58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 20th 17, 11:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

Tim McNamara writes:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 10:33:26 -0600, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/20/2017 10:31 AM, Radey Shouman wrote:
AMuzi writes:

On 1/19/2017 10:49 AM, Duane wrote:
On 18/01/2017 11:34 PM, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
I am writing to Duane.

Writing what? You don't include the text you're replying to.

Maybe Gene meant watermarked paper, matching envelope and his best
handwriting. Might be in your mailbox after the weekend.

Will it smell faintly of aftershave, or of grackles?

You're assuming Gene's aftershave and grackles don't smell alike.

It dawns on me that I have reached the age of 57 without ever smelling a
grackle. What do they smell like? This is something I have never
thought about before and there are no grackle in the vicinity to smell.
From this Wikipedia article, it is possible they smell like formic acid
due to their habit of "anting."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anting_(bird_activity)

I don't know what an individual grackle smells like, but hundreds of
thousands of them together smell like enormous mounds of ****. At UT,
in Austin TX, back in the 80s huge flocks of them used to roost on
campus every night, and the campus maintenance guys used to literally
hose all the sidewalks down every night, just to keep it walkable.

Eventually they deployed enough propane cannons and guys with shotguns
loaded with cracker shells to convince most of the grackles to move on.

ObBicycle: I clearly remember one bicycle that a clueless student had
chained right under a grackle tree. The top tube appeared to be at
least 3" in diameter, because it was covered in ****. No one ever
retrieved the bicycle, it sat there for months.