill's military 'career' consisted of him show boating in as
many military theatres as he could get himself into, usually by dint of
'conections'. There was no 'military service' unless he could write
about it to advance his desired future political career.

Err... Winston Churchill attended the Royal Military College, Sandhurst

After his father forced him to do so and he required multiple attempts to
enter.

and graduated, as a member of the cavalry, 20th in his class of 130 and
received his commission from Queen Victoria

they all did.

as a Cornet in the 4th
Queens Own Hussars on February 20th, 1895. He spent most of the next
five years on active duty as a cavalry officer in the British Army.

In 1898 he was seconded as a Lieutenant to
the 21st Lancers for the Soudan campaign.

Lol, his military judgement was already suspect and he had to call in
connections to get permission to go to sudan, where he distinguished
himself in arriving late and riding off in the wrong direction and
missed the main squirmish..

He received the QueenÂ’s Sudan
Medal and the Khedive’s Sudan Medal, clasp “Khartoum,” for his
participation.

Yep, everyone got one, even the servants.

In 1899 he resigned from the army and attempted a
political career but failed to be elected and went as a correspondent to
the 2nd Boar War.

It might be noted that as a war correspondent and his other writings he
was making 10,000 pounds sterling at the age of 25, some 1,293,500
pounds in today's money.

His 'war correspondency' took precedence over his 'service' No point
oin 'serving' unless everyone knew you were doing it and you were a hero
of sorts Hey what!.

In his days, it was the news paper and the books you wrote that made you
famous.

You also left out his hand in the Gallipoli debacle (WW1) and the Norway
fiasco (WWII) and a number of other similar costly cock-ups.

The one good thing he achieved was getting Australian noses out of
British Arseholes and thinking about their own nation by refusing to
release Australian troops then fighting in the Middle East. His failure
to adequately supply Singapore can be seen as a contribution to its fall.

Seriously, people need to really look at the fairy tales they are fed.

Old September 22nd 20, 10:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Forced him? Do you have a reference? As I read that as his grades
weren't high enough to enter University and therefore the military was
the only other option for an individual of his class.

[...]

Oh! and I thought we were talking about Churchill's military service.
Not his political career.

The one good thing he achieved was getting Australian noses out of
British Arseholes and thinking about their own nation by refusing to
release Australian troops then fighting in the Middle East. His failure
to adequately supply Singapore can be seen as a contribution to its fall.

Well, as you were part of the British Empire why in the world would
you decline the opportunity to serve in their military? Fear?

As for Singapore you really do need to read some more history. The
Japanese had seized control of China, Hong Kong, French Indo China,
Thailand, Burma, Malaya, Indonesia, and a good portion of New Guinea.
The Japanese invaded Malaya on 8 December 1941 and on 27 1942 the
Allied forces retreated to Singapore and effectively, except for the
Island of Singapore the Japanese controlled all of S.E. Asia.

And you argue that had Singapore only been supplied that it could have
successfully fought the Japanese army?

Foolishness. Or perhaps daydreams.

Old September 22nd 20, 01:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

What a nasty piece of **** you are, Peter Howard, aka "news18", aka "antitroll", aka etc, etc, etc.

P.S. he [Churchill] didn't 'join' the army the way we think of it now. He purchased
his commission.

This is an outright lie by Peter Howard, aka "news18". The sale of commissions was abolished by the British armed services as part of the Cardwell Reforms on 1 November 1871. Churchill was not born until 30 November 1874, more than three years later.

The rest of Churchill's military service follows a similar pattern. The thief Peter Howard lies about it to traduce a great man, because Howard is scum of zero achievement.

Unsigned out of contempt for a scumbag.

Old September 22nd 20, 01:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 07:27:24 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
Career politician! The guy never worked in private industry -- one government job after another. Drain the swamp!

-- Jay Beattie.

You're walking in the dark, Jay. When Churchill wasn't serving in the Army, he was a highly successful journalist and war correspondent, and an investor on the stock exchange. Later in life he was one of the best-selling and highest paid writers of history.

What are you going on about? Check your facts, man; you're looking like an idiot.

Andre Jute
Christ, even Wikipedia gets more right than the Donkey Party members of RBT
Old September 22nd 20, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 5:15:10 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 07:27:24 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
Career politician! The guy never worked in private industry -- one government job after another. Drain the swamp!

-- Jay Beattie.

You're walking in the dark, Jay. When Churchill wasn't serving in the Army, he was a highly successful journalist and war correspondent, and an investor on the stock exchange. Later in life he was one of the best-selling and highest paid writers of history.

What are you going on about? Check your facts, man; you're looking like an idiot.

Andre Jute
Christ, even Wikipedia gets more right than the Donkey Party members of RBT

That's not working in industry -- that's being part of the Liberal elite. Writing stories for Lamestream Media and investing money. Plus, he was not an American. In fact, I've been told that he hated America -- people have told me that. Plus, he got captured. I like the guys who didn't get captured. And he got captured by boring people. And so what if he escaped. I escape boring people all the time. It's easy, really, really easy. I don't know why people think he's a hero.

-- Jay Beattie.