A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The Mood Light Rides Again

Old November 22nd 16, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

Default The Mood Light Rides Again

I originally built my dyno light science project with an old, used MA3 I had sitting around. It was properly tension -- perhaps even a little low -- and it still developed a spoke hole crack. Anyway, I bought a cheap Sun CR18 replacement and laced it up this weekend. Talk about a tight fit with a wire-bead Gatorskin. I had to get Joerg and two mountain lions to help me get it on the rim. The rim is supposed to be 460g but it feels like 560g. It's a beefy mo-fo, and for those watching at home, I'd probably go with a 17mm rim strip rather than 18mm. It was reasonably straight and not hard to build. I bought it because it was cheap and has a big ERD (612) which means I can use some of the many long longer spokes I have sitting around. I'll definitely break some spokes because they are old and probably now misoriented (inners going out, etc.)

So, I hooked it up to my remounted Luxos B and voila, the mood light is back. After that bright L&M SECA 1400, the dim front light is such a pleasant change. Pot holes disappear, the road becomes smooth again. I'm trading in my old AlpX rain jacket for a smoking jacket.

-- Jay Beattie.
Ads
Old November 23rd 16, 08:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B Slocomb
external usenet poster

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 07:11:58 -0800 (PST), jbeattie
wrote:

I originally built my dyno light science project with an old, used MA3 I had sitting around. It was properly tension -- perhaps even a little low -- and it still developed a spoke hole crack. Anyway, I bought a cheap Sun CR18 replacement and laced it up this weekend. Talk about a tight fit with a wire-bead Gatorskin. I had to get Joerg and two mountain lions to help me get it on the rim. The rim is supposed to be 460g but it feels like 560g. It's a beefy mo-fo, and for those watching at home, I'd probably go with a 17mm rim strip rather than 18mm. It was reasonably straight and not hard to build. I bought it because it was cheap and has a big ERD (612) which means I can use some of the many long longer spokes I have sitting around. I'll definitely break some spokes because they are old and probably now misoriented (inners going out, etc.)

So, I hooked it up to my remounted Luxos B and voila, the mood light is back. After that bright L&M SECA 1400, the dim front light is such a pleasant change. Pot holes disappear, the road becomes smooth again. I'm trading in my old AlpX rain jacket for a smoking jacket.

-- Jay Beattie.

You got to get a set of the "bicycle clips" to keep your trousers out
of the chain and a Bowler hat might be a worthwhile addition to the
wardrobe.... originally designed as a safety helmet, although in
shades of black :-)
Old November 27th 16, 07:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH
external usenet poster

On pain killers for the hand ?
Old November 27th 16, 07:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH
external usenet poster

https://www.amazon.com/Gore-Bike-Wea.../dp/B002PU9TW8

jacket breaths enough for sweat box free cycling ?

I Cannah believe the sun rims ... Potholeland ?

I pulled tendons in the right arm throwing bagel parts to my female grackles. I'm training them via doing to take food more aggressively in front of a competing make audience. They kearn. Fascinating.

The arm pain drains energy so a bottle of ibuprofin. One tab relieves all pain for 6 hours: 5:56...57.58.60...aaaaaa oain.

So do I take 2 n do light work while in not pain or lay on my back for 2 weeks n allow a cure ?

Last I did this turned my back on the ocean syrfing. Was good for 6 months. 12 months