Chain Lube?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 15th 18, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default Chain Lube?

Frank Krygowski writes:

On 11/15/2018 11:41 AM, Radey Shouman wrote:
Frank Krygowski writes:

On 11/14/2018 9:24 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6:03:57 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/14/2018 6:30 PM, jbeattie wrote:

I'm actually afraid to go into Clever Cycles while wearing lycra
for fear that I will be openly derided or hustled into the back
room for a wool intervention -- and then forced to ride a Brompton
with a dyno hub!

Ah, Jay, you have so much to learn!

This is a legitimate
fear. https://s2-ssl.dmcdn.net/iYGwF/x1080-Nm1.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuKIArmEjJM Tell me that woman has
not been body-snatched by the Brompton pod people.

I think Bromptons are really cool. I remember a proud Brompton owner
in Helsinki telling me it changed his life. It allowed him to take the
train into the city, then easily get to work without a car. And he
demonstrated the Brompton's amazing folding, both super-quick and
extremely compact.

Nobody in his or her right mind uses a rain cape except maybe the
tweed people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6wY9ifYmE.

Hey, how did they sneak a video of me into YouTube?? ;-)

There was a Yehuda Moon comic I can't find now. He chanced upon a
bunch of people dressed in wool sport coats, wool caps, riding
antique-looking bikes. Several told him things like "Lovely costume,
old chap!" His response was something like : "What?? There's a tweed
ride??"

http://rebelmetropolis.org/wp-conten...011-04-306.gif

Ah! Thanks!

(How did you find it?)

Google image search for yehuda moon tweed ride. Search on the site
itself got me nowhere.

Factory lube/chaincase experiment (X8 chain, Chainglider chain case,Surly SS & Rohloff gears) Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 15 July 14th 13 08:07 PM
chain lube Mark-T General 8 February 15th 06 09:37 PM
Chain lube Si UK 13 August 20th 05 07:24 AM
CHAIN LUBE CHAIN LUBE CHAIN LUBE [email protected] Techniques 0 March 19th 05 03:52 PM
Chain Lube Doki Mountain Biking 8 October 22nd 04 09:07 PM