ON NOW BBC2 World Track Cycling Championships in Manchester

Old March 26th 08, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark T[_2_]

Default ON NOW BBC2 World Track Cycling Championships in Manchester

Yeppity, you're now missing it, as is one of GBs potential medalwinners:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/7315034.stm
Old March 26th 08, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Slark[_2_]

Mark T wrote:
Yeppity, you're now missing it, as is one of GBs potential medalwinners:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/7315034.stm

Thank you! The Simpsons will have to go...

/g

--
aghillo.blogspot.com http://aghillo.blogspot.com/
Old March 26th 08, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Eilbeck

Mark T pleasegivegenerously@warmail*turn_up_the_heat_to_ reply*.com.invalid writes:

Yeppity, you're now missing it, as is one of GBs potential medalwinners:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/7315034.stm

What are the yellow blocks in the corners on the blue strip for?

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
Old March 26th 08, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Slark[_2_]

Chris Eilbeck wrote:
Mark T pleasegivegenerously@warmail*turn_up_the_heat_to_ reply*.com.invalid writes:

Yeppity, you're now missing it, as is one of GBs potential medalwinners:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/7315034.stm

What are the yellow blocks in the corners on the blue strip for?

Chris

Just to stop the pursuiters from dropping down off the track and
'cutting' corners...

Graham

--
aghillo.blogspot.com http://aghillo.blogspot.com/
Old March 26th 08, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx (mobile)

Mark T wrote:

Yeppity, you're now missing it, as is one of GBs potential
medalwinners:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/7315034.stm

.... and well done Bradley.

Nice and dominant in the final, can't let Jonny Foreigner get too close
now can we?

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
'98 Suzuki DR 200 Djebel 'Small but perfectly formed'
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp "When I feel fit enough'
Old March 26th 08, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark T[_2_]

It's now on BBCi 'til 21:50 - go to BBC2 then press the red button.

The exciting stuff seems to be happening on Saturday and they've still got
standing tickets for a tenner. Tempting...

Wednesday 26 March 2008
Men Individual Pursuit
Men Scratch Race
Men Team Sprint
Women 500m Time Trial

Thursday 27 March 2008
Men Team Pursuit
Women Individual Pursuit
Women Team Sprint
Men Sprint Rounds & Quarter Final

Friday 28 March 2008
Men Points Race
Men Sprint Semi-final & Final
Women Team Pursuit
Women Sprint Rounds & Quarter Final

Saturday 29 March 2008
Men Madison
Men Keirin
Women Points Race
Women Sprint Semi-final & Final

Sunday 30 March 2008
Men Omnium
Men 1 Kilometre Time Trial
Women Scratch Race
Women Keirin
Old March 26th 08, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jan[_2_]

Mark T wrote:
It's now on BBCi 'til 21:50 - go to BBC2 then press the red button.

The exciting stuff seems to be happening on Saturday and they've
still got standing tickets for a tenner. Tempting...

You should come.... the atmosphere here is great.... it was really funny
when the French National Anthem didn't play for the Mens team sprint
ceromony, so the crowd hummed it. The french team really appreciated
it......... good job they managed to play the Belarus Anthem correctly!

Jan

Old March 27th 08, 12:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Eilbeck

Slark writes:

Chris Eilbeck wrote:
Mark T pleasegivegenerously@warmail*turn_up_the_heat_to_ reply*.com.invalid writes:

Yeppity, you're now missing it, as is one of GBs potential medalwinners:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/7315034.stm

What are the yellow blocks in the corners on the blue strip for?

Just to stop the pursuiters from dropping down off the track and
'cutting' corners...

So they're presumably soft and foamy but alarmed? If they're solid,
surely that could ruin your whole day?

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
Old March 27th 08, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Slark[_2_]

Chris Eilbeck wrote:
Slark writes:

Chris Eilbeck wrote:
Mark T pleasegivegenerously@warmail*turn_up_the_heat_to_ reply*.com.invalid writes:

Yeppity, you're now missing it, as is one of GBs potential medalwinners:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/7315034.stm
What are the yellow blocks in the corners on the blue strip for?

Just to stop the pursuiters from dropping down off the track and
'cutting' corners...

So they're presumably soft and foamy but alarmed? If they're solid,
surely that could ruin your whole day?

Chris

I'm not actually sure what they are now - they used to be just 'soft and
foamy', not alarmed, but they would be enough to knock you off your
line and encourage you not to do it again! If I remember correctly, they
weren't used in other events as there's more chance of been driven down
by other riders and thus causing crashes.

My two 'oops' moments on the track were (a) when my seatpin disappeared
into my frame and (b) when I got a puncture in both wheels...

Graham

--
aghillo.blogspot.com http://aghillo.blogspot.com/
Old March 27th 08, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark T[_2_]

Slark writtificated

(b) when I got a puncture in both wheels...

How did you manage that on a track? The mother of all splinters? Tacks
scattered by your opponent? Broken glass bottles left by those nasty lycra
louts?