Amy's ride

Old January 5th 06, 12:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Amy's ride

flyingdutch Wrote:
What's with all the name change?

'Gillett-Safe'

bit strange form a PR point of view, changing a brandname halfway
thru...

Not at all - these were Amy's married/maiden names. She had a
successful rowing career before marrying Simon & simply using both
surnames is a mark of respect.

--
cfsmtb

Old January 5th 06, 12:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb Wrote:
Not at all - these were Amy's married/maiden names. She had a successful
rowing career before marrying Simon & simply using both surnames is a
mark of respect.

yeah, assumed that. just seems wierd that it pops up now when everyone
has been referring/printing 'Amy Gillett' or 'Amy Gillet Foundation'
I assume the foundation name is still 'AGF' ?

--
flyingdutch

Old January 7th 06, 11:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle

We're baacckkk!

Too tired for a proper RR. Over 3000 cyclists. About 10 in the WoJ/a.b
team from Melbourne. Bloody superb day. More details and pix soon.

--
cfsmtb

Old January 7th 06, 11:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb Wrote:
We're baacckkk!

Too tired for a proper RR. Over 3000 cyclists. About 10 in the WoJ/a.b
team from Melbourne. Bloody superb day. More details and pix soon.

You won't wipe the grin off my face any time soon. I had one of THE
BEST days ever.

--
SuzieB

Old January 7th 06, 01:04 PM posted to aus.bicycle

SuzieB Wrote:
You won't wipe the grin off my face any time soon. I had one of THE BEST
days ever.

you darn right...

it was superb weather, superb views and superb riding....sorry I
couldnt ride with the woj/a.b team, I was under orders from my Pink Inc
ladies team to be their gatekeeper, chaperone and love slave for the
ride...so ever willing to be as obliging as possible for 12 ladies on
roadbikes who can hold more than a conversation on and about bikes for
4 hours, I went along dutifully and we had one of the greatest days in
the saddle ever, even better than ATB in 05 with the same group....

Brilliant occasion and great racing followed....

maybe see some of you at the finale in Docklands on Sunday....

overdue time for bed .....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

--
rooman

Old January 7th 06, 08:18 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Had a great day as well. Superb weather and great beach views along the
way.

--
Dancier

Old January 7th 06, 09:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle

I've uploaded my photos from Amy's Ride at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlem.../sets/1784111/

I woke up mega early bouncing something silly. All I wanna do is pull
the lycra back on and get out there and do some more riding. Yep, I'm
hooked!

I've got heaps of photos from the Crit as well to follow later today.

--
SuzieB

Old January 7th 06, 09:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle

As seems to be the consensus, I thoroughly enjoyed the day out.
I noticed a group sporting 'Wheels of Justice' on the back of their
jerseys... I couldnt jump on to ask at the time, but I think I
recognised the name from this forum. Is that the case???

--
SEGFTG

Old January 7th 06, 09:49 PM posted to aus.bicycle

SEGFTG Wrote:
As seems to be the consensus, I thoroughly enjoyed the day out.
I noticed a group sporting 'Wheels of Justice' on the back of their
jerseys... I couldnt jump on to ask at the time, but I think I
recognised the name from this forum. Is that the case???

Aye, aye, that was us. cfsmtb did a great job making the cards for us
to wear.

--
SuzieB

Old January 7th 06, 09:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-01-07, cfsmtb wrote:
We're baacckkk!

Too tired for a proper RR. Over 3000 cyclists. About 10 in the WoJ/a.b
team from Melbourne. Bloody superb day. More details and pix soon.

Oh, so that was what was going on in Geelong yesterday? I did wonder,
when I tootled on through to Portarlington for a navigation course,
behind (and in front of) a bunch of cars with bikes attached.

I need to pay a little more attention to what's going on around me, I
suspect ... *sheepish grin*