3 mils on a 20"

Old March 16th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boisei

Default 3 mils on a 20"

when I used to ride around on my 20" and people would comment I'd say,
"it beats walking." I'll walk 3 miles so yeah, sure, 20" 3 miles. But
think of it like walking that distance to budget time and energy.

--
boisei
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 16th 08, 09:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

its possible yeah, ive done it but it was three miles to get to the
train station, we only just got to the train when it left!! it took us
about half an hour and it killed me, i was riding my learners uni with
a basically plastic seat and that hurts...A lot

--
1-wheeled-grape

the computer lies get over it!!!!**
i swear people enjoy seeing me in pain

Chris-"james is naming your unicycle a girls name replacement for
girlfriends?"
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 16th 08, 09:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

I once did 20 miles in a day on a 20". It was a long day.

You could adapt the 20" by putting shorter cranks on. However, a 24"
wheel is 20% bigger, and you go 20% faster for the same rpm.

The 20" is suboptimal for distance work.

--
Mikefule

In material terms, compare yourself to those behind you.
In spiritual terms, compare yourself to those ahead of you.
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 16th 08, 11:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

I don't recommend the 20" for distance riding but I have done it to
commute to my off road riding locations.

I'd recommend a larger wheel, say a 29" for commuting and muni.

--
legtod2

Terry Fox & Trish Crandall...
my inspiration in life.
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 16th 08, 12:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

legtod2 wrote:
I don't recommend the 20" for distance riding but I have done it to
commute to my off road riding locations.

I'd recommend a larger wheel, say a 29" for commuting and muni.

Or if you have the extra *$$$* fork out for a 36er or coker.

--
Hazmat

1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

' My kind of driving with my favourite car.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-F_FpRBm6c)

'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 16th 08, 01:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Nimbusnut

This is why I thought coming up with a trailer bar would be a cool idea.
Clamp the uni's seat post to the trailer bar on the bike, and tow it to
your riding spot. If ya are worried about the trailer bar getting
stolen, it could have a loop on it that the bike lock goes through as
well as through the bike wheel and the frame.

--
Nimbusnut
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 16th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
$unidude$chad$:)

I've done that aactually (just once) it was for an opening for a bike
trail i felt like dying afterwards, but i went 4 miles not 3

--
$unidude$chad$

Chad Miedel
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 16th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wheres_your_other_wheel

ive rode about 5 miles on my 20" and it was ok
but i wouldnt advise it.

--
wheres_your_other_wheel

JerryAttrick wrote:
Don't worry about your jewels. Once they've been worn away by the
saddle, you won't have to worry about them any more!

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 16th 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Nicf wrote:
is it possible??

as a daily commute??

It certainly is. For several months I used to commute 4 miles each way
to work on a 20". In fact, that was only half way as I used the
underground for the other half. But a couple of times I rode the whole
8 miles on the 20".

Give it a go.

Once you're used to it, though, you'll really appreciate a larger wheel

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 16th 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hamtfs

I'd go for it.

I regularly do the 4 miles to my work in the morning on my 20" and it
takes about 45mins.

I would recomend a larger wheel though as my 36" does it in about 20
mins.

--
hamtfs
http://www.usenet.com