New Tactical Cycling Maneuver

Old September 25th 20, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default New Tactical Cycling Maneuver

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 20:31:44 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 9/24/2020 8:13 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/24/2020 8:25 PM, AMuzi wrote:

To the larger issue:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

... as if that's a daily occurrence in all other prosperous
westernized countries that have reasonable gun control?

Meanwhile, just a few days ago and about three miles away,
some dude barged into a house in a very quiet neighborhood
at 2 AM and blasted away, shooting four adults and one
four-year-old boy. The boy died in his mother's arms.

Oddly, no "good guy with a gun" prevented the murder.

Read some current news about Tibet as if their history isn't
heartbreaking enough. No one should want that for his country.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ramme-in-tibet

Goodness, they appear to be retraining the population to work in
industry. Note that the average salary in Tibet is 61,600 CNY while
the average salary in Shanghai (for example) is 227,915 CNY.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 25th 20, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 21:13:26 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 9/24/2020 8:25 PM, AMuzi wrote:

To the larger issue:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

... as if that's a daily occurrence in all other prosperous westernized
countries that have reasonable gun control?

Given that the photo shows an official of some sort executing two
individual I don't see that it involves gun control at all. Unless, of
course, you don't think that officials should be armed.

Meanwhile, just a few days ago and about three miles away, some dude
barged into a house in a very quiet neighborhood at 2 AM and blasted
away, shooting four adults and one four-year-old boy. The boy died in
his mother's arms.

Oddly, no "good guy with a gun" prevented the murder.

I suggest that the question is "Why". I did read that the police,
"stressed that it was not a random act of violence but rather a
targeted attack."

And I later read that "A suspect connected to a shooting that killed a
4-year-old Ohio boy and wounded four adults, including the boy's
mother, was arrested Monday night, authorities told Fox News.
and
Kimonie Bryant, 24, surrendered to the U.S. Marshals Service around 8
p.m., Struthers police Chief Tim Roddy said.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 25th 20, 12:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

John B. wrote:
On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 20:31:44 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 9/24/2020 8:13 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/24/2020 8:25 PM, AMuzi wrote:

To the larger issue:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

... as if that's a daily occurrence in all other prosperous
westernized countries that have reasonable gun control?

Before 2020, I bet you thought Australia was a prosperous westernized
country that had reasonable gun control. Well, Victoria is a thuggish
police state now.

Meanwhile, just a few days ago and about three miles away,
some dude barged into a house in a very quiet neighborhood
at 2 AM and blasted away, shooting four adults and one
four-year-old boy. The boy died in his mother's arms.

"Police say the shooting does not appear to be random, saying the suspect
was 'familiar' with the victims."

Quiet neighborhood or not, lock your doors at night and be careful with whom
you deal^Wsocialize.

Oddly, no "good guy with a gun" prevented the murder.

To the great relief of anti-gun, Democrats-voting neighbors. After all,
"mostly peaceful protesters" unhappy about bullet wounds inflicted on the
visiting Mr. K. Dindu Nuffin B. by effective "premature, racist" home
defense could have turned the neighborhood into a smoking pile of rubble by now.

Read some current news about Tibet as if their history isn't
heartbreaking enough. No one should want that for his country.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ramme-in-tibet

Goodness, they appear to be retraining the population to work in
industry.

It's about time! Last week, a LBS informed me that a PRC CNC'd aluminum
part had arrived which I had ordered last winter. (It was so expensive it
could as well been hand-carved in Switzerland.)

Note that the average salary in Tibet is 61,600 CNY while
the average salary in Shanghai (for example) is 227,915 CNY.

Who needs a salary when you have a herd of Yaks? Oh wait, one reason for
low salaries couldn't be foreign tourists being kept away from Tibet?

Sure, if you compare industrial wages of 1943 Poland (or mid-century
Siberia) to today's, "labor training" camps definitely look convincing.

--
"Which government would dare to touch political liberties if every citizen
had a shotgun and fifty bullets at home?"
Old September 25th 20, 03:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

I do find it odd that one seldom hears calls for edged
weapons control or ban:

https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/2020092...-hebdo-offices

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 25th 20, 03:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 9/24/2020 9:31 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/24/2020 8:13 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/24/2020 8:25 PM, AMuzi wrote:

To the larger issue:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

... as if that's a daily occurrence in all other prosperous
westernized countries that have reasonable gun control?

