Smart Motorway Costs

Old January 6th 18, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Smart Motorway Costs

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

£274 million to upgrade 3 of the 45 junction on the M6 alone.
£4 Billion to upgrade the whole M6.

Motoring taxes generate £6 billion pa

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

31 Junctions on the M5
£2.8 Billion

47 Junctions on M1
£4.3 Billion

How are motorists going to pay for this as well as the rest of the motorways and the local road they currently use free of charge?

Old January 6th 18, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 7:18:55 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

£274 million to upgrade 3 of the 45 junction on the M6 alone.
£4 Billion to upgrade the whole M6.

Motoring taxes generate £6 billion pa

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

31 Junctions on the M5
£2.8 Billion

47 Junctions on M1
£4.3 Billion

How are motorists going to pay for this as well as the rest of the
motorways and the local road they currently use free of charge?

Pillock.

Still obsessed with male genitalia, I see.
Now try answering the question.

Old January 6th 18, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

£274 million to upgrade 3 of the 45 junction on the M6 alone.
£4 Billion to upgrade the whole M6.

Motoring taxes generate £6 billion pa

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

31 Junctions on the M5
£2.8 Billion

47 Junctions on M1
£4.3 Billion

How are motorists going to pay for this as well as the rest of the
motorways and the local road they currently use free of charge?

Pillock.

Still obsessed with male genitalia, I see.
Now try answering the question.

He's not intelligent enough to construct answers.

Then you fall for his little game, Hucker.
You are stupid enough to do this. After all, you are a scum cyclist.
Answer his question, Hucker.

Old January 6th 18, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 06/01/2018 18:43, Simon Jester wrote:

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

£274 million to upgrade 3 of the 45 junction on the M6 alone.
£4 Billion to upgrade the whole M6.

Motoring taxes generate £6 billion pa

Would you give a breakdown of motoring taxes?

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

31 Junctions on the M5
£2.8 Billion

47 Junctions on M1
£4.3 Billion

How are motorists going to pay for this as well as the rest of the motorways and the local road they currently use free of charge?

I presume that you do not pay council tax, or any other form of
taxation, as local roads are paid for by the council that gets its money
from council tax & central government.
Old January 6th 18, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 8:34:55 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 06/01/2018 18:43, Simon Jester wrote:

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

£274 million to upgrade 3 of the 45 junction on the M6 alone.
£4 Billion to upgrade the whole M6.

Motoring taxes generate £6 billion pa

Would you give a breakdown of motoring taxes?

VED is the only specific motoring tax, it raises £6billion pa of which £10billion is spent on motorway maintenance, even Autoholics Anonymous agree with that.

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

31 Junctions on the M5
£2.8 Billion

47 Junctions on M1
£4.3 Billion

How are motorists going to pay for this as well as the rest of the motorways and the local road they currently use free of charge?

I presume that you do not pay council tax, or any other form of
taxation, as local roads are paid for by the council that gets its money
from council tax & central government.

So you agree cyclists pay for the roads they use many times over given the 4th power of axle loading rule.

Old January 6th 18, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 10:09:40 PM UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I drive 99.9% of the time. If I cycle, it's usually offroad. If I have to cycle along a road, I use the pavement to keep out of the way of the faster vehicles.

Why do cycle at all when you can run faster?

Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj7I6gK1RS0
Old January 7th 18, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 06/01/2018 21:06, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 8:34:55 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 06/01/2018 18:43, Simon Jester wrote:

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

£274 million to upgrade 3 of the 45 junction on the M6 alone.
£4 Billion to upgrade the whole M6.

Motoring taxes generate £6 billion pa

Would you give a breakdown of motoring taxes?

VED is the only specific motoring tax, it raises £6billion pa of which £10billion is spent on motorway maintenance, even Autoholics Anonymous agree with that.

So the VAT on fuel, and tax on new cars, tax on vehicle parts/service.
tolls etc does not exist.

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

31 Junctions on the M5
£2.8 Billion

47 Junctions on M1
£4.3 Billion

How are motorists going to pay for this as well as the rest of the motorways and the local road they currently use free of charge?

I presume that you do not pay council tax, or any other form of
taxation, as local roads are paid for by the council that gets its money
from council tax & central government.

So you agree cyclists pay for the roads they use many times over given the 4th power of axle loading rule.

No, I stand by what I posted, that is the post that you avoided.

Old January 7th 18, 06:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 11:12:56 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 06/01/2018 21:06, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 8:34:55 PM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 06/01/2018 18:43, Simon Jester wrote:

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

£274 million to upgrade 3 of the 45 junction on the M6 alone.
£4 Billion to upgrade the whole M6.

Motoring taxes generate £6 billion pa

Would you give a breakdown of motoring taxes?

VED is the only specific motoring tax, it raises £6billion pa of which £10billion is spent on motorway maintenance, even Autoholics Anonymous agree with that.

So the VAT on fuel, and tax on new cars, tax on vehicle parts/service.
tolls etc does not exist.

Paid by all road users but only motorists can use motorways.

http://roads.highways.gov.uk/project...mart-motorway/

31 Junctions on the M5
£2.8 Billion

47 Junctions on M1
£4.3 Billion

How are motorists going to pay for this as well as the rest of the motorways and the local road they currently use free of charge?

I presume that you do not pay council tax, or any other form of
taxation, as local roads are paid for by the council that gets its money
from council tax & central government.

So you agree cyclists pay for the roads they use many times over given the 4th power of axle loading rule.

No, I stand by what I posted, that is the post that you avoided.

So you are saying cyclists do not pay council tax or income tax?