Help me to figure out ! Plus, share the insight of you with guys!

Old October 1st 08, 07:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jessiecolorful

Default Help me to figure out ! Plus, share the insight of you with guys!

Hi!everyone,
let me introduce myself first, my name is Jessie, I come from Asia, I
am not really good in expressing, but I have some questions about
unicycles, I hope that here are some exports who can help me to
figure out my confusing.

Recently I've been so interesting in unicycles since I saw the video of
Kris Holm on youtube, and I am thinking to buy one by my own, and learn
it! (because Kris Holm is awesome!)

but I am so confused about some nothing important issues
- is unicycle a kind of extreme sport? or it is not belonged to extreme
sport?
I saw several people are up 50 years old, but what is the real target
audience? is really easy to find the mates in my ages(I am 25 years
old)

- I am trying to buy one for my own, but I don't know anything about
the brand, I know Kris Holm has his own brand, is his brand in the
category good or bad? he seems like really famous in this field of
unicycling, so that I was thinking maybe his brand is better than
others....but still do the research for that. is it more expensive than
others? or it is stronger than others? I'm trying to figure out....

I really hope one day in the future I can have the same skill in
unicycling as kris Holm, (is it a dream?)

what is the insight of unicyclist?
I wanna travel the world by using different way (Like Kris Holm), so
that I am going to have one unicycle on my own!

Guys! Share some experiences with us!^^

--
jessiecolorful
Old October 1st 08, 11:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

jessiecolorful;1105589 wrote:
[...]

IS A UNICYCLE SOME KIND OF EXTREME SPORT?:
Yes, in a way it is.

IS REALLY EASY TO FIND THE MATES IN MY AGES(I AM 25 YEARS OLD)
Well you should be able to find some people around the 30's but I'm
sure there's some out there.

IS HIS BRAND IN THE CATEGORY GOOD OR BAD?
The brand is very good.

IS IT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OTHERS? OR IT IS STRONGER THAN OTHERS?
Well if you compare Kris Holm to Nimbus and Qu-ax, Kris Holm is more
expensive. I can say that Kris Holm is made strong.

-what is the insight of unicyclist?-
I don't quite understand that.

--
Unisykolist

*Watch me attempt a 2 meter (6-7 foot) drop on a unicycle and stack it,
watch it on - *www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
Old October 1st 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Doug

jessiecolorful;1105589 wrote:

- is unicycle a kind of extreme sport? or it is not belonged to extreme
sport?

I've heard it said that people who do an extreme sport don't consider
what they do as extreme, but just another alternative sport.

--
Doug

Ride like you stole it!
Old October 1st 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Welcome,

Unicycling can be as extreme or mellow as you want it to be. But yea it
fits well in the extreme/action sport genera.

I am 23 almost 24. Thats your age bracket. Alot of the action packed
ridding is being done by the 14-20 age group... So come kick it up with
me as the older riders.

Kris Holm unicycles are good quality. No way to go wrong with a KH. A
lot of people like to get something a bit cheaper and upgrade as they
learn more about the parts they want. A KH uni is pretty much best of
the shelf option.
*I hope this is easy to understand*

--
agentQ

'*)--SmallSpin-'O,*'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiFMXG116BE)
'*)---TreFlip-'O,'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpT0YFDgmz4)
'*)--DoubbleFlip-'O,*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/683454)
---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old October 1st 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hansc

jessiecolorful;1105589 wrote:
Hi!everyone,
let me introduce myself first, my name is Jessie, I come from Asia, I
am not really good in expressing, but I have some questions about
unicycles, I hope that here are some exports who can help me to
figure out my confusing.

- is unicycle a kind of extreme sport? or it is not belonged to extreme
sport?

Don't know, and couldn't care less; I unicycle because I think it's
fun. Some say it's extreme, others call it gay. Well, I'm usually very
happy on my Muni (Mountain Unicycle), so I guess they have a point.

I saw several people are up 50 years old, but what is the real target
audience? is really easy to find the mates in my ages(I am 25 years old)

I'm 20. Unicycling is for all ages, I don't see why this should worry
you.

- I am trying to buy one for my own, but I don't know anything about the
brand, I know Kris Holm has his own brand, is his brand in the category
good or bad?