Meanwhile, just a few days ago and about three miles away,
some dude barged into a house in a very quiet neighborhood
at 2 AM and blasted away, shooting four adults and one
four-year-old boy. The boy died in his mother's arms.

Oddly, no "good guy with a gun" prevented the murder.

Read some current news about Tibet as if their history isn't
heartbreaking enough. No one should want that for his country.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ramme-in-tibet

Be careful about paranoia. Reasonable gun control exists in many dozens
of advanced countries. China hasn't taken over Britain, Canada,
Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, etc. etc.
etc.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old September 25th 20, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

On 9/24/2020 8:25 PM, AMuzi wrote:

To the larger issue:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

... as if that's a daily occurrence in all other prosperous westernized
countries that have reasonable gun control?

Given that the photo shows an official of some sort executing two
individual I don't see that it involves gun control at all. Unless, of
course, you don't think that officials should be armed.

I think Andrew's implication is that if (say) America introduces
universal background checks and restricts the purchase of rapid fire
assault-style weapons, that police will begin executing civilians on the
streets.

IOW, the implausible connection to gun control was not mine.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old September 25th 20, 04:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, September 25, 2020 at 4:46:14 AM UTC-7, Sepp Ruf wrote:
John B. wrote:
[...]

I was forced to attend a government training program starting at age five at a remote, fenced location in the mountains of California. https://www.losgatosca.gov/images/pa...n%20School.jpg (photo produced as part of FOIA request). I tried to organize a mass escape during one of the forced rituals known as the "hokey-pokey." "Put your right foot in" .. . . run! That attempted escape resulted in more than a decade of confinement. Its all chronicled in my novel, The Schoolag Archipelago -- translated from the original English by Andre Jute.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old September 25th 20, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

On 9/24/2020 8:25 PM, AMuzi wrote:
To the larger issue:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

... as if that's a daily occurrence in all other
prosperous westernized
countries that have reasonable gun control?

Given that the photo shows an official of some sort
executing two
individual I don't see that it involves gun control at
all. Unless, of
course, you don't think that officials should be armed.

I think Andrew's implication is that if (say) America
introduces universal background checks and restricts the
purchase of rapid fire assault-style weapons, that police
will begin executing civilians on the streets.

IOW, the implausible connection to gun control was not mine.

You mistake my position. The Second was clearly and
tersely written with a definitive and final period after
'shall not be infringed' by men whose memory of Lexington
was fresh.

Automatic weapons have been severely restricted since 1934.
One might argue that the National Firearms Act is an
unconstitutional abridgement but the courts are not
interested in that argument. So here we are, some 80+ years
later in a nation where firearm ownership is widespread,
voluminous and growing. Yesterday, virtually all of them
passed another day nicely oiled and cased without incident.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/gun...s-by-state/13/

which comes to just under 5 million firearms in Ohio.

Old September 25th 20, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 9:25:39 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/24/2020 12:00 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 8:37:23 AM UTC-7, Tosspot wrote:
On 24/09/2020 15.59, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/a-seat...s-head-during/

Why are the cops riding bikes at night with no lights? Is that not
illegal?

Why are you unaware that police are not subject to traffic regulations? Are you supposing that the police are going to pursue someone while staying within the speed limit?

I can see good reasons police are allowed to exceed the speed limit in a
pursuit situation. That doesn't justify cops violating any law they like
any time they like.

I've witnessed cops in patrol cars violating red lights apparently at
will - no speeding involved, no warning lights, no indication it was any
official business.

I'm pretty sympathetic to cops, but they shouldn't be using their
position to break the law for their own convenience.

This is why when you were young enough not to have bones broken someone should have slapped the holy **** out of you. Exactly how did you know that a cop wasn't responding to something? The pure unadulterated mental problems you have are open for public viewing every time you post. Cops not being subject to traffic laws is NOT cops doing anything they like without rules.
Old September 25th 20, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 9:54:58 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/24/2020 11:00 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 8:37:23 AM UTC-7, Tosspot wrote:
On 24/09/2020 15.59, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/a-seat...s-head-during/

Why are the cops riding bikes at night with no lights? Is that not
illegal?

Why are you unaware that police are not subject to traffic regulations? Are you supposing that the police are going to pursue someone while staying within the speed limit?

Technically they can run stop signs/stop lights and blow
speed limits, go wrong-way and so on only when the red
lights are rolling.

(or blue lights or whatever in your area)

Maybe in your state Andrew but not in most. It is pretty difficult to sneak up on criminals when your lights and siren are on.