Diff'n between chain oil and chain wax?

Old July 29th 03, 10:40 AM
Mark \(UK\)

Default Diff'n between chain oil and chain wax?

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message

Mark (UK) wrote in message

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message

Mark "(UK)" said:

"dusty riding
conditions."

Heheheheheh - yeah, been an unusual few months weather-wise eh? ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - He said 'UK' and 'dusty', heheheheh...........

yeah although last week or so has been far from dusty.

Yeah - we've had (are having still) plenty of sky **** ;-(

I ride a different
bike in the rain though, and i sure don't use wax on that one's chain...
Can't beat good old light oil in the wet.
Cheers
Mark

Yup! And I take a small bottle with me on all rides anyhow - if it needs

it,
flip the bike, 2 minutes and she's done again.

Shaun aRe - Ahem.

Where in the UK are you? Apparently we're in for a btching week of rain.
Looks like some wet rides to work are in store.

Old July 29th 03, 01:27 PM
Shaun Rimmer

Mark "(UK)" said:

"dusty riding
conditions."

Heheheheheh - yeah, been an unusual few months weather-wise eh?

',;~}~

Shaun aRe - He said 'UK' and 'dusty', heheheheh...........

yeah although last week or so has been far from dusty.

Yeah - we've had (are having still) plenty of sky **** ;-(

I ride a different
bike in the rain though, and i sure don't use wax on that one's

chain...
Can't beat good old light oil in the wet.
Cheers
Mark

Yup! And I take a small bottle with me on all rides anyhow - if it needs

it,
flip the bike, 2 minutes and she's done again.

Shaun aRe - Ahem.

Where in the UK are you? Apparently we're in for a btching week of rain.
Looks like some wet rides to work are in store.

Lancashire (Whalley, near (well 'in', officially) Clitheroe, Blackburn
etc.), not too far from the Yorkshire border. Rained yesterday and today,
but got a lift in this a.m. (cos I'm rough as hell with a bad, permanently
wheezy chest, and didn't much fancy the bloody great hill right in the
middle of (well, the hill _is_) my 5.3 mile commute).

Looked at the BBC 5 day for Bburn, says worst case cloudy and 61 (IIRC),
best case sunny spells and 71F for Friday - that's all I'm bothered about,
because that's when I tie the knot, and outdoors at that............ ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - "Don't worry love, I know they do 'brollies in a cream colour"
Heheheheh............