New name for choking

Old March 17th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default New name for choking

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=2372322

"Arousal-control has been an issue for me since the beginning of my
career," said Miller, famous for crashing out in the technical events,
especially slalom. "I was as physically and mentally fit as I could be
at the Olympics. Maybe I was overamped in the sense I would get so
fired up I would detonate. I was getting on the front of the ski. It's
just wanting to get down too much."

Old March 17th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=2372322

"Arousal-control has been an issue for me since the beginning of my
career," said Miller, famous for crashing out in the technical events,
especially slalom. "I was as physically and mentally fit as I could be
at the Olympics. Maybe I was overamped in the sense I would get so
fired up I would detonate. I was getting on the front of the ski. It's
just wanting to get down too much."

One step short of claiming a virtual victory, "It's always nice to end
the season like that. It's fun to come here and see what possibly could
have happened there [at the Olympics],"

Old March 17th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=2372322

"Arousal-control has been an issue for me since the beginning of my
career," said Miller,

Eddy Planckaert had issues with this too.

"Maybe I was overamped in the sense I would get so
fired up I would detonate. "

You see what I mean.

Old March 18th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

In article
.com,
wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=2372322

"If somebody's going to put that much energy into writing me or my family or
my coaches hate mail, and be pretty harsh and aggressive, it seems like they
would put the 10 minutes or whatever to do a little bit of research and find
out that they're basing their entire hate mail and judgment on the opinion
of one journalist, who's never even been to a ski race, or has been to one
or two ski races in their life, and doesn't know anything about what they're
writing about."

But it is uncertain whether a victory at this point will appease his
detractors, who criticized Miller for his late-night habits in Sestriere,
accused him of being negligent or tanking his races, and declared he was
unfit both physically and to represent his country at the Olympics.

The remark about appeasing shows the writer to be unclear
on the concept. If the writer had done his research he
would know that Miller does not set out to appease.

--
Michael Press