Is Sylvia Schenk behind the Armstrong affair ?

Old August 30th 05, 01:50 AM
Bob Schwartz

Default Is Sylvia Schenk behind the Armstrong affair ?

Tom Kunich wrote:
Not to put too fine a point on it but Dr. Ferrari is one of the
greatest sports physiologists in history whereas Balco was a
pharmaceutical company that was inventing new drugs to beat the
detection process.

Dude, no one turns over 10% of their income to a sports
physiologist like Rominger did. Not even to the best sports
physiologist in history.

Bob Schwartz

Old August 30th 05, 09:17 AM
Donald Munro

B. Lafferty wrote:
A couple of us a planning to do a local Tour de Drugs wearing jerseys of
known doping teams. Between us we have Gewiss, Mercatone Uno, Festina,
Postal and a couple more. We're going to head for a climb averaging
around 9% and see how long we can maintain a climbing speed of 25kph.

wrote:
Paging Marlene Blanshay, if you care to see another pack of
bearded guys on bents ...

B. Lafferty wrote:
Sadly for you, none of us have beards and the only time we ride bent is with
wives and significant others.

Presumably you would like to be known as Mr 69% then.

Old August 30th 05, 12:24 PM
Sandy

B. Lafferty wrote:
Sadly for you, none of us have beards and the only time we ride bent
is with wives and significant others.

Presumably you would like to be known as Mr 69% then.

What does the "%" do - who is - what is ?? Gotta know !

Old August 30th 05, 12:36 PM
B. Lafferty

B. Lafferty wrote:
Sadly for you, none of us have beards and the only time we ride bent
is with wives and significant others.

Presumably you would like to be known as Mr 69% then.

What does the "%" do - who is - what is ?? Gotta know !

It gives you the power of Charlie Chaplin.

Old August 30th 05, 01:50 PM
Donald Munro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/69_sex_position
Old August 30th 05, 02:12 PM
TM

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message news:_lNQe.707
I have no problem believing that he pushed every possible button he could,
including some that might be questionable, to get an edge. But doing
things that might likely resut in a positive sample, or even things that
depend upon secrecy, where the slightest chance of discovery would result
in a 2-year suspension...

I don't think they took the future development of a urine based epo test
into consideration in 1999.

People have already broken the conspiracy (Emma O'Reilly, Prentice what's
his name, the kiwi motorola rider, his lbs wrench gofer and probably
somebody else I've missed) and weren't believed.

Time will tell.

The fact is he tested positive for epo six times.

Time has told for both me and lance. Why do you think he won't sue?

Old September 1st 05, 01:42 AM
Tom Kunich

"benjo maso" wrote in message

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
oups.com...
Not to put too fine a point on it but Dr. Ferrari is one of the
greatest sports physiologists in history whereas Balco was a
pharmaceutical company that was inventing new drugs to beat the
detection process.

I don't want to dispute your statement that Ferrari one of the greatest
sports physiologists in history, but you know of course that he thanked
his fame in the cycling world being the medical adviser of the Gewiss-team
in 1994/1995 when the hematocrite level of his clients rose sharply in six
month (Furlan 38-51, Ugrumov 42-60, Riis 41-56, Gotti 40-57, Berzin 41-53,
etc.), resulting in the stunning results of the team in 1995 and Ferrari's
popularity among other ambitious riders.

Benjo

And if you suspected your clients were going to use a drug that wasn't
detectable and all of his competition was going to use, would you explain to
your clients how to safely use the substance or would you hope they get good
enough advice elsewhere to prevent them killing themselves?

This is CERTAINLY a case of ethics. But how to define the right side from
the wrong?

Old September 1st 05, 01:43 AM
Tom Kunich

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
ink.net...

We're going to head for a climb averaging around 9% and see how long we
can maintain a climbing speed of 25kph. :-)

You couldn't hold a speed of 25 kph going down that hill.