help please w/road bike-mt bike hybrid

Old August 16th 04, 01:57 PM
Trevor Jeffrey

Richard wrote in message ...
Thank you very very much everyone who answered my questions regarding the
road/mt bike hybrid (sorry I'm sending a group thank you). You saved me a
lot of time and hassle with finding out what works.

That's too bad about being stuck with the R440 group. I was hoping to have
more shopping options.

To explain a bit:

My girlfriend got me into cycling. She's more athletic than I am (played
Olympic level field hockey internationally) but is incredibly stubborn

about
somethings (I stand more chance of knocking wall down with head). I seem

have really caught on this year and have been zooming uphill, especially
thanks to the bike I built from ebay & nashbar scraps. Amazingly, she's
having a harder time keeping up (riding a Marin Bear Valley). I'd rather
ride together, but at this rate, I'll need to ride twice: once at my pace,
then once together. I was just hoping a really nice light bike would help,
and having it be homemade would be a more personal gift and cheaper (I'm
broke). I'm still hoping I can through persistence and subterfuge get her
to ride a real road bike, but knocking down that wall looks easier and
easier in comparison.

Next time whilst out riding, complain of a bad back and swap positions. I
think I should say bikes.

Trevor

Old August 17th 04, 06:44 PM
RWM

"Richard" wrote in message
Thank you very very much everyone who answered my questions regarding the
road/mt bike hybrid (sorry I'm sending a group thank you). You saved me a
lot of time and hassle with finding out what works.

That's too bad about being stuck with the R440 group. I was hoping to

have
more shopping options.

SNIP

I have used the R440 group on three bikes and it is fine.