New experience in spam: Calendar.app spam!

Old November 25th 16, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default New experience in spam: Calendar.app spam!

Today I got my first and second Calendar.app spam on my Mac, from a Web
site that purports to sell Ugg boots followed by one purporting to sell
RayBans. Since the "organizer's" name for both ads are in Chinese
characters, I can only assume that (1) the sites are skeezy at best and
(2) Apple has created a huge ****ing hole in the OS to allow this sort
of bull****.

If unsolved and very, very soon, this may be the last straw in my
relationship with Apple, after 30 years of being their customer. It is
absolutely unacceptable that this is even possible. These ads
(disguised as Calendar events) did not come in an e-mail invite, they
were sent directly to my calendar (along with a long list of other
victims). Deleting the calendar entries notifies the "organizer," of
course, so doing so will confirm that I got the ad. ****ers.
Unbelievable, Apple. Absolutely unbelievable.

And I am by no means the first:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

One method for dealing with this BS, which should not be necessary in
the first place:

"Just log in to iCloud.com open your calendar. Then under the calendars
settings (cog icon lower left of the screen), select the Preferences
entry and then the Advanced tab. You'll likely notice that your
Invitations setting is defaulted to in-app notifications. Change that to
email and it'll prevent future invites automatically appear solely in
your calendar (you'll get it as an email that is easier to delete
without confirming a live account)"

And an overly complicated way of getting rid of the calendar entries
without notifying the sender:

Open the Calendar application
Navigate down to Calendars, then tap Edit
Add a Calender to the list using the same button
Give it a name (like Spam) and tap Done
Double-tap ‘Done’ to return to the calendar
Open the spam invitation
Tap the bottom (above invitation) on ‘Calendar’
Select the newly created spamcalendar
Repeat this for all invitations
Now navigate back to the ‘Calendars’
Tap the i-button next to the spam calendar
Scroll down and tap ‘Delete calendar’

Also, WTF is the seller thinking? This is only going to really **** off
every person who gets this; there will be zero sales from this. So
either the would-be seller is an idiot or the goal must be something
else- confirming working iCloud accounts or e-mail addresses, perhaps,
since they get a notification when the victim declines the invite?
Phishing for something else than sales?
Old November 25th 16, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Sorry, wrong newsgroup. Dang, not sure how I did that.
Old November 25th 16, 11:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 11/25/2016 4:48 PM, Tim McNamara wrote:
Sorry, wrong newsgroup. Dang, not sure how I did that.

Hey I've done that too.

Speaking of calendars, my favorite desk calendar, Year in
Space, is now _only_ available through Amazon.

Darn. I'll miss it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 26th 16, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B Slocomb

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 16:48:56 -0600, Tim McNamara
wrote:

Sorry, wrong newsgroup. Dang, not sure how I did that.

I suspect that all of us has done the same :-)

But, I might add, that my wife has apparently solved the "calendar
problem" she gets these large "wall calendars" giveaways from the bank
each year and hangs one on the wall and writes down appointments as
the arise. Each morning she looks at the calendar to see whether she
has to do anything today :-)
Old November 26th 16, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

AMAZON ? Bezos... Blue Origen...Jobs fir the retarded ?

Andy ? Who did you vote for ? Jackson ?

Np problems with Microcephalic here but keeping an eye on the entryware.

Several times

...over 10 years an unwanted program would show up n looking at the entryware area finding criteria altered allowing the French Secret Police a look at the ongoing.

No doubt your entryware is missing a nay or 2
Old November 26th 16, 02:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 11/25/2016 8:05 PM, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
AMAZON ? Bezos... Blue Origen...Jobs fir the retarded ?

Andy ? Who did you vote for ? Jackson ?

Np problems with Microcephalic here but keeping an eye on the entryware.

Several times

..over 10 years an unwanted program would show up n looking at the entryware area finding criteria altered allowing the French Secret Police a look at the ongoing.

No doubt your entryware is missing a nay or 2

I would have voted for Andrew Jackson, but my family didn't
arrive here until 75 years after his death.

Old November 26th 16, 06:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

We killed Crockett !

I wuz looking at Trump’s alleged Cabinet TV history drama of Jackson n Party at the WH ….eyeyahahhah… AAA

https://www.google.com/#q=jackson+trail+florida+map

Haven’t gone thru there in long time, Florida changes. Was a remote southern area early 1990’s.

goo.gl/4nmDGS

The Blackwater River is red tannined water like Zinger thru a white sand dune forest.

There’s a livery n SP

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas

D. Crockett

Well said. Execution lacked fore thought.
Old November 26th 16, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

We killed Crockett !

I wuz looking at Trump’s alleged Cabinet n reminded of a very brief look at a TV history drama of Jackson n Party at the WH ….eyeyahahhah… AAA …early Republicans

I doahn believe Jackson’s Indians were armed. Not the women n children of course.

https://www.google.com/#q=were+andre...+indians+armed

Old November 26th 16, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 2:45:28 PM UTC-8, Tim McNamara wrote:
[...]

Wrong group or not use a Samsung SP with BitDedender which works so much better than my previous Norton that I can't believe it.
Old November 26th 16, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

https://www.google.com/#q=CONTROLLIN...AP PLICATIONS

spam robert bristow-johnson Racing 4 October 21st 08 08:33 AM
spam Didi Racing 2 October 21st 08 06:07 AM
Spam. juggle508 Unicycling 4 April 26th 05 12:35 AM
non-spam BB Mountain Biking 7 June 22nd 04 10:16 PM
Spam Charlie Mountain Biking 2 January 29th 04 03:55 PM