Hey CDB, send us your wolves!

Old February 9th 07, 08:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Default Hey CDB, send us your wolves!

This is just absurd!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5189374

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old February 9th 07, 09:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
LIBERATOR

On Feb 9, 1:36 pm, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
This is just absurd!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5189374

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

I didn't give you permission to post Virginia. You need to get help
before you try to judge other people, your entire psychological
presence is self-deceptive and you're a mess inside. Stop trying to
combat others into your narrow understanding of life. You're a very
very shallow person and are on a power quest to dominate others
because you're sick inside. Your puppet Ride-A-Lot is sick too, jsut
the same as you.

Old February 9th 07, 09:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

This is just absurd!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5189374

I hear they don't make very good pets.

Matt
Old February 9th 07, 10:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

This is just absurd!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5189374

OK, I really read the article this time. I thought it was going to be
that Idaho wolf hunt one again.

I wonder how quickly a wolf pack could be effective enough with that
many elk? I'm sure a big enough pack could, or multiple packs but how
long would it take to establish them? I agree hunting would definitely
change the character of the park, but in the short term what else can be
done?

My problem with (human) hunting for population control is they aren't
taking the typically preyed on animals, the sick or otherwise less fit
ones. Hunters (many of them anyway) want the trophy, which is usually
the animals you want to continue to breed and strengthen the herd. It's
the opposite of natural selection.

There are a hell of a lot of elk there. They are all over the place and
not really afraid of people.
http://tinyurl.com/25znvp

Matt
Old February 9th 07, 10:20 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Shawn

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

This is just absurd!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5189374

Why they don't go in guns-a-blazing is beyond me. The elk have been
trashing the park for years, we call them "Park Rats". I'd rather not
see wolves there though. The first three year old that becomes wolf
chow would be a real problem.

Shawn
Old February 9th 07, 11:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
small change

"Shawn" wrote in message
. ..
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

This is just absurd!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5189374

Why they don't go in guns-a-blazing is beyond me. The elk have been
trashing the park for years, we call them "Park Rats". I'd rather not see
wolves there though. The first three year old that becomes wolf chow
would be a real problem.

Shawn

oh come on, wolf attacks on humans are incredibly, amazingly rare.

Old February 10th 07, 12:18 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"small change" wrote in message

"Shawn" wrote in message
. ..
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

This is just absurd!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5189374

Why they don't go in guns-a-blazing is beyond me. The elk have been
trashing the park for years, we call them "Park Rats". I'd rather not
see wolves there though. The first three year old that becomes wolf chow
would be a real problem.

Shawn

oh come on, wolf attacks on humans are incredibly, amazingly rare.

Thanks, Penny. I couldn't have said it with more authority.

Gary

Old February 10th 07, 12:18 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Feb 9, 3:03 pm, "small change" wrote:
"Shawn" wrote in message

. ..

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

This is just absurd!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5189374

Why they don't go in guns-a-blazing is beyond me. The elk have been
trashing the park for years, we call them "Park Rats". I'd rather not see
wolves there though. The first three year old that becomes wolf chow
would be a real problem.

Shawn

oh come on, wolf attacks on humans are incredibly, amazingly rare.

All it would take is just one, Penny. The knee-jerkoffs would have to
exterminate every last wolf in the hemisphere *if* it happened.

About the elk, they are verytasty, so let's cull a few from that herd.

JD

Old February 10th 07, 12:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

"MattB" wrote in message
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

This is just absurd!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5189374

I hear they don't make very good pets.

I actually met a pet wolf about a year ago at someone's birthday party. A
girl who works at Easton owned it and it was a really mellow pet with just a
few of us there. The owner did lock her up in a bedroom before more guests
arrived because you just never know how a wild animal is going to react to
stressful situations. As cool as it was I doubt I would have one as a pet.

Or were you talking about the elk? I don't think they make very good pets,
either.

Greg

Old February 10th 07, 05:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On Feb 9, 1:36 pm, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
This is just absurd!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5189374

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

Reminds me of Wallowa Lake State Park in NE Oregon. Deer have the run
of the place. They're so fat and overfed they're like big lazy dogs
wandering around, letting toddlers pet them, etc., but at night....
watch out! They're amazingly adept at breaking into coolers and food
boxes!!

CDB