Bush biking toward nowhere?

Old August 17th 05, 06:55 PM
Mike Kruger

Default Bush biking toward nowhere?

In today's NY Times, Maureen Dowd picks Bush's mountain biking on
vacation as a metaphor. (registration required; some quotes follow)

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/17/op...html?th&emc=th

"Biking Toward Nowhere

"Pressed about how he could ride his bike while refusing to see a
grieving mom of a dead soldier who's camped outside his ranch, he
added: "So I'm mindful of what goes on around me. On the other hand,
I'm also mindful that I've got a life to live and will do so."

" ... his war, which has not accomplished any of its purposes, swallows
ever more American lives and inflames ever more Muslim hearts as W.
reads a book about the history of salt and looks forward to his biking
date with Lance Armstrong on Saturday.

"The president's pedaling as fast as he can, but he's going nowhere. "

Personally, I don't like the equating of "obliviously wasting time" and
"riding a bike", but that's just me.

Old August 17th 05, 07:09 PM
mark

"Mike Kruger" wrote...
[...]

I don't care for the equating of "wasting time" and "riding a bike" either,
but that's just about what George W. is doing. Nice to know that he's got a
life to live. Thanks to his warmongering stupidity thousands of Iraqis and a
few thousand Americans don't have a life to live any more. Excellent column,
I thought.
--
mark

Old August 17th 05, 08:08 PM
TomCAt

Mike, the problem with your logic is that you blame Bush. If the Dems
nominated a human being, not a cardboard cutout lying loser, we might have a
President who actually did something.

I live near MASS, I have met John Kerry. He wouldn't meet with Cindy
Sheehan either. Worse, he would be out wind surfing off of Nantucket.

If Clinton was still president he would meet with her and try to nail her.
He'd pull out his Fast Willy and ask her for a Lewinsky.

Maureen Dowd is your typical liberal phony. She is wayyyy to busy to be
bothered with anybody.

Poor Mike,,,, you are as dumb as your posts read.

ups.com...

Old August 17th 05, 09:44 PM
Pat

You're pretty good at the typical straw man attacks. Have you been listening
to Bill O'Reilly perhaps? He's an expert.

Pat in TX where even Dallas went 50.5 % for Bush and 49.5% for Kerry. Not
the "landslide" you've been told about....

Old August 17th 05, 09:58 PM
Will

Soooo Tom

Who else would you blame for this war? Name a few folks for us. I can't
think of any, but perhaps hope you can.

Bush has been lecturing us about "courage". Well perhaps he could show
some. That woman in TX isn't carrying a gun.

Old August 17th 05, 10:30 PM
di

"Will" wrote in message
oups.com...
Soooo Tom

Who else would you blame for this war? Name a few folks for us. I can't
think of any, but perhaps hope you can.

Many years of appeasement, Bill Clinton is as much to blame as Bush

Bush has been lecturing us about "courage". Well perhaps he could show
some. That woman in TX isn't carrying a gun.

Don't you think the President of the U.S. has to much to do than waste time
with a mental case.

Old August 17th 05, 11:41 PM
TomCAt

C Sheehan's son Casey volunteered to go into the Army. He further
volunteered to go in Iraq where it was dangerous.

He was not forced to go. He was not drafted.

C sheehan has her own agenda and is using her son's death for political
gain.

Why doesn't she run for office. The fall elections are coming up.

Then, she would be a Congressperson and really have a say.

Old August 17th 05, 11:58 PM
Joe S.

[...]

George Bush gives bicyclists a bad name.

--

-----
Joe S.

Old August 18th 05, 12:11 AM
Brian Wax

There is not ONE valid charge or statement
"TomCAt" wrote in message
Mike, the problem with your logic is that you blame Bush. If the Dems
nominated a human being, not a cardboard cutout lying loser, we might have
a President who actually did something.

I live near MASS, I have met John Kerry. He wouldn't meet with Cindy
Sheehan either. Worse, he would be out wind surfing off of Nantucket.

If Clinton was still president he would meet with her and try to nail her.
He'd pull out his Fast Willy and ask her for a Lewinsky.

Maureen Dowd is your typical liberal phony. She is wayyyy to busy to be
bothered with anybody.

Poor Mike,,,, you are as dumb as your posts read.

You sound like the typical Republican cretan that gives the rest of us a
bad name. I guess the world is much too difficult or complex for you.
Obviously you do not study the critical issues and then charge Maureen Dowd
with being a phony. If you looked in the mirror, you would discover that you
are simply a butch Marureen Dowd with a little pecker. Ugh. You are in the
Plonk file.

Old August 18th 05, 01:08 AM
Rich

di wrote:

Who else would you blame for this war? Name a few folks for us. I can't
think of any, but perhaps hope you can.

Many years of appeasement, Bill Clinton is as much to blame as Bush

For Iraq? Surely you jest.

First, Bill Clinton did not appease Bin Laden, he actaully tried killing
him with a cruise missile, for which he was ridiculed in the press.

Secondly, Iraq had NOTHING to do with Bin Ladon or 9/11. It was Bush
and his chicken-hawks that linked Iraq with 9/11 and they are soley to
blame for the poorly designed and executed reconstruction plan.

You can blame Clinton for teenagers thinking oral sex is OK, but you
can't blame anyone but Bush and his chicken hawk administration for the
misguided war in Iraq.

Clinton was wayyyyyy to smart to think a middle-eastern, largly muslim
country could be invaded and converted into a democracy by the U.S.

Rich

Was voting for Bush stupid? Musashi Racing 16 November 25th 04 04:54 AM
Was voting for Bush stupid? Musashi Racing 0 November 23rd 04 06:30 PM
0.41 seconds Robert Chung Racing 141 September 26th 04 08:50 PM
George Bush crashes mountain bike, again dreaded Social Issues 0 July 27th 04 07:04 AM
Bush crashes mountain biking. Callistus Valerius Racing 36 May 26th 04 04:42 PM