Just had an altercation with a cyclist

Old November 10th 11, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Cummins[_4_]

Default Just had an altercation with a cyclist

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Mrcheerful)
came up to me and whispered:

Crossings Regulations and General Directions 1997.

so you don't keep up with the highway code then?

Following the previous regulation, of treating the entire crossing as a
single item, is perfectly in order and commits no offence.

And, as I stated, the Highway Code is not the law, as it used to say at
the start of it.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

---- If it's below this line, I didn't write it ----
Old November 10th 11, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Nov 10, 7:58*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Paul Cummins wrote:
We were about to embark at Dover, when
(Mrcheerful) came up to me and whispered:

Crossings Regulations and General Directions 1997.

so you don't keep up with the highway code then?

Following the previous regulation, of treating the entire crossing as
a single item, is perfectly in order and commits no offence.

And, as I stated, the Highway Code is not the law, as it used to say
at the start of it.

makes you wonder what else you may have missed.

Did you miss the rule that says (I quote from memory):-
When at the wheel of a potentially-lethal vehicle do not behave in a
way that will cause observers to doubt your sanity.
(From Zebra, Marmoset, Pelican, Puffin and Miscellaneous Rodents
Pedestrian Crossings Regulations and General Directions 1997)

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the
difference."