Pedals for touring

Old October 26th 08, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gaz[_2_]

Default Pedals for touring

Can anyone can recommend a pedal for my touring bike. I have been
using clipless pedal for 5 yrs or so but now find my feet get pins and
needles if they are clipped in. I just want a normal pedal so i can
move my feet around. The pedals I use at the moment are the single
sided with clips on one side but I find it a pain having to get the
right side.
TIA
Gaz
Old October 26th 08, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat[_2_]

"Gaz" wrote in message
Can anyone can recommend a pedal for my touring bike. I have been
using clipless pedal for 5 yrs or so but now find my feet get pins and
needles if they are clipped in. I just want a normal pedal so i can
move my feet around. The pedals I use at the moment are the single
sided with clips on one side but I find it a pain having to get the
right side.
TIA
Gaz

There's clipless & there's clipless.. Look, Look Keo, spds, spd-sl, Time,
Speedplay, Eggbeaters...
some with float allowing some movement, some not...

what clipless system have you been using?

Old October 26th 08, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

wafflycat wrote:

"Gaz" wrote in message
Can anyone can recommend a pedal for my touring bike. I have been
using clipless pedal for 5 yrs or so but now find my feet get pins and
needles if they are clipped in. I just want a normal pedal so i can
move my feet around. The pedals I use at the moment are the single
sided with clips on one side but I find it a pain having to get the
right side.
TIA
Gaz

There's clipless & there's clipless.. Look, Look Keo, spds, spd-sl, Time,
Speedplay, Eggbeaters...
some with float allowing some movement, some not...

Some with more contact area than others...

what clipless system have you been using?

Shoes and cleat allignment will come into the equation too. Perhaps
you need a stiffer or roomier shoe or different socks. Check that you
aren't up against the edge of the float between the pedals and
cleats. See if fore and aft position has changed or needs changing
too.
Old October 27th 08, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Damerell

Quoting Gaz :
Can anyone can recommend a pedal for my touring bike. I have been
using clipless pedal for 5 yrs or so but now find my feet get pins and
needles if they are clipped in. I just want a normal pedal so i can
move my feet around.

If you can live with loose clips and straps, the MKS GR-9 is about the
last true platform pedal in production.
--
David Damerell flcl?
Today is Wednesday, October.
Old October 28th 08, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin Reed

"Gaz" wrote in message
Can anyone can recommend a pedal for my touring bike. I have been
using clipless pedal for 5 yrs or so but now find my feet get pins and
needles if they are clipped in. I just want a normal pedal so i can
move my feet around. The pedals I use at the moment are the single
sided with clips on one side but I find it a pain having to get the
right side.
TIA
Gaz

These may not be what you're after, as they're only single sided - like the
ones you currently use. I find that, with them being full flat pedals on
the reverse, that if you want to unclip for a while you can ride unclipped
on the reverse side quite normally. Maybe that would give you some relief
from your pins and needles. There's also a bit of play that allows you to
change your foot position a little before they unclip too. I've been using
them quite happily for a few weeks now - although flipping them to get the
clip side is a bit annoying, although I'm getting better at it each time.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/double...dals-3883519/#

Colin