Confused about URCM in UNNM

Old March 22nd 11, 01:30 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Default Confused about URCM in UNNM

Tue, 22 Mar 2011 12:43:51
uk.net.news.moderation Geoff Berrow

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 00:24:01 +0000, "Wm..."
wrote:

Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:14:34
uk.rec.cycling Geoff Berrow

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:42:47 +0000, "Wm..."
wrote:

She'll be grateful for that.

I think we may have been at cross purposes there.

OK, anyone's wife then. Why fixate on kat's husband?

I'm not fixated on any man or woman [1].

I'm sorry to tell you this but, that's how it comes across.
The number of times you've mentioned kat's husband is creepy.

If Mr or Mrs kat has a problem I'd expect them to say.

To reverse the usual assumption, I haven't had any e-mail about this.

Plenty of people have told you they find it creepy.

Enumerate them, please. Be assured that if kat sends me an e-mail
saying she finds it creepy, I will pay attention. She hasn't.

To make it
perfectly clear, you never mention my wife, or anyone else's as far as
I know.

You don't mention your wife much so I see no reason to bring her into
discussion here.

Why bring kat's husband into things?

Because she wanted us to know there was a Mr kat.

Does that not imply
sexism at least?

I'm happy to be corrected but I think kat introduced Mr kat a while
back.

If you find kat saying she is happily married sexist then that is your
problem not mine.

[1] or child before anyone goes all perverted.

The thought never crossed my mind. What's worrying is that it crossed
yours.

Just trying to make sure I had covered myself before one of the weirdos
got involved.

What makes you think they might?

I'd have thought you would have realised by now that some people can be
very weird on-line. Chances are they are perfectly nice people in real
life and just strange on-line.

--
Wm...
Old March 22nd 11, 02:27 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling

On Mar 22, 1:30*pm, "Wm..."
wrote:

I'd have thought you would have realised by now that some people can be
very weird on-line. *

I realised that a long time ago, as I suspect did many here.
Therefore we don't need you to keep reminding us by acting very weird
yourself.

Colin
Old March 22nd 11, 03:05 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Geoff Berrow

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:30:10 +0000, "Wm..."
wrote:

Plenty of people have told you they find it creepy.

Enumerate them, please.

You've never noticed them? Fascinating.

Be assured that if kat sends me an e-mail
saying she finds it creepy, I will pay attention. She hasn't.

kat will just ignore it. It's not about her.

To make it
perfectly clear, you never mention my wife, or anyone else's as far as
I know.

You don't mention your wife much so I see no reason to bring her into
discussion here.

Neither does kat.

Why bring kat's husband into things?

Because she wanted us to know there was a Mr kat.

No more than I want you to know I'm married.

Does that not imply
sexism at least?

I'm happy to be corrected but I think kat introduced Mr kat a while
back.

So?

If you find kat saying she is happily married sexist then that is your
problem not mine.

[1] or child before anyone goes all perverted.

The thought never crossed my mind. What's worrying is that it crossed
yours.

Just trying to make sure I had covered myself before one of the weirdos
got involved.

What makes you think they might?

I'd have thought you would have realised by now that some people can be
very weird on-line. Chances are they are perfectly nice people in real
life and just strange on-line.

Even though there are weird people about if I said 'I am not fixated
on any man or woman' my first thought would not be that I have to add
'or child', especially not in an adult forum.

Please realise I'm trying to help you here Wm. I'm sure a lot of
people have either given up on you or have you in their killfile.
--
Geoff Berrow (Put thecat out to email)
It's only Usenet, no one dies.

Old March 22nd 11, 03:31 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Tue, 22 Mar 2011 07:27:26

uk.net.news.moderation "

On Mar 22, 1:30*pm, "Wm..."
wrote:

I'd have thought you would have realised by now that some people can be
very weird on-line. *

I realised that a long time ago, as I suspect did many here.
Therefore we don't need you to keep reminding us by acting very weird
yourself.

If the problem person leaves I'll back off.

--
Wm...
Old March 22nd 11, 03:41 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Steve Firth

Geoff Berrow wrote:

I'm sure a lot of
people have either given up on you or have you in their killfile.

Both.

And I find Wm to be creepy.
Old March 22nd 11, 04:03 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:05:35

wrote:

Plenty of people have told you they find it creepy.

Enumerate them, please.

You've never noticed them? Fascinating.

I didn't say I hadn't noticed people not liking what I say at times. I
was asking you to say who you thought were or are the people that are
troubled.

Be assured that if kat sends me an e-mail
saying she finds it creepy, I will pay attention. She hasn't.

kat will just ignore it. It's not about her.

So we are, essentially, both defending other people's points of view.

I think I know which yours is and I think you know which mine is.

To make it
perfectly clear, you never mention my wife, or anyone else's as far as
I know.

You don't mention your wife much so I see no reason to bring her into
discussion here.

Neither does kat.

kat invoked Mr kat a while ago, I am respecting that.

Why bring kat's husband into things?

Because she wanted us to know there was a Mr kat.

No more than I want you to know I'm married.

I hope you and your partner are happy.

Does that not imply
sexism at least?

I'm happy to be corrected but I think kat introduced Mr kat a while
back.

So?

Order of things happening is the "so".

If you find kat saying she is happily married sexist then that is your
problem not mine.

[1] or child before anyone goes all perverted.

