cross bb...

Old August 16th 04, 10:56 PM
gregclimbs

Default cross bb...

I have a quattro assi cross frame that was built as a proto. it was
designed for mtb cranks.

But I run a road crank, with a 44t single chainring setup (44t on the
inner, guard on the outer, seatpost mounted guide for the inside).

All was good wehn I had a DA (square taper) crank on it, using a phil bb
119mm TI bb with +4mm drive side.

This year, I can't stand to not have the data, and want to run my SRM
Pro on the cross bike. It uses an octalink shimano bb.

Noticing that the ultagra bb is a 110 or 118, is the 118's additional
length symetric? or is it mostly on the drive side (I hope)?

thanks,

Old August 17th 04, 12:01 AM
Sheldon Brown

gregclimbs wrote:

I run a road crank, with a 44t single chainring setup (44t on the
inner, guard on the outer, seatpost mounted guide for the inside).

All was good wehn I had a DA (square taper) crank on it, using a phil bb
119mm TI bb with +4mm drive side.

This year, I can't stand to not have the data, and want to run my SRM
Pro on the cross bike. It uses an octalink shimano bb.

Noticing that the ultagra bb is a 110 or 118, is the 118's additional
length symetric? or is it mostly on the drive side (I hope)?

It's symmetric. Probably the best option for your application would be
a 112.5 XTR BB.

http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.c...=49&SKU=CR0973

Sheldon "Answers" Brown
| Do, or do not. There is no 'try'. |