buy n sell bikes for cheap

Old July 21st 06, 01:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
signit2004

Default buy n sell bikes for cheap

http:/behindbikes.com

chk this out.... best place to bye bikes online.......

Old July 21st 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

signit2004 wrote:
http: snip

chk this out.... best place to bye bikes online.......

You looze. I seriously doubt that anybody on this group would be fool
enough to buy a bike they couldn't test-ride.

Old July 21st 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Gooserider

wrote in message
signit2004 wrote:
http: snip

chk this out.... best place to bye bikes online.......

You looze. I seriously doubt that anybody on this group would be fool
enough to buy a bike they couldn't test-ride.

Yeah, because nobody on r.b.m. ever bought a bike off of eBay.

Old July 28th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Gooserider wrote:

chk this out.... best place to bye bikes online.......

You looze. I seriously doubt that anybody on this group would be fool
enough to buy a bike they couldn't test-ride.

Yeah, because nobody on r.b.m. ever bought a bike off of eBay.

Can't tell if you have sarcasm mode toggled on or off, but I'll add a
bit in either case.
Seems like it's about once a month someone puts a post on this NG
saying that they're looking for a bike, describing their budget and
intended riding style, and asking for advice as to what to buy. The
denizens of the group invariably respond with a flurry of replies, ranging
from the helpful to the downright arcane. At least a third of them,
though, urge the prospective buyer to test ride, test ride, and test ride.
One eloquent poster recently commented that, "you don't choose the bike,
the bike chooses you."
After all those threads, I suppose it might be that there still
r.b.m'ers who have bought bikes through eBay or otherwise online. If
there are, though, I'm very surprised.

Bill

__o | REALLY support the troops
_`\(,_ | Ride a bicycle!
(_)/ (_) |
Old July 28th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Kruger

wrote in message
Gooserider wrote:

Yeah, because nobody on r.b.m. ever bought a bike off of eBay.

Can't tell if you have sarcasm mode toggled on or off, but I'll add a
bit in either case.
Seems like it's about once a month someone puts a post on this NG
saying that they're looking for a bike, describing their budget and
intended riding style, and asking for advice as to what to buy. The
denizens of the group invariably respond with a flurry of replies, ranging
from the helpful to the downright arcane. At least a third of them,
though, urge the prospective buyer to test ride, test ride, and test ride.
One eloquent poster recently commented that, "you don't choose the bike,
the bike chooses you."
After all those threads, I suppose it might be that there still
r.b.m'ers who have bought bikes through eBay or otherwise online. If
there are, though, I'm very surprised.

I doubt I'm the only one.
For nearly all the posters who ask, buying off Ebay is not their best bet.
But, in the right circumstances, it's OK. Consider this:
1. I'm a tall guy. How many 62 centimeter frames am I going to be able to
test ride?
2. The bike was being sold by a guy who posts on bike lists (but not this
group), although not to sell stuff. He sells stuff from estate sales to make
a few bucks, although generally antiques rather than bikes. His feedback was
numerous and positive over a reasonably long time.
3. If I got nothing at all out of the transaction, I wasn't out more than I
could afford.

Old July 28th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
R Brickston

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 01:27:00 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Gooserider wrote:

[...]

How many different ways can a Trek 520 in X inches fit?
Old July 28th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Rich

Old July 28th 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
R Brickston

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:50:00 -0600, Rich
wrote:

R Brickston wrote:

How many different ways can a Trek 520 in X inches fit?

Well, good answer.

And how many ways can several Trek 520's of the same size fit
differently, given the exact same adjustments?

Sell your bikes MattB Mountain Biking 7 November 17th 05 08:00 AM
EBAY ALTERNATIVES WAYS TO SELL BIKES & PARTS FeePaysux Marketplace 8 March 2nd 05 03:58 AM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Rides 0 June 1st 04 04:53 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Recumbent Biking 0 June 1st 04 04:49 AM