fringe sports/activities?

Old July 25th 05, 09:12 PM
paul_g

Default fringe sports/activities?

...and this, how could I forget!

| Attachment filename: bike 001.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/342161|

paul_g
paul_g's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10136

Old July 25th 05, 09:27 PM
jorge

This is an ideal thread for me to stop lurking and post.

UNDERWATER HOCKEY (Played for Argentina's National Team)
Telemark Skiing (The least common of the main snowsports )

Jorge

--
jorge
jorge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7755

Old July 25th 05, 10:55 PM
Mikefule

"Underwater hockey"? Is that what we used to call "Octopush" in the
1970s? A small round lead puck, a "pusher" a bit like a spatula, and
snorkel equipment? Great game!

I Morris dance - for those who don't know, it's a traditional English
dance, performed by a team of 6 or 8 people, plus a Fool. That's me:
Mike Fule, geddit? See http://www.dolphin-morris.co.uk/

I fence: foil and a little bit of epée. I'm struggling at the moment
with tendonitis, and having to fence left handed. That's also why I'm
not doing serious MUni, because of having to work the handle so much
with that hand. See http://www.fencer.co.uk

I play harmonica - straight, not cross - for the Morris, and also play
melodeon (a sort of squeeze box). I own but can hardly play a guitar
and a cornet.

I also buy far too many CDs, mainly rockabilly, psychobilly and 1970s
punk, but I have lots of jazz too.

--
Mikefule - The first cuckoo of unicycling

Sumer is icomen in, loud sing Mikefule!

Old July 25th 05, 11:02 PM
kohpee

cliff diving is fun

if you've never done it before, you can check out my first time on one
of my video projects 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/9wbjr). [its a whole 20
minute 'episode' of clips my friends and i release. the cliff diving
portion is the last segment of the entire vdo].

--
kohpee

http://www.eddiebanee.net
kohpee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10282

Old July 25th 05, 11:23 PM
leeman180

I race sailboats, 420's, Laser's, Opti's sometimes.

I also am an extreme trampoleenist!

I also ride unicycles offroad! Think of that.

--
leeman180 - i should be out riding

'My Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Lees-Uni-Stuff) - last
updated 5/20/05
leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441

Old July 25th 05, 11:48 PM
marty

I do bicycle track racing (velodrome).http://forestcityvelodrome.ca
There's a short video in the gallery if you're interested.
Marty.

--
marty - '72 dart

The devil takes the hindmost.
marty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6383

Old July 26th 05, 01:49 AM
jorge

Mikefule wrote:
*"Underwater hockey"? Is that what we used to call "Octopush" in the
1970s? A small round lead puck, a "pusher" a bit like a spatula, and
snorkel equipment? Great game!
*

It is still called Octopush in England, but Underwater Hockey in the
rest of the world. The sport has evolved a lot since the 70's. Now we
flick the puck between 10-12 feet with a stick, and have National,
Regional tournaments every year and World Championships every other
year.

www.pucku.org

Jorge