The thought never crossed my mind. What's worrying is that it crossed
yours.

Just trying to make sure I had covered myself before one of the weirdos
got involved.

What makes you think they might?

I'd have thought you would have realised by now that some people can be
very weird on-line. Chances are they are perfectly nice people in real
life and just strange on-line.

Even though there are weird people about if I said 'I am not fixated
on any man or woman' my first thought would not be that I have to add
'or child', especially not in an adult forum.

There are some things I am not prepared to express in public, if you ask
me about H in private I will respond as I believe you have a daughter
and may care.

Please realise I'm trying to help you here Wm.

I know.

I'm sure a lot of
people have either given up on you or have you in their killfile.

The curiosity bit is why I am in their kf's rather than JMS. You can
explain me away as being strange and even condemn me for saying the
things I do, I don't mind.

What I don't understand is why otherwise good folk will not condemn JMS
with equal vigour.

--
Wm...
Old March 22nd 11, 04:36 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:41:33
uk.net.news.moderation Steve Firth

Geoff Berrow wrote:

I'm sure a lot of
people have either given up on you or have you in their killfile.

Both.

And I find Wm to be creepy.

why? I am prepared to learn.

--
Wm...
Old March 22nd 11, 05:00 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Geoff Berrow

Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:05:35

wrote:

Plenty of people have told you they find it creepy.

Enumerate them, please.

You've never noticed them? Fascinating.

I didn't say I hadn't noticed people not liking what I say at times. I
was asking you to say who you thought were or are the people that are
troubled.

Wm, I haven't kept a list and it's not important enough to me to trawl
through my archives to look for them. Not that I'd name them anyway.
Proof that you need to work on your posting style can be found here.
http://www.moderation.org.uk/3displayulm.php

Be assured that if kat sends me an e-mail
saying she finds it creepy, I will pay attention. She hasn't.

kat will just ignore it. It's not about her.

So we are, essentially, both defending other people's points of view.

kat doesn't need my help. She was merely an example.

I think I know which yours is and I think you know which mine is.

To make it
perfectly clear, you never mention my wife, or anyone else's as far as
I know.

You don't mention your wife much so I see no reason to bring her into
discussion here.

Neither does kat.

kat invoked Mr kat a while ago, I am respecting that.

Respecting? By mentioning him in a patronising manner when there is no
reason to do so? It's not what I'd call respect.

Why bring kat's husband into things?

Because she wanted us to know there was a Mr kat.

No more than I want you to know I'm married.

I hope you and your partner are happy.

Deliriously so. Good of you to ask.

Does that not imply
sexism at least?

I'm happy to be corrected but I think kat introduced Mr kat a while
back.

So?

Order of things happening is the "so".

She may have mentioned him, is that an excuse to be patronising?

[...]

I don't know how that response relates to anything I've said.

Please realise I'm trying to help you here Wm.

I know.

I'm sure a lot of
people have either given up on you or have you in their killfile.

The curiosity bit is why I am in their kf's rather than JMS. You can
explain me away as being strange and even condemn me for saying the
things I do, I don't mind.

What I don't understand is why otherwise good folk will not condemn JMS
with equal vigour.

They might. Trevor has already said that she is.

Is she in your killfile?

Old March 22nd 11, 10:14 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Colin Reed[_4_]

On 22/03/11 15:31, Wm... wrote:
Tue, 22 Mar 2011 07:27:26

uk.net.news.moderation "

On Mar 22, 1:30 pm, "Wm..."
wrote:

I'd have thought you would have realised by now that some people can be
very weird on-line.

I realised that a long time ago, as I suspect did many here.
Therefore we don't need you to keep reminding us by acting very weird
yourself.

If the problem person leaves I'll back off.

That's what Nuxx Bar always posts about Guy. I think, to use your own
terms, that this makes you the problem person.

Colin
Old March 23rd 11, 10:33 AM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:37:16
man.cc
uk.net.news.moderation Simon Brooke

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:36:30 +0000
"Wm..." wrote:

Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:41:33
uk.net.news.moderation
Steve Firth

Geoff Berrow wrote:

I'm sure a lot of
people have either given up on you or have you in their killfile.

Both.

And I find Wm to be creepy.

why? I am prepared to learn.

Your obsessive interest in aspects of peoples' identity and/or
character, particularly in aspects of the identity and character of
people who appear to be female, which have precisely nothing to do with
how they post on Usenet. Your tendency to address people (again,
especially people who appear to be female) in an inappropriately
familiar fashion.

Please help me here. If someone says their name is ABC why is it rude
to use their name when responding to a message from them? If, during
the course of correspondence, I find myself wondering "hang on, are you
who you say you are" why is that a bad thing?

Some people see this medium as a "I can say anything I like" place.

I'll add my name to the 'finds Wm... creepy' list.

I thought you were a better person. I am not bothered if you think I am
creepy as I know what my personal behaviour to other people in RL is.

--
Wm...

Confused about URCM in UNNM Judith[_4_] UK 12 March 18th 11 05:57 PM
Confused Davey Crockett Racing 6 June 27th 07 04:56 AM
New and Confused! Jenneration Unicycling 19 February 26th 07 02:09 AM
New and Confused! Hazmat Unicycling 0 February 25th 07 12:01 PM
New and Confused! ivan Unicycling 0 February 25th 07 11:57 AM