FSA crank with ISIS FSA bottom bracket creaks

Old August 16th 04, 05:08 PM
brad curtis

Default FSA crank with ISIS FSA bottom bracket creaks

Hi all,

I have an FSA crank and FSA bottom bracket. I grease EVERYTHING
including crank bolts. I have a torque wrench and got the bolts to
spec. The bike did not creak with campy record cranks. I actually
reinstalled the campy cranks just to do a sanity check.

Any suggestions HELP!!!!!

Cheers
Brad
Old August 16th 04, 06:04 PM
Jay Beattie

"brad curtis" wrote in message
m...
Hi all,

I have an FSA crank and FSA bottom bracket. I grease

EVERYTHING
including crank bolts. I have a torque wrench and got the

bolts to
spec. The bike did not creak with campy record cranks. I

actually
reinstalled the campy cranks just to do a sanity check.

Any suggestions HELP!!!!!

Try tightening the pedals, or grease the threads on the pedals
and then tighten them.

Also, the FSA BB cups have rubber seals that seat over the
bearing cartridges. If they are not firmly seated, you will get
play, and possibly creaking, in the BB. See if there is any play
in the BB (try rocking the crank arms), and if there is, remove
the cups and grease the inner surface and then snug them back up.
If you have the Ti bottom bracket, be sure to use the Ti
anti-seize compound that comes with it. If all else fails, call
customer service. -- Jay Beattie.