windbreaks for bikes?

Old December 12th 17, 12:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default windbreaks for bikes?

Tosspot wrote:

I ride with HotPogs

They look pretty much like the one AMuzi
suggested, perhaps even bigger!

I get it this is for the bike with all the
shifting and brake levers that has to be
included and not separated from the hand.

This is more what I had in mind tho

http://www.dootalk.com/reports/images/tech_rox_12.jpg

And yes, you will of course have heavy
insulation of the handle as well as
big mittens!

(Not that I am an owner of a snowmobile.
My family on my father's side had a couple but
the sure didn't look anything like that!
Now I think most of them has left this world
anyway. And the scooters, as well.)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old December 12th 17, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 12/12/17 12:46, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Tosspot wrote:

I ride with HotPogs

They look pretty much like the one AMuzi suggested, perhaps even
bigger!

I get it this is for the bike with all the shifting and brake levers
that has to be included and not separated from the hand.

This is more what I had in mind tho

http://www.dootalk.com/reports/images/tech_rox_12.jpg

And yes, you will of course have heavy insulation of the handle as
well as big mittens!

(Not that I am an owner of a snowmobile. My family on my father's
side had a couple but the sure didn't look anything like that! Now I
think most of them has left this world anyway. And the scooters, as
well.)

Is there no way to simply use scooter guards. E.g.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073P3JH7F

I *think* both handlebar diameters are an inch, or close enough for a
coke can to fix.

Old December 12th 17, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Tosspot wrote:

Is there no way to simply use scooter guards.
[...] I *think* both handlebar diameters are
an inch, or close enough for a coke can
to fix.

I didn't know they were sold separately but of
course they are. Yes, that should be possible
not to mention it would look awesome as well
I think they have different prices in the
scooter world tho

Old December 13th 17, 07:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 12/12/17 20:21, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Tosspot wrote:

Is there no way to simply use scooter guards.
[...] I *think* both handlebar diameters are
an inch, or close enough for a coke can
to fix.

I didn't know they were sold separately but of
course they are. Yes, that should be possible
not to mention it would look awesome as well
I think they have different prices in the
scooter world tho

Just remember the red ones are faster :-)

Old December 14th 17, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Tosspot wrote:

Just remember the red ones are faster :-)

I remember seeing a boxing match, it was
Shane Mosley vs. De La Hoya I think, and
Emanuel Steward, who was the expert
commentating, immediately said when Mosley
entered the ring that he was "dressed for
speed", because instead of the trunky boxing
boots in black or some other dark, bland color,
he had smaller shoes which were bright blue or
pink or something like that. Which are much
faster colors!