I think most consider KH unicycles as top quality. If you want to get a
unicycle, please tell us where you're located, what you want to do with
your unicycle and how much money you're ready to spend.

I really hope one day in the future I can have the same skill in
unicycling as kris Holm, (is it a dream?)

Yes it is, and you're the only one who can make it into reality.
(Now I surly deserve the trophy for the most cliche comment)

--
hansc
Old October 1st 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

hansc;1105817 wrote:
Yes it is, and you're the only one who can make it into reality.

Yes it's unlikely (esp since you're getting a later start), but
possible. Others have gotten there, including 'Keny Banks'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=73206), and others,
IMO (In My Opinion).

Getting there will require *_LOTS_* of practice over years and may
require you moving to somewhere w/ better terrain.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old October 1st 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Hey good to see you here.

I'm 20 years old love unicycling and I just spent a summerin Asia
unicycling.

Where in Asia are you? I know there are clubs in Singapore, Hong Kong,
Korea, Japan and I have heard rumours of a club in Shenzhen China and
some more in Mainland China.

If you look hard I'm sure you will be able to find some people to ride
with and if you can't find anyone, then you will have to teach your
friends how to unicycle.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old October 2nd 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
StephenH

- is unicycle a kind of extreme sport? or it is not belonged to extreme
sport?
I would say that some unicyclists are doing an extreme sport. But
there's lots of us that just ride around on pavement and don't jump off
rocks and stuff like that. It's kind of like bicycling. People do
crazy stunts with bicycles, too, but most people just ride them around.

I saw several people are up 50 years old, but what is the real target
audience? is really easy to find the mates in my ages(I am 25 years
old)
Seems to me like most of the unicyclists are younger, typically high
school or college age.

- I am trying to buy one for my own, but I don't know anything about
the brand,
For just learning to ride around, practically any decent quality
unicycle will work. A Torker LX is a pretty good value for the money.
When you start jumping and getting rougher with it, then you'll want
something better with splined hubs instead of the cotterless hubs, and
that's when you get into more money. But you can get the Torker LX here
in the US for around $100 or so. A 20" is a good size for learning.

I really hope one day in the future I can have the same skill in
unicycling as kris Holm, (is it a dream?)
That depends on you. I've learned to ride around on a unicycle, but
it's obvious that I'll never do what some of these guys do. I still
enjoy it, though.

what is the insight of unicyclist?
I wanna travel the world by using different way (Like Kris Holm), so
that I am going to have one unicycle on my own!

Learn to ride around the block and get comfortable with it. You'll
then have a pretty good idea how fast you learn and what you want to do
with it.

--
StephenH
Old October 2nd 08, 12:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jessiecolorful

agentQ;1105816 wrote:
Welcome,

Unicycling can be as extreme or mellow as you want it to be. But yea it
fits well in the extreme/action sport genera.

I am 23 almost 24. Thats your age bracket. Alot of the action packed
ridding is being done by the 14-20 age group... So come kick it up with
me as the older riders.

Kris Holm unicycles are good quality. No way to go wrong with a KH. A
lot of people like to get something a bit cheaper and upgrade as they
learn more about the parts they want. A KH uni is pretty much best of
the shelf option.
*I hope this is easy to understand*

Absolutely, you help me a lot! I think I should but the cheaper one
first!! haah

--
jessiecolorful
Old October 2nd 08, 12:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jessiecolorful

ntappin;1105934 wrote:
Hey good to see you here.

I'm 20 years old love unicycling and I just spent a summerin Asia
unicycling.

Where in Asia are you? I know there are clubs in Singapore, Hong Kong,
Korea, Japan and I have heard rumours of a club in Shenzhen China and
some more in Mainland China.

If you look hard I'm sure you will be able to find some people to ride
with and if you can't find anyone, then you will have to teach your
friends how to unicycle.

I come from Taiwan, and lots of people in my country treat it like an
extreme sport, but I treat it like an hobby more than sport.....but it
also makes me feel like I can have an adventure in the city by using
unicycles.

Sorry, english skill is not pretty good, but I really appreciated you
guys give me so many helps and suggestions.

--
jessiecolorful