FLU

Old December 4th 17, 06:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default FLU

On 2017-12-03 17:26, John B. wrote:

[...]

Oh yes, I forgot, for several years, long before California's first
clean air laws, I was also exposed to the Los Angeles Basin smog for
longer or shorter periods.

Sure. My great grandpa smoke huge stogies and made it to almost 103. So
smoking is not detrimental to one's health. Yeah, right.

[...]

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old December 4th 17, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-11-29 17:15, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 08:10:09 -0800, Joerg

On 2017-11-28 17:15, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 09:11:02 -0800, Joerg

On 2017-11-27 16:43, John B. wrote:

[...]

Or not being able to leave the farm for more then twelve hours because
you have to do the milking?

Ever heard of the term farm hands?

Oh, you have hired servants?

I don't. They had employees.

[...]

Sure. Combine harvesting has been going on even longer then I've been
around and they are expensive, which is why you seldom see one in the
normal farmer's inventory. But what you don't think about is that to
be economical combine harvesting can only be used in large fields that
are relatively flat have straight boundaries. It isn't effective in
fields that are irregular in shape or are not relatively flat.

The farmers where I lived were smarter. They formed what was often
called a co-op, bought one or two combines together and split the costs.

Sure, there are companies that do nothing but harvest grain crops but
still, use of a combine harvester pretty is much restricted to large
flat fields straight sides as a Combine just doesn't maneuver around
sharp corners very well.

The ones we had were pretty agile, not super large.

And sure studies are made of the pressures of city life... All you
need to do is write up a good proposal and get the grant and away you
go. A government funded study. We get them over here. Every few years
you see an article in the Bangkok newspaper about someone that got yet
another grant to study "Prostitution in Thailand". So ignoring the
fact that prostitution have been studied innumerable times in the past
some bloke gets a grant to study them once again.

Having lived in the country and in the city, I don't need studies. I
know and made my choices accordingly. Interestingly my wife who grew up
in a huge city sees it the same way. She would never move back there.

Well yes, the best of both worlds. Out of the built up areas and still
close enough that one can drive into town for shows and shopping. One
might call it the dilettante life style.

The last time we went into Sacramento for shows or shopping was over 20
years ago when we moved to this area. Once was enough. Then about 10
years ago I drove visitors there because they wanted to see the railroad
museum. We have our own train museum right here, along the singletrack.

And for all this non-driving you require his and her's SUV's?

She has a Toyota Corolla. I have an SUV which I do require because
occasionally I have to transport half a ton of stuff. Both are over 20
years old and quite fuel-efficient. Although the latter doesn't matter
much with 1000mi/year.

Old December 7th 17, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/health...rts/index.html
Old December 7th 17, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-12-07 13:35, wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/health...rts/index.html

Not sure what flu has got to do with vehicles but ... again this year I
know several people who got the flu shot and became sick. Very sick. I
never got a flu shot and ... so far never contracted flu. I guess the
flu shot only protects against yesteryear's strains and they caught a
"new and improved" strain.

Old December 8th 17, 04:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2017-12-07 13:35, wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/health...rts/index.html

Not sure what flu has got to do with vehicles but ... again this year I
know several people who got the flu shot and became sick. Very sick. I
never got a flu shot and ... so far never contracted flu. I guess the
flu shot only protects against yesteryear's strains and they caught a
"new and improved" strain.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

gnaw their systems are weak. Your argument that you know x so Y is false is XXXXXX

if the rider has flu after one of JB's forays into local culture then the rider cannah ride. Is this obvious or what ?
Old December 8th 17, 04:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh****

gnaw their systems are weak. Your argument that you know x so Y is false is XXXXXX
if the rider has flu after one of JB's forays into local culture then the rider cannah ride. Is this obvious or what ?

http://www.latimes.com/science/scien...htmlstory.html

uuunnnnggghhhhhh
Old December 8th 17, 05:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 14:01:25 -0800, Joerg

On 2017-12-07 13:35, wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/health...rts/index.html

Not sure what flu has got to do with vehicles but ... again this year I
know several people who got the flu shot and became sick. Very sick. I
never got a flu shot and ... so far never contracted flu. I guess the
flu shot only protects against yesteryear's strains and they caught a
"new and improved" strain.

When I was in the Air Force Flu shots were mandatory and some years a
lot of people got sick from the shots. In one case, at an airbase in
Alabama, it was severe enough that flight training was stopped for a
day or so.

I asked a doctor about it he reckoned that it depended on the strain
of flue that the vaccine was designed for (not all flu is the same)
and any natural resistance the base population had.

Before I went to Vietnam I had to take a "plague shot" which was a
startling large shot in the butt. When the medic pulled the syringe
out and I was tightening my belt he said, "you weren't going anywhere
in the next few days, were you?" I asked him "why?" and he said that
after getting a plague shot "we like the guy to be available for a few
days".

I said, you mean I might get the plague? and he didn't reply.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old December 8th 17, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-12-07 13:35,
wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/health...rts/index.html

Not sure what flu has got to do with vehicles but ... again this year I
know several people who got the flu shot and became sick. Very
sick. I never got a flu shot and ... so far never contracted flu. I
guess the flu shot only protects against yesteryear's strains and
they caught a "new and improved" strain.

-- Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

gnaw their systems are weak. Your argument that you know x so Y is
false is XXXXXX

if the rider has flu after one of JB's forays into local culture then
the rider cannah ride. Is this obvious or what ?

When I was a student I rode with flu. No fun but I had to.

Old December 8th 17, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2017-12-07 13:35,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3qJQcA1oBc
Old December 8th 17, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2017-12-07 13:35,
wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/health...rts/index.html

Not sure what flu has got to do with vehicles but ... again this year I
know several people who got the flu shot and became sick. Very
sick. I never got a flu shot and ... so far never contracted flu. I
guess the flu shot only protects against yesteryear's strains and
they caught a "new and improved" strain.

-- Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

gnaw their systems are weak. Your argument that you know x so Y is
false is XXXXXX

if the rider has flu after one of JB's forays into local culture then
the rider cannah ride. Is this obvious or what ?

When I was a student I rode with flu. No fun but I had to.

My worst was riding home from work with what turned out to be appendicitis.

--
- Frank Krygowski