Speedmachine recumbent for sale

Old July 23rd 04, 09:05 AM
Peter Clinch

Default Speedmachine recumbent for sale

Alan Braggins wrote:

(I was pleasantly surprised when I mentioned having seen a recumbent on=

ebay for =A3800 (Challenge Mistral mentioned on urc earlier)=20

But having spent a day on a Mistral, I wouldn't give you =A3500 for a=20
brand new one to be honest. I'd replace the Streetmachine ASAP at full=20
price (=A31425 + a big chunk on extras) if it was eaten by voracious jedi=
=20
pixies, though. Mileage varies, of course (some people seem to like=20
them), but the only thing the Mistral did for me that was positive was=20
convince me that Magura rim brakes were miles better than Vs and cantis, =

and I subsequently upgraded the brakes on the Streetmachine to HS-33s.

Seat didn't suit me, finish could've been better, suspension was nowhere =

near as good as HPVels, Optimas or Nazcas I've ridden and the standard=20
rack was completely hopeless for panniers. Which reinforces my usual=20
point on 'bents that buying them unseen (and, more to the point,=20
un/sat/) is IMHO a rather silly gamble with a potentially large amount=20
of money.

Pete.
--=20
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Old July 23rd 04, 09:53 PM
Mike Causer

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:54:27 +0100, Alan Braggins wrote:

I'm scarily tempted, even being a long way from Dundee and never
having tried a remotely comparable machine.

That's easily fixable, although you might be a little cramped on my
Ross. Errr, just remind me of your phone number & I'll call next time
I head your way (probably Sunday pm, after the GP).

Mike