Travel Case?

Old February 6th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cody

Default Travel Case?

OK, I've used the search and did not find what I was looking for. What I
need is a guitar type carrier for airline travel. Its got to be able to
take a beating and be fairly compact. I have a Nimbus ISIS Trials.

Thanks,
Cody

--
cody
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 6th 08, 08:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

cody wrote:
OK, I've used the search and did not find what I was looking for. What I
need is a guitar type carrier for airline travel. Its got to be able to
take a beating and be fairly compact. I have a Nimbus ISIS Trials.

Are you taking about a hard or soft shell case? The only carriers I've
seen are custom soft (nylon or canvas) shells that zip closed. There
should be some thread in the archives that describes how one is made.

Incidentally, I've never seen a carrier for a trials uni. If you took
off the seat (w/seatpost) and pedals, you might be able to fit your
Nimbus into a duffle bag.

Don't worry about damage... your uni will see much more abuse being
dropped off of high ledges and thrown down stair sets... the baggage
handlers can't do nearly that much to your uni... you'd hope

Have you actually tried a soft shell guitar case? You might be able to
stretch one around your Nimbus... just a wild idea.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 6th 08, 09:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

just throw it in an old suitcase

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old February 6th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

I've had good luck in the past flying across the country and packing my
26" and 24" (on seperate occasions) wheel with the tire, pedals and
seat post removed in a fairly simple pull duffle bag. Checked it right
in and got it back in perfect shape. I don't know about a 36er
though...

--
MuniSano
http://www.usenet.com