ER last night: THBPT

Old October 16th 04, 06:47 PM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:23:12 GMT, Bonehenge
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:08:45 -0400, wrote:

LOL, or Treks. It seems half the Treks around here are ridden by
doctors or lawyers, especially the latest Madone.

Do you have poorly paid doctors?

Here in CT, it seems like lots of doctors ride Seven, Serrotta,
Litespeed, or Calfee. Only the unwashed masses ride Trek.

I ride a 5200. G

Barry

Yes, thanks to the canadian health care system, doctors here don't
rake in the millions they get in the US. SO they have to ride the same
****ty bike Lance rode in the tour... sigh.

Merlins are also popular with the doctor/lawyer crowd. I don't see
very many SEvens around here at all, and not one calfee. I suppose it
also has to do with regional distribution. Anyways, isn't CT one of
the wealthiest states? Like isn'tthat where New Canaan is? LOL.
Our equivalent of NC is an area called Senneville, which is very
popular as a local cycling route due to its attractive rural setting.
Old October 16th 04, 11:39 PM
maxo

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:24:54 -0400, David L. Johnson wrote:

You don't need any company's software to program your keys the way you
want with linux/X.

I know that, but there's something about a keyboard that's never had the
silkscreen of MS logos on it, untainted as it were. Ohh la la, not that
I'm of the persuasion to really get an emotion about it.

I either epoxy a picture of a penguin, or just drawn on them with
Sharpie--as a matter of fact, since I type in both English and Swedish,
I've also sharpied the extra Swedish vowels onto my keyboard. It slides
under the desk when not in use, so who cares how ugly it is...LOL.

Old October 17th 04, 12:28 AM
Zoot Katz

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:39:09 GMT,
, maxo
wrote:

You don't need any company's software to program your keys the way you
want with linux/X.

I know that, but there's something about a keyboard that's never had the
silkscreen of MS logos on it, untainted as it were. Ohh la la, not that
I'm of the persuasion to really get an emotion about it.

Mine is one of the first Windows '95 keyboards. Alps, a flat board
with an ergonomic wrist rest and built-in Glidepoint touch pad. I'm a
hopeless klutz with a mouse.

Even worse is that I'm in love my split space bar. The left third is
programmable. Space = right thumb, Backspace = left thumb. It's a
feature I'd be loath to give up. It makes for lousy touch typing when
I'm using another keyboard.
--
zk
Old October 17th 04, 03:36 PM
Hunrobe

wrote in part:

He's
actually built like a cyclist, small and slight

Ahem. I believe you meant "lean and wiry".

Regards,
Bob Hunt
Old October 24th 04, 01:24 AM
Pat

:
: I can understand that. Where my son works, the parking charge is $120 a
: month in downtown Dallas. So, it adds up pretty fast.
:
: That sounds cheap -- it's $25/day in my building in downtown Seattle, and
no
: one's parking is subsidized. You do get a free bus pass/ferry tickets,
: though.
: Warm Regards,
:
: Claire Petersky

That $120 IS the subsidized charge.

Pat in TX

IMBA Advocates Illegal Night Riding! Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 23 September 27th 04 11:06 AM
Night Ride Monty General 17 August 6th 04 11:11 PM
Penasquitos Canyon at Night ~Video~ Michael Paul Mountain Biking 6 May 8th 04 02:51 PM
? 4 all you night riders... Roger Buchanan Mountain Biking 12 November 1st 03 03:44 AM