Where did they come from??

Old March 17th 10, 05:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Where did they come from??

Was at Maroubra Junction, Sydney, yesterday at about 1900 and I saw this
group of cyclists headed south towards Botany Bay via Maroubra Road.
There was a few of them too, about 20-30 riders, all decked out in their
pretty costumes and thousand-dollar bikes. I was going the other way so
I tried to look inconspicuous in my jeans and tee shirt on my crappy
40-yr old bike

Where did they come from? Probably a club ride of some sort I think.
Could also be regular as I have encountered a small group of 3 riders
last week headed north on that same road at about 1800(?).
Old March 17th 10, 11:15 PM posted to aus.bicycle
thefathippy

On Mar 17, 4:47*pm, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
Was at Maroubra Junction, Sydney, yesterday at about 1900 and I saw this
* group of cyclists headed south towards Botany Bay via Maroubra Road.
There was a few of them too, about 20-30 riders, all decked out in their
pretty costumes and thousand-dollar bikes. I was going the other way so
I tried to look inconspicuous in my jeans and tee shirt on my crappy
40-yr old bike

Where did they come from? Probably a club ride of some sort I think.
Could also be regular as I have encountered a small group of 3 riders
last week headed north on that same road at about 1800(?).

Thousand dollar bikes? Must have been the low end run. ;^P

Not sure that three riders would be part of the same regular ride as
20-30 riders, unless they were the stragglers.

Tony F
Old March 18th 10, 04:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

thefathippy wrote:
On Mar 17, 4:47 pm, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
Was at Maroubra Junction, Sydney, yesterday at about 1900 and I saw this
group of cyclists headed south towards Botany Bay via Maroubra Road.
There was a few of them too, about 20-30 riders, all decked out in their
pretty costumes and thousand-dollar bikes. I was going the other way so
I tried to look inconspicuous in my jeans and tee shirt on my crappy
40-yr old bike

Where did they come from? Probably a club ride of some sort I think.
Could also be regular as I have encountered a small group of 3 riders
last week headed north on that same road at about 1800(?).

Thousand dollar bikes? Must have been the low end run. ;^P

Yeah, more likely their outfit alone would be a thousand-dollar plus,
never mind the bikes! I recall thinking of kitting meself out to look
like "the real deal" but I choked when I added up the prices. Anyway, I
would have looked silly riding a 40-yr old bike wearing pro gear

Not sure that three riders would be part of the same regular ride as
20-30 riders, unless they were the stragglers.

Maybe so but this lot was headed towards Maroubra, ie away from Botany
Bay so I was guessing they were off to meet the main group. Who knows?

I do know I had to pedal real hard to catch up with them from about
40-50m behind as they saw me coming and they took off quick when the
lights changed. It was fun when they turned around to see where I was
after about 100-150m and saw me right behind them But then, it was
probably because they had done quite a few kms before I saw them and I
was relatively fresher than they were as I had only done about 15kms.
Old March 20th 10, 04:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
20cents[_2_]

In article , Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
On Mar 17, 4:47 pm, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
Was at Maroubra Junction, Sydney, yesterday at about 1900 and I saw this
group of cyclists headed south towards Botany Bay via Maroubra Road.
There was a few of them too, about 20-30 riders, all decked out in their
pretty costumes and thousand-dollar bikes. I was going the other way so
I tried to look inconspicuous in my jeans and tee shirt on my crappy
40-yr old bike

(snip)

Maybe so but this lot was headed towards Maroubra, ie away from Botany
Bay so I was guessing they were off to meet the main group. Who knows?

Probably heading to La Perouse from one of the Centennial Park or
Randwick meeting spots.

regards,
20 cents
Old March 30th 10, 03:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

ArseClown wrote:

Geoff Lock wrote:

You dumb ****.