Moderated Forums

Old November 28th 08, 02:23 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Moderated Forums

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 26, 8:09 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
The ways of genius like Ed Dolan the Great are clearly beyond the
comprehension of so lowly a mortal as JimmyMac.

Refusing to participate in this debate refuses to is not the way of

genius, but rathe the way of the coward. Is this the best
diversionary attempt that an alleged genius can muster? What we have
here is typical Dolan CRAPOLA. When logic has Dolan backed squarely
into a corner with no wiggle room, Dolan is on the brink of despair.
His fragile ego cannot bear to publicly admit that he is wrong. Those
who offer the most resistance when their wisdom, authority or
intentions are called into question are often the very same persons
who have an inherent inability to establish valid grounds to discredit
others. Unwilling and/or unable to offer a rebuttal, Dolan delivers a
gratuitous insult which only serves to demonstrate that his position
is so weak that it has to be abandoned rather than defended.
Regardless, the question still remains ... can Dolan stand by every
post he has ever made or can he not? Why will Dolan not answer this
question? Lack of an direct answer is tantamount to admission that he
cannot stand be every post that he has ever made and will be taken as
such.

I declared myself the winner ages ago and now consider this thread over and
done with. I have taken my marbles and gone home. Better luck next time!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 28th 08, 04:24 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

On Nov 28, 8:23*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

question? *Lack of a direct answer is tantamount to admission that he
cannot stand be every post that he has ever made and will be taken as
such.

I declared myself the winner ages ago and now consider this thread over and
done with. I have taken my marbles and gone home. Better luck next time!

How can sucj a loser proclaim himself to be a winner. Oh, I get
it .... the delusional thing again. I heard that you were missing a
few marbles ... appreciate the confirmation. Good that you found
them. Perhaps now you can now attain some semblance of normality.
Gone home ... didn't thought hermits left home .

TRANSLATION: I've been bested ... AGAIN! I have nothing substantial
that I can possibly offer in my own defense, so, in defeat, I will
tuck my tail between my legs and skulk on on out of here. I just wish
the relentless JimmyMac would allow me a gracious exit.

Failing to answer the question, you have confirmed that you are in
incapable of ever admitting to me (or the readership) that you could
possibly be wrong (a flaw not a virtue), but as stated previously,
lack of a direct answer is tantamount to admission and has been taken
as such.

Old November 28th 08, 09:50 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

On Nov 28, 10:49*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Nov 28, 8:23 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

I declared myself the winner ages ago and now consider this thread over
and
done with. I have taken my marbles and gone home. Better luck next time!

How can such a loser proclaim himself to be a winner. *Oh, I get
[...]

Your desparte declaration introduces nothin new to the discussion and
changes reality not in the least, however since you are into repetion,
allow me to accommodate you...

Old November 28th 08, 10:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

... and JimmyMac babbles on and on ... never seeming to realize that I am
no longer even reading him.

Old November 29th 08, 03:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

On Nov 28, 4:09*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Nov 28, 10:49 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

"I declared myself the winner ages ago and now consider this thread over
and
done with. I have taken my marbles and gone home. Better luck next
time!" -
Ed Dolan

Your desperate declaration introduces nothing new to the discussion and
changes reality not in the least, however since you are into repettiion,
allow me to accommodate you...

[...]

DId you say something meaningful that I somehow missed? A response
presupposes that you first read what you are responding to ...
DUH!!!! The conundrum continues and the unanswered question remains
unanswered. Regardless, it is more important that others have read
what I've said and not read what you've not said. I just love it when
Ed is wrong, knows he's wrong, has been proven to be wrong and can do
nothing but resort to diversion and insults, lending credence to the
notion that the arrogant Dolan is unwilling to admit to a mistake.
His fragile ego just can't handle that.

Old November 29th 08, 03:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 28, 4:09 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
... and JimmyMac babbles on and on ... never seeming to realize that I am
no longer reading him.

DId you say something meaningful that I somehow missed? A response

presupposes that you first read what you are responding to ...
DUH!!!! The conundrum continues and the unanswered question remains
unanswered. Regardless, it is more important that others have read
what I've said and not read what you've not said. I just love it when
Ed is wrong, knows he's wrong, has been proven to be wrong and can do
nothing but resort to diversion and insults, lending credence to the
notion that the arrogant Dolan is unwilling to admit to a mistake.
His fragile ego just can't handle that.

The dogs bark in the night ... and the Great Caravan moves on.

Old December 1st 08, 01:36 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

On Nov 29, 9:46*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Nov 28, 4:09 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

... and JimmyMac babbles on and on ... never seeming to realize that I am
no longer reading him.
DId you say something meaningful that I somehow missed? *A response

presupposes that you first read what you are responding to ...
DUH!!!! *The conundrum continues and the unanswered question remains
unanswered. *Regardless, it is more important that others have read
what I've said and not read what you've not said. *I just love it when
Ed is wrong, knows he's wrong, has been proven to be wrong and can do
nothing but resort to diversion and insults, lending credence to the
notion that the arrogant Dolan is unwilling to admit to a mistake.
His fragile ego just can't handle that.

The dogs bark in the night ... and the Great Caravan moves on.

You have aptly demonstrated your cowardice. You are pathetic.

Old December 1st 08, 03:02 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 29, 9:46 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
The dogs bark in the night ... and the Great Caravan moves on.

You have aptly demonstrated your cowardice. You are pathetic.

TRANSLATION: I've been bested ... AGAIN! I have nothing substantial

that I can possibly offer in my own defense, so, in defeat, I will
tuck my tail between my legs and skulk on on out of here. I just wish
the relentless JimmyMac would allow me a gracious exit.

You badly need to see a shrink. There is definitely something wrong with the
way your brain functions. Even Tom Sherman, who is mostly rational, does not
know how to deal with you.

Old December 1st 08, 10:13 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Nov 23, 9:38*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

* ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Has it ever occurred to anyone but me that Dolan contradicts himself
incessantly. *Obviously it has not occurred to him. *To his creidt,
unlike Ed Dolan, Tom Sherman had been consistent in his position in
this matter. *Presented here,for your reading pleasure is an
incongruous *compilation of some of Dolan's past, perplexing,
antithetical ramblings in this regard...

I have never posted to a moderated forum and I read damn few of them.
Yet, I know what works and what doesn't work. An unmoderated forum
does not work.

IIf any of you have something to say about anything, get on a
moderated forum and run it past an editor.

Anyone with a brain in his head is going to despair of any group that
is not moderated.

All the regulars have fled to moderated forums. If you are still here,
you need to ask yourself why you are still here.

Anyone with any brains has long since left and they will not return
because they have discovered that you must have a moderated forum if
you ever want to say anything serious or to be taken seriously.

To their discredit, a lot of the former regular posters to
alt.rec.bicycles. recumbent abandoned the group for a moderated forum
where they are treated like children by the moderators.

I have of course stated my opinion many times that I just do not like
to be scrutinized by a moderator (editor).

I don't like to be baby sat, but still a moderated forum is the only
kind of discussion group that works for the exchange of information.

A moderated forum would not suit me.

Moderated forums are just chock full of wasted messages which go
nowhere,

Who the hell would ever be so stupid as to post comments to a ****ing
moderated forum?

Having someone who is a hundred times dumber than you passing judgment
on your posts makes no sense at all.

ARBR the way it is now suits me perfectly.

I have absolutely nothing against moderated forums and believe they
are the wave of the future.

I am not opposed to moderated forums. On the contrary, I think they
are a good idea despite what I may have said about them in the past.

There is no one in this world who is more in favor of a moderator than
Ed Dolan.

A moderated forum is quite ideal for the vast majority of folks.

All newsgroups are fatally flawed for lack of a moderator.

Without a moderator, nothing is possible.

Newsgroups are nothing but an exercise in futility since they do not
have moderators.

Newsgroups without moderators are simply playgrounds for the likes of
me.

All newsgroups must have a moderator that will edit (censor) what gets
said. There is no other way.

All newsgroups require moderators. Without a moderator, the lowest
common denominator will prevail.

A newsgroup without a moderator can never be anything but a circus
full of clowns.

You simply must have a moderator or else all you get is bedlam.

A group without a moderator (editor) is like a ship without a
captain.

Moderated forums are the only way to go.

Any group MUST have a leader, an editor, a moderator. Without such an
ordering principal, you have nothing but a corral of braying
jackasses.

A moderator could ensure fairness, but Usenet is a free for all.
Hence, the importance of the rules and the importance of observing
them.

There is one way ARBR could rise from the dead and that is as a
moderated group.

I propose that I be elected the moderator of this group.

I would make the ideal moderator for a newsgroup since I would
immediately ban 99% of all posters.

If I were the moderator of this newsgroup I assure you that none of
you would ever get any of your miserable messages posted so that
anyone could ever see them.

I will stand by every message I have ever posted to Usenet, bar none.
Some of my posts will require some explanation no doubt, but I can
defend and justify everything I have ever said to anyone.

I WILL STAND BY EVERY MESSAGE I HAVE EVER POSTED TO USENET, BAR NONE.
SOME OF MY POSTS WILL REQUIRE SOME EXPLANATION NO DOUBT, BUT I CAN
DEFEND AND JUSTIFY EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER SAID TO ANYONE. ..... T H
E * C O N U N D R U M * C O N T I N U E S * ! ! ! ! !

* The fact is that neither unmoderated groups nor moderated groups work for
someone so Great as Myself. Moderated groups will consist of nothing but
pabulum for infants. Unmoderated groups will consists of nothing but asinine
remarks by idiots. Of the two, unmoderated groups suit me better since I
prefer to speak freely uncensored by a conventional mind. But still I have
no illusions that anything is ever getting said on either type of group that
is worth reading. I suppose the real answer for someone so Great as Myself
would be to get my own blog.

AGREED concerning the blog idea. Do it and take leave of here.

* Regards,

* Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On Nov 21, 12:36 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Has it ever occurred to anyone but me that ALL Internet forums are the
pits,
whether moderated or not? I recently went unto a moderated forum and was
promptly kicked off of it. It is unbelievable to me how wimpy and wussy
moderated forums are. Who the hell would ever be so stupid as to post
comments to a ****ing moderated forum? I think on balance I will have to
agree with Tom Sherman of ARBR after all. Having someone who is a hundred
times dumber than you passing judgment on your posts makes no sense at
all.
**** all moderated forums! God Damn It - POST FREE OR DIE!

Moderated Forums [email protected] General 2 December 11th 08 12:22 AM
Moderated Forums Chris[_12_] General 8 November 24th 08 04:47 AM
Moderated Forums Chris[_12_] Mountain Biking 4 November 23rd 08 07:46 PM
Moderated Forums Chris[_12_] Racing 4 November 23rd 08 07:46 PM
Moderated Forums JimmyMac Techniques 1 November 22nd 08 10:38 